LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Almost decision time

Post by Kip »

It appears as though CWL will be building either 73 or 75 FLEs. The reason for the difference at the moment is 2 are as yet unconfirmed.

Based on the responses in the "Special announcement" thread..it would seem that it is a pretty even split between option 1 and option 2 that I posted on page 7 here..

I now see it as 2 options......

1.The LEs get numbered from 01/75 (or 73) and all those that have selected numbers above that reselect from the available numbers remaining. This option affects 10-12 members.

2. We number the LE 01/100 and enter a footnote in the archives and nobody reselects. The unused numbers just get forgotton.

I must admit I would really prefer option 1 myself as this would show the actual number produced.

Having said that...I think this really comes down to whether or not the 10-12 affected members are unanimously willing to reselect numbers. If not then I think the only logical choice is option 2. Everyone gets their number.

I would really like to hear from the members affected. If you do not wish to voice your opinion publicly..please pm or email me. Your response/request will be held in confidence. I am not asking for a reselection of numbers at this time.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
downer
CW-watches: 4

Re: Almost decision time

Post by downer »

I sincerely hope we can go for option 1, as it will (in the long run) make far more sense to future collectors and to the credibility of LE's.

I realise some people will think that it is easy for me say this, as I have a low number reserved. However, if it helps, I am willing to trade my number with one of the 'affected' group, in order to get the best result for us all.
Richard
Trophy
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 5

Post by Trophy »

I agree with Downer. Option 1 for long-term sensibility and records.

Trophy
DSHall
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 22
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Almost decision time

Post by DSHall »

I'm one of the dozen. I've number 100 reserved so would prefer to keep that if possible. However if CWL prefer to number based on watches made I can live with it.
PaulW42
Junior
Junior

Post by PaulW42 »

Ummmmm.

I reserved number 75 so I am REALLY REALLY keen that 75 are produced and Option 1 is chosen. :D :D

If 73 are produced, I will sulk and throw a tantrum but still think that Option 1 is probably the correct one. 8)
androo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes

Post by androo »

My number is safeish pending cancelations (73) and think it should be up to the majority of those with numbers higher than 73.

If it is xx/7x can it be rounded up to 75 or 80 and hope the extras will be sold at some point? The last FLE had a few unclaimed that sold quickly after the were advertised on here. We are bound to get new members before the release or have those who are unsure until they see the real watch. Think 74 or 73 would seem odd.
Lamps
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Lamps »

Although im not getting one, (and if I was I would have wanted 76 like my 09FLE) I say go for 1-75 or 1-73, otherwise its just not correct.

ps, for the poeple who have requested numbers above 73/75, feel free to tell me to shut up!!!.
Fizzics
Senior
Senior

Post by Fizzics »

lamppo_the_GasFitter wrote:Although im not getting one,
Same here, but just one observation on using the xx/73 or xx/75 option (as this might also set a precedent for future models) What do you then do if as threatened some members who are currently registered to buy cancel their orders & the number of watches required starts to go down? At least the 100 number would be set in stone rather than keep coming back with reducing numbers. This is of course merely the opinion of a blowhard and as such has no bearing on proceedings & can be completely ignored as necessary.
cblackburn
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 9

Post by cblackburn »

I ordered #83 after having been unable to get #24 or #25 so I can live with option 1 if thats what CWL decide to do. After all whatever number the watch is when it arrives I know how big a smile it will give me!!!! :D
Own:
W6 Kingfisher Splash Green
C9 JH #011
C5 Malvern Quartz #0038
C9 2011 FLE #060
C6 Kingfisher Pro Yellow
C20 Lido
C60 2012 FLE Blue #024
C1 Russell
C80 Sector
nathanclarinet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nathanclarinet »

I have #86 on order. I would rather see the numbers as a true relection of the production run therefore Option 1. Is it possible to clarify what numbers are left just for info?
funky
CW-watches: 1

Post by funky »

I've got 77 reserved and would be disappointed not to get this particular number. Although option 1 makes more sense from a continuity point of view, I believe those of us who have made the commitment to buy the FLE should get their confirmed serial number. So I guess it's either omit some numbers or produce the whole 100 and let them be sold over the next few months.
scoot
Senior
Senior

Almost decision time

Post by scoot »

I think that x/73 or x/75 is the best option.....
C70 BE Ascari, C5 SST, C4 SKK, C6 SYSI, C7 RAF, C8 SKK
tays

Post by tays »

I've reserved #82 and, to be honest, I'm a bit torn here.

The logical side of me says xx/73 or xx/75 makes the most sense because it would be a true representation of the production number. However, the sentimental side of me wants to be able to keep my 82/100 because it has sentimental value to me and is the same as the 82/100 I have for the 2007 Kingfisher Forum LE. I might not have reserved the 2011 LE if #82 had not been available. I think I'd be less excited having a random xx/73. I guess it depends on what numbers 1-73 are still available.
stueyman
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by stueyman »

Option 1 for me.
I am puzzled somewhat by some parties stating they will withdraw if they don't get the number they want, or wouldn't
have ordered in the first instance if their number is not available.
For me you either like the watch, want it, and are willing to pay for it or not. Having a number of some personal
import is neither here nor there.
For what it's worth, I did not get my first choice of number, but was happy enough to take a second number.
-----
S.

C4SKS #96, C6LE #36, C9SSK #0239,
Seiko Black Monster,
Magrette Moana Pacific,
Big Orient Mako,
DOXA Sub 5000T

"I don't care if I fall as long as someone else picks up my gun and keeps on shooting."
Rooster
Senior
Senior

Post by Rooster »

I have number 76 on order and while I like the number I certainly won't die in a ditch over it. I am happy just to be able to have a chance to own a 2011FLE. Any idea when a final decision will be made??

D