LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Special FLE Announcement

Post by Kip »

I have good news and bad news.

The good news is that the price of the C9 FLE will be rolled back to 599 GBP (499.17 non EC)........

but only until midnight April 17.

The bad news is that no more reservations will be accepted after that time. Whatever quantity has been reserved will be the quantity built by CWL. This would now be the time to get that reservation in if you are still considering this fabulous FLE watch.

Please follow the reservation instructions here.

Remember that you do not have to pay for the watch now. You must merely reserve...you will pay for the watch in/or about October when they are ready for delivery.

This is the first time that an FLE has been introduced with an early reserve price. History has proven that the FLE would be reserved in high quantities early and that the balance would be sold over the following 6 months or so. The C9FLE has been reserved at the fastest rate so far. This FLE, as you may be aware, is also by far the most expensive of the 3 designs.

Christopher Ward has been extremely generous with his time, manpower and financial resources for this FLE to come together. In view of these facts, we have no desire to have a sizable amount of CWL capital tied up for several months to suit the forum. It is also been deemed unfair that future members should have to pay more for the same watch. Christopher Ward is building these watches for us on faith.....using his resources and capital. This is a significant investment for a small company.

It has therefore been decided, so as not to jeopardize any future FLEs, and to be fair to all members current and future, as well as CWL, that this is the best way to go.

This will most likely result in this watch being a bit more rare than prior FLEs, so for you collectors this will be a good thing. Obtaining one of these in the future just became more difficult.

We would normally expect another rush of orders once the actual photos of the FLE started appearing on the forum. This has been the case with the previous editions. This is because the actual watch has looked far better in reality than in the drawings. This time will be different....there will be no more to order. You must reserve now!

Effective immediately -599 GBP (499.17 non EC)........

but only until midnight April 17. Follow reservation instructions here.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Helix Von Smelix
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 108

Re: Special FLE Announcement

Post by Helix Von Smelix »

tempted :?
androo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes

Post by androo »

How is the numbering going applied For example someone orders lets say 73 and only 50 are made 73/50 will look odd on the back. Or will it be 73/100 and 50 just not excisting? (which would still make it a limited run of 50 and not 100 so would be wrong) Not that big an issue but a bit like the C70 issue. Is there any point of an individual number now?
highway62

Post by highway62 »

surely if the numbers are known by the 17th and then the watches are manufactured, the numbering on the cases can sorted out then. Just might mean that people will need to be flexible on the number they were looking for or were alloctated
Halt
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Halt »

Still tempted but it is out of my comfort zone for spending on a watch. Even though it is not likely that I will pull the trigger I was not very disappointed by the outcome (price) of the comity FLE2011. It is such a nice watch, especially compared to some of the ugly alternatives (my personal opinion) that we were presented before. I'd rather not buy it because it is too expensive than it not being attractive. This watch is something that will proudly show what this forum plus CW can do.

I hope that there will be enough takers for this relatively expensive CW watch. I hope that the FLE2011 is not going to be the end of the FLE's. The process started out with some difficulties and if the sales are also disappointing it may kill the will to continue this tradition and that would be a big shame.

So you rich folks, buy this superb watch and keep the tradition alive :D
Helix Von Smelix
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

hummm,, would have gone for an Auto, but not a manual.

But very, very nice watch :(
highway62

Post by highway62 »

never understand the preference for auto over manual , manuals are easier to set and they only take a few seconds to wind..
Helix Von Smelix
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

highway62 wrote:never understand the preference for auto over manual , manuals are easier to set and they only take a few seconds to wind..
i am most likely ham fisted, i always have trouble with them. It's a few quid, so i would rather not keep having to send it back to CWL because i have killed a beautiful watch.
highway62

Post by highway62 »

need to lay off the weight training dude!! :D
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Loddonite »

I totally understand the reasons behind this (don't like them - but understand them).

HOWEVER... THE NUMBERS THING...

I can see that several numbers are in "danger" here. For example, someone has reserved number 100 and 100/100 is a cool number to have. If the final production number is, let's say, 78...it'd be daft (but unique) to have 100/78, and not quite so cool to have 78/78.

