C1 moonglow with chain strap

Straps, straps, straps, and bracelets!
dazzer

C1 moonglow with chain strap

Post by dazzer »

Just picked up my new C1 moonglow! When it comes to watches i am very new and the only watch i had before this was as old quartz watch , I had been looking for a new watch for sometime now and i already decided i wanted something different other just numbers and date , So when i seen this watch i new i wanted it .
So you must be thinking, where is the leather strap gone , Well i don't mind leather straps but my preference is a chain, and i had a chain from my old watch that i wanted to try on the moonglow, So i have put it on the watch and wanted to know what people think about it? should i keep it on? or try the CW mesh chain? personally i didn't think it would even go on the watch but it is sort of my lucky watch chain i had from my old watch when i was a kid,

jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: C1 moonglow with chain strap

Post by jkbarnes »

Personally, I like the look of that a lot more than a mesh strap. If the lug fit is good, and you like it, keep it on there!

It’s a beautiful watch. Enjoy!
Drew
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Hello and welcome to the forum! 8)

It’s a beautiful watch. Personally, I couldn’t wear it with that bracelet because, as I look at it, the fit between the end links and the lugs is nowhere near.

However, it is your watch to wear as you please. Enjoy, and wear it in good health. :thumbup:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

The fit is terrible - just makes it look cheap and nasty. It looks a good 2mm too narrow for the 20mm lugs - is it an 18mm bracelet? I think the overall look of the bracelet is quite nice but buy one that is the correct lug width with a better fitted end piece or go for the ‘Tudor Ranger’ look and use straight ends, which I think would look good. My preference would be polished mesh on that watch but, it’s your watch, wear it on what you like - just make sure it’s the correct size.
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by StrapMeister »

I agree that the fit leaves a lot to be desired, however, I do like the look :thumbup:
...and it's a lovely watch.

Personally, I would consider a couple of options from WatchGecko:
1. The Classic Warrington (https://www.watchgecko.com/classic-warr ... atch-strap) with the Curved End Pieces (https://www.watchgecko.com/curved-end-p ... by-geckota)
or
2. The Classic Kirkstead (https://www.watchgecko.com/geckota-kirk ... atch-strap) with Curved Ends (https://www.watchgecko.com/curved-ends- ... atch-strap)
Mabeco
Senior
Senior

Post by Mabeco »

dazzer wrote:Just picked up my new C1 moonglow! When it comes to watches i am very new and the only watch i had before this was as old quartz watch , I had been looking for a new watch for sometime now and i already decided i wanted something different other just numbers and date , So when i seen this watch i new i wanted it .
So you must be thinking, where is the leather strap gone , Well i don't mind leather straps but my preference is a chain, and i had a chain from my old watch that i wanted to try on the moonglow, So i have put it on the watch and wanted to know what people think about it? should i keep it on? or try the CW mesh chain? personally i didn't think it would even go on the watch but it is sort of my lucky watch chain i had from my old watch when i was a kid,

Hello, did you manage to find a working bracelet for the moonglow?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Christopher Ward C1 Moonglow, Junghans, Seiko, Vostok, Swatch, Reporter, Certina...
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

^^^^ I'm not sure you'll be getting an answer, Mabeco.

Not only have the OP's photos gone AWOL, it appears the OP has too; having last checked in on the forum well over six months ago. :( :(

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Mabeco
Senior
Senior

Post by Mabeco »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:^^^^ I'm not sure you'll be getting an answer, Mabeco.

Not only have the OP's photos gone AWOL, it appears the OP has too; having last checked in on the forum well over six months ago. :( :(

Guy
Thanks for the info!
Didn’t cross my mind to check... ^^

I’ve been thinking on the same thing with my moonglow. I wanted to see a better fitted bracelet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Christopher Ward C1 Moonglow, Junghans, Seiko, Vostok, Swatch, Reporter, Certina...