Omega Aqua Terra bracelet alternative

Straps, straps, straps, and bracelets!
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Omega Aqua Terra bracelet alternative

Post by gaf1958 »

I bought my latest Aqua Terra recently; as I documented on another thread it’s not the most common model going so when one finally turned up on a strap, rather than on a bracelet I went for it anyway as I decided I could always get a bracelet after the event.

When I discovered just how eye-wateringly expensive the titanium bracelet was, I looked at the problem in a different way. Although titanium, the Good Planet AT looks remarkably like a stainless steel watch. 19mm lugs limited options a little. However, as it turns out I’d ordered a 19mm Uncle Seiko bracelet for my FOIS Speedmaster - then discovered that the unused bracelet for my wife’s 19mm MkI Aqu Terra fit the Speedy remarkably well, I went with that instead. No, the MkI AT bracelet does not fit the current MkII case... or so I’m told.

So even though they’re different metals, the colour of the US stainless bracelet seemed to match the titanium with no perceptible difference to my eyes, so I gave it a try. While undoubtedly not the equal of the OEM bracelet, the look is imo pretty damned good; and a couple of thousand (AU$) less. It will certainly suffice for now, perhaps for good... who knows.

Yes that’s the plastic (still) on the clasp that’s visible in the second photo...
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Re: Omega Aqua Terra bracelet alternative

Post by Viognier »

Hi Gary, if you had not posted that it wasn’t Titanium I would have NEVER been able to tell. Great match
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by Thunder1 »

You're right, it is a fine match for your Seamaster..it looks like great!!..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by StrapMeister »

That's no a bad fit at all :thumbup:
...and suits the watch very well indeed :clap: