CW-watches: 19
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Re: Time to make arrangements

Post by ianblyth »

mikeodwyer wrote: Any idea how much I can wind it ?
Paranoid about overwinding but 8 turns only last about 6 hrs!
robinbarke wrote:Took 40 turns to fully wind, care no clutch so careful not to overwind!
I did just over 40 turns. After reading Robins advice I did a quick search and it seems that you can not overwind it unless you really try. Wind about 40 turns. It will start resisting when it is fully wound so that is the time to stop. :shock:
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
mikeodwyer
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 7

Post by mikeodwyer »

Thanks!
DSHall
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 22
LE-one: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Time to make arrangements

Post by DSHall »

ianblyth wrote:
mikeodwyer wrote: Any idea how much I can wind it ?
Paranoid about overwinding but 8 turns only last about 6 hrs!
robinbarke wrote:Took 40 turns to fully wind, care no clutch so careful not to overwind!
I did just over 40 turns. After reading Robins advice I did a quick search and it seems that you can not overwind it unless you really try. Wind about 40 turns. It will start resisting when it is fully wound so that is the time to stop. :shock:
between my autos and quartz I bet I forget to wind this up never mind overwind! :)
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

You only need to wind it if you are wearing it that day. Give it 40 turns in the morning and set the time. No day or date to worry about. Probably why you don't need a manual.

With crown in turn for 40 turns to wind.
With crown out set the time.
End of manual.
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
PaulW42
Junior
Junior

Post by PaulW42 »

Great - that's all I needed to know. I too was nervous about how much to wind it. :-)
paw3001
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by paw3001 »

Got it, opened it, wore it, it fell off, fixed it, took photos, loaded photos up. :shock:

The deployment fell to bits and it took me ages to find the collar to fix it all back together again. Could of been nasty as I have wood and tiled flooring downstairs.

However, I would like CW to deliver just 1 watch to me without it having some issue but I suppose they are consistent!!!! :?
Watches - Too many but not enough!
arthur08
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by arthur08 »

Mine arrived safe and sound!

Good points: very clear dial, lovely wide crystal with little reflection, beautiful movement which sounds great! (go on, try it! )

Bad points: strap- even on smallest hole it's far too big for my spindly wrist so I'll either have to change it or make another hole to get it to fit correctly. And the center metal spindle, very shiny and eye catching, thought this was going to be black to match the hands?

Overall...hmmmm
mabotham
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by mabotham »

I think if I post my initial reaction ill be barred from the forum! :?
Tired from a day shift tho so going to leave it a while before posting my opinion..... And I emphasise opinion.
lostguy
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by lostguy »

mabotham wrote:I think if I post my initial reaction ill be barred from the forum! :?
Tired from a day shift tho so going to leave it a while before posting my opinion..... And I emphasise opinion.
oooohh someone doesn't like theirs.
Is it the silver dot? Is it the hands? You can't please everyone!

(I think it looks great but I still prefer the C9 GMT. It looks more complete)
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Peteo »

lostguy wrote:
mabotham wrote:I think if I post my initial reaction ill be barred from the forum! :?

I'm on the other side of the Atlantic, so I'm still waiting on mine. Looks like it's still in the UK as I type.

My initial reaction to the photos makes me of two minds. I realize that a lot of what I'm about to say has to do with camera quality, lighting, photographer skill, etc, but I'm finding my opinion of this watch is varying significantly depending on which picture I'm looking at. In some of shots, I think that the watch looks really smart and clean and that there's some subtle depth to the dial that I really dig. But then in other shots, the dial just looks flat and feels a little lifeless. And in a lot of cases, this variability is coming within the same photo set from the same photographer and camera, so I'm a little confused.

I had the same variable opinion of a lot of the pictures of the different C70 models, and I ended up really really liking the Cunningham Stripe that I got, so I'm hopeful that those glimpses of subtle detail that I see will be apparent once I have the watch on my wrist.

One thing that I do know for sure is that I LOVE that decorated movement. Yum.
Peteo
4x Christopher Ward, 2x Sinn, 2x Omega, 1x A. Lange & Sohne, 1x H. Moser & Cie, 1x Tudor, 1x Towson Watch Company, 1x Baltimore Watch Company. Always looking for watches from Maryland. What's Next?
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Peteo »

lostguy wrote:

I'm worried that the silver dot has real potential to annoy me. The thing is, I can totally imagine a scenario where the dot wouldn't have annoyed me if no one had pointed out that it was a mistake when the proto photos were released. This means that someone either a) forgot that it needed to be changed or b) someone said, "f@ck it. It looks fine. No big deal." Both of these options don't reflect well on CWL if you ask me. I suppose a third option could be c) It really wasn't a mistake in the first place and the prototype was correct all along. Other than the dot being black, option c) would make me feel best, honestly.
Peteo
4x Christopher Ward, 2x Sinn, 2x Omega, 1x A. Lange & Sohne, 1x H. Moser & Cie, 1x Tudor, 1x Towson Watch Company, 1x Baltimore Watch Company. Always looking for watches from Maryland. What's Next?
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Loddonite »

<EDIT>
The entire post was about first impressions of the watch - I decided it didn't really belong in "Time to make arrangements" - so I put it all on a new thread here.
Dom
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Peteo wrote: I'm worried that the silver dot has real potential to annoy me. The thing is, I can totally imagine a scenario where the dot wouldn't have annoyed me if no one had pointed out that it was a mistake when the proto photos were released. This means that someone either a) forgot that it needed to be changed or b) someone said, "f@ck it. It looks fine. No big deal." Both of these options don't reflect well on CWL if you ask me. I suppose a third option could be c) It really wasn't a mistake in the first place and the prototype was correct all along. Other than the dot being black, option c) would make me feel best, honestly.
I addressed the hands issue after getting a response fom Chris shortly after the release of the proto photo.
Kip wrote:Here are the answers to some of the questions asked......

There is only 1 prototype....Chris rushed the photos so we could see this asap. He will try to get us some better photos next week. Our movement does have the Geneva stripes. Any differences are due to light refraction.

The center of the hands and the subsecond hands will be nickel finished not white or black and cannot be changed.

The 28-32 markers have gone because the internal bezel needs to be 0.05 mm deeper (because the case height is higher than normal then the gradient is longer down to the dial) plus... the center of the Unitas sub dial is also slightly lower than the original drawings.

Effectively, the differences in the drawings and the prototype are due to normal factors that have been adjusted due to requirements of specifications relative to the case, movement and parts availability.

Also for what it is worth, everyone who has seen the protoype thinks it is spectacular...The best Forum effort yet!
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Clarky....those are really some spectacular photos of the FLE. Very well done! :D
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Peteo »

Kip wrote:Here are the answers to some of the questions asked......

There is only 1 prototype....Chris rushed the photos so we could see this asap. He will try to get us some better photos next week. Our movement does have the Geneva stripes. Any differences are due to light refraction.

The center of the hands and the subsecond hands will be nickel finished not white or black and cannot be changed.
That's good to know. Thanks, Kip.
Peteo