Not my cup of tea
34%

Total votes: 107

downer
CW-watches: 4

Re: For your consideration: C60GMT

Post by downer »

ianblyth wrote: Image
With not too much work this could be a contender. 8)
I agree.

However, I think step 1 is to agree how much people are prepared to spend on an LE. For example

a) up to £300
b) £300-400
c) £400-500
d) etc....

And allow a week or two for the vote.

This would start to define what the next choices could be - and rule in/out a GMT or a C90 etc...
Richard
Lamps
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2
LE-two: yes

Post by Lamps »

downer wrote:What this project needs is..... an agreed objective, scope and timeframe[/b], together with a process for making the decisions.

Sorry, been at work too long.... :)

However, I do think we are not going anywhere at the moment... :?

Totally agree, but you have been at work to long, I think what you meant to say was "its all over the shop, lets get a grip and crack on".

All joking aside, the FLE threads have been going round in circles for months now, with some members even confused about what watch is the current candidate for the FLE, (and I included myself in that group).

We're not going to see the FLE this side of spring, I say, lets all forget about it till the new year, and then start the process again with the view of linking up the new FLE with the new bracelet. We're had a lot of new members join half way through the voting process, so I think we all need a little to take stock of the new stuff and look forward to something special next year.

I dont know if I should buy a pepsi GMT or wait to see what happens on the FLE front, now the sperm dial watch has been thrown into the mix it show just how many angles we're all coming in from
Mortis
Forum Menace
Forum Menace
CW-watches: 12
LE-three: yes

Post by Mortis »

I have to say that all of the mockups I've seen so far, apart from downer's C9 "Russell" ( :) ), have been uglier, more horrible versions of the standard model. Some of those Tridents look like a photographic negative of a good colour - or, for those of us old enough to remember, a teletext version of a CWL watch. The same was true of the C9 suggested last year - I like the normal version more. I am happy to get voting on stuff and will likely buy if it's nice, but nothing so far has been good. Different for its own sake is not good enough, in my opinion, sorry.
andyg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by andyg »

downer wrote:
ianblyth wrote: Image
I agree.

However, I think step 1 is to agree how much people are prepared to spend on an LE. For example

a) up to £300
b) £300-400
c) £400-500
d) etc....

And allow a week or two for the vote.

This would start to define what the next choices could be - and rule in/out a GMT or a C90 etc...
Gentleman, you have both articulated and added a useful visual to my fairly infantile proddings.

I'm fairly junior on here, but do feel that an LE should be pretty unique.

I think establishing the price will gives us a better idea, then style, movement, etc.

The above pic is very interesting, who inspired it?
Andy

Each of us will face this question at least once in a year.

"Why do you have so many watches? You can only wear one at a time!"
Lamps
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Lamps »

Its a CWL design, its meant to be a section of the thames, it doesnt work for me.
Galton321
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 14
LE-one: yes

Post by Galton321 »

ianblyth wrote:
downer wrote:What this project needs is..... an agreed objective, scope and timeframe, together with a process for making the decisions.
Well said. Although I said something similar in July. :( :?
http://www.christopherwardforum.com/vie ... 150#p51947

And flicking through that thread I cam eacross this pic
I totally agree that this a good contender but I'd get rid of the "thames", although I actually like it but is has received some stick previously. I think this is the best idea so far for something original. Maybe this is the C90 type I was thinking of.
Monkey
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Monkey »

Yup, I'd say that was a good contender (minus the swimmer of course :wink:) and maybe a change of hands?!! :)
John
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by village »

andyg wrote: The above pic is very interesting, who inspired it?
Dunno about the watch 8) but it's my hand!

Monkey wrote:Yup, I'd say that was a good contender (minus the swimmer of course :wink:) and maybe a change of hands?!! :)
To be honest,this LE discussion has been running on for far too long. There have been several suggestions here and there and,to be honest things need to be tied up timescale etc wise.

Regards 'The Swimmer'....i agree it's got possibilities. Definitely slimmer hands and no swimmer on the front...how about putting it on the back?
Anyhow,rant over.
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
Tosh
Junior
Junior

Post by Tosh »

It's no C90 :wink: but I like it (minus swimmer). Liked it way back when I first saw it and prefer it to a diver any day
mikeodwyer
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 7

Post by mikeodwyer »

I like it too!
No swimmer please, but like others , like the overall style :shock:
Lamps
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Lamps »

Can see the lug size putting a few people off, but I do like the contrast between the chunky min/hour hands and the thin second hand. It does have a classic feel about, however the watch doesn't do enough for me to consider buying it, but if enough of the members like it I can see it making a good LE fo rthe forum.
Galton321
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 14
LE-one: yes

Post by Galton321 »

Where do we go from here? Before getting bogged down in colours we need to decide on a model. Following the threads there have been four main threads: A variant of a diver (Trident/Trident GMT), a C1 with Unitas movement, a C8 variant or something new C90 / "Swimmer" without the Thames. Examples have been floated of the Trident and C1 but not the C8 or new option. The colours of the Trident received a luke warm reception as did the C1 IMHO. No example of a C8 variant or a C90 etc options has been offered. Perhaps before arguing about colours should we have a new vote on the four options to decide a model? Trident variant, C8 variant, C1 variant or C90 etc? Maybe also a survey of what price-point people are willing to pay this will help to decide any complications offered. CWL may also have a few ideas as probably they would like a new model they can exploit or just a colour change of an existing model to minimise development costs.

To nail my colours to the mast my preference is for a C90 variant or one based on the "swimmer" which Chris could probably exploit as part of his range.

Just a thought to get things moving.
johnson430

Post by johnson430 »

I am completely befuddled.
From the vote count it would appear that the two watches to be voted on are the Trident and the C8 Pilot.
What happened to the C8 Pilot as an option?
I would hope that a watch that got a third of the vote would be a choice in the beginning stages.
Is it just me or are others confused about this omission as well?
Zombie13

Post by Zombie13 »

Big fan of the C60 GMT but these are shocking.

Really like the idea of a LE but please go back to the drawing board
John W

Post by John W »

Maybe the starting point would be a vote for the basics

A) Diver or Not
B) Bracelet type / material etc
C) Face Colour
D) Automatic or quartz
E) chrono or not
etc.

Then it can go on a stage to choose the hand styles, date, if a Diver is prefered the bezel colour etc

With a time limit on the voting (a week if wanted to push forward or a month for more thought)

Then some mock up pictures can be put together might only take 3 months to present them

Just a thought for the melting pot