Galton321
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 14
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes

Re: For your consideration: C60GMT

Post by Galton321 »

Monkey wrote:I'd be very happy with a regular Trident FLE to keep the cost down.....would like to see a red bezel black dial mock up :D
We've already had a regular diver as an LE IMHO we need something different. If it's just a regular diver, albeit a Trident, then in the words of Duncan I'm out. :(
Lamps
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Lamps »

It seems to me that we're really struggling for a FLE this year, with lots of people in lots of camps. I personally think the main problem is that all the auto's are already special enough and no real viable quartz to upgrade to an auto. I don't think we're going to get FLE of the ground any time soon, which will be a shame, last years FLE was great to be involved in and produced a fantastic watch. As