There's bound to be disappointment regarding cherished numbers, and, let's face it, the numbers are all part of the LE "thing".
I think that if people reserved early they should not suffer from a renumbering.

How about...?

... When the final number of reservations is known...
... given that CWL know what order we reserved them in...
We ALL re-reserve our numbers, but in the same order we reserved them in the first place?
I realise that it'd be a logistical nightmare...
...but ...
We could each send in our favourite ten/twenty numbers in descending order. These would be taken in order of original reservation. If any person's ten favourites were already taken then they would be asked for more numbers (a 24h turnaround rule - answer or you lose your place in the queue - never answer and you get a random remaining number. I think we can all trust Wera to use Random.org)

If your number is a genuine cherished number, whether mother's birthday or girlfriend's bust size, let us know, with the reason (and picture), and we'll stay away from your number.
Dom
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by rcherryuk »

Loddonite,

That just won't work, to many, including me, the reward for being involved with the whole LE process is the reservation of my 'personal' serial number.

If I have to have a randomly assigned serial number then I'm out, full stop, do you know of any Forum (watches or anything else) that assigns serial numbers this way?
Rob
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson
Helix Von Smelix
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Loddonite wrote:I totally understand the reasons behind this (don't like them - but understand them).

HOWEVER... THE NUMBERS THING...

I can see that several numbers are in "danger" here. For example, someone has reserved number 100 and 100/100 is a cool number to have. If the final production number is, let's say, 78...it'd be daft (but unique) to have 100/78, and not quite so cool to have 78/78.

There's bound to be disappointment regarding cherished numbers, and, let's face it, the numbers are all part of the LE "thing".
I think that if people reserved early they should not suffer from a renumbering.

How about...?

... When the final number of reservations is known...
... given that CWL know what order we reserved them in...
We ALL re-reserve our numbers, but in the same order we reserved them in the first place?
I realise that it'd be a logistical nightmare...
...but ...
We could each send in our favourite ten/twenty numbers in descending order. These would be taken in order of original reservation. If any person's ten favourites were already taken then they would be asked for more numbers (a 24h turnaround rule - answer or you lose your place in the queue - never answer and you get a random remaining number. I think we can all trust Wera to use Random.org)

If your number is a genuine cherished number, whether mother's birthday or girlfriend's bust size, let us know, with the reason (and picture), and we'll stay away from your number.
Arn't we having a referendum on this very thing. I was leaning toward AV, but now i can see the merits of first past the post. :shock:
Mortis
Forum Menace
Forum Menace
CW-watches: 12

Post by Mortis »

That sounds very complicated, Dom. Surely the number of folk affected will be very few - and they might be happy enough with an alternative. Can't we wait to see first?!

As for the overall announcement... I think it is great that CWL have decided to take the hit and sell the watch at what I guess will be significantly below the margins they need / want to make. It is a great watch and I hope that as many people as possible buy it. About 65 or 70 reservations were made, so I wonder if CWL could just get another 20 or so then we might get the full 100? Either way, a "rounded" number like 95 or 80 or something would be preferable to 83 or the like, but I think we just have to trust CWL to do the best they can. They have been very good supporting this watch and particularly entrusting design to load of strangers, stumping up the capital themselves and using up resources preparing and designing it. It's what makes CWL such a great company. It is a shame that some would like the watch but can't afford it, but then I'd quite like a Lange 1 and can't have it!
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Loddonite »

rcherryuk wrote:Loddonite,

That just won't work, to many, including me, the reward for being involved with the whole LE process is the reservation of my 'personal' serial number.

If I have to have a randomly assigned serial number then I'm out, full stop, do you know of any Forum (watches or anything else) that assigns serial numbers this way?
Rob
Read my post again Rob - that's what I said - only random if you don't respond.
What I suggested is exactly what every forum does - we just have to do it again when we know what the production run is.
Dom
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Loddonite »

Helix Von Smelix wrote:Arn't we having a referendum on this very thing. I was leaning toward AV, but now i can see the merits of first past the post. :shock:
LOL, but there may be less posts now.
If there are 100 reservations it'll be moot anyway.
Dom