Perlon strap

Straps, straps, straps, and bracelets!
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Perlon strap

Post by kiter65 »

Could any of you fine chaps recommend where I can purchase a good quality perlon strap, thanks
Richard
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: Perlon strap

Post by jkbarnes »

I’ve ordered quite a number of straps from Crown & Buckle. While I have no experience with their perlon straps, their NATOs are top notch. One might assume the quality carries across their line?

I’ve also just ordered from WatchGecko and was quite impressed with the quality. Again, the same caveat applies - assuming the quality of one line carries over to others.
Drew
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Richard it depends what criteria you have in mind for good quality?

- buckle
- ability to adjust
- thickness or flexibility

The best Perlon straps are widely recognised as Eulit. WO or WG used to stock them, but I don’t think they do any more.

When I bought mine they were about £17. At the time basic Perlon from various places were about £10.

Eulit are thicker with a choice of weave and will support a heavier watch than the thinner/cheaper ones.

However whilst they have a better quality buckle, the buckle has springbars which to me don’t look as secure as on normal straps. Therefore I wouldn’t use one swimming. The overall length also isn’t adjustable, though not a problem with a normal 6.75-7” wrist.

Does thinner make it more comfortable? Not in my experience. Therefore the only ones I wear are Eulit, albeit not when swimming wearing a Submariner or anything else that is decent.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

A possible alternative, for you.

Have a look the new webbing strap from Elliot Brown.

Similar to a Perlon in concept, with a different and unique buckle (in three finishes).

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Leon O »

Holbensfinewatchbands carries Eulit for those of us on the left side of the pond.
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by kiter65 »

Thanks, like the look of the two piece Eulit
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrappedUp »

I have 3 Eulits and can recommend them. I've bought cheaper perlons and they've tended not to hold their shape as well and fray at the edges.
Can't speak for WO, C&B versions though.

You could try Trendart-24.de for Eulit. I've bought 2 of mine from there with no issues.
They also have an eBay store if you feel more comfortable going that route.

I have the Palma model which is the thicker weave and my preferred look. This uses a springbar at the buckle as Neil says.
They also make a 2-piece version of these.

I also have a Kristall and Panama which are tighter, thinner weaves and come with rigid buckles (no springbar).
If they're for a sports/dive watch, I'd give these 2 a miss as I find them a little too thin on a chunky watch.

(L-R: Panama, Kristall, Palma)

Ryan
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by kiter65 »

Ordered one from Trendart-24. :thumbup:
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by kiter65 »

This is a very comfortable strap :thumbup:

StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrappedUp »

New grey Eulit Kristall

Ryan
Surf609nj

Post by Surf609nj »

nbg wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:53 pm
However whilst they have a better quality buckle, the buckle has springbars which to me don’t look as secure as on normal straps. Therefore I wouldn’t use one swimming. The overall length also isn’t adjustable, though not a problem with a normal 6.75-7” wrist.

Does thinner make it more comfortable? Not in my experience. Therefore the only ones I wear are Eulit, albeit not when swimming wearing a Submariner or anything else that is decent.

Neil
Can anyone, that has used a Eulit Perlon strap extensively swimming, refute this? I am considering using this style band in the ocean but haven’t considered the possibility of the strap coming undone. Other options I am considering are 100% canvas and sailcloth. I’ve narrowed my choices down to these:
Eulit Perlon
Haveston Canvas
CW Canvas
Barton Canvas
Zulu Canvas and/or Sailcloth
My C60 GMT sale watch comes with the rubber hybrid. I will give that a try first but can’t imagine rubber being comfortable in the heat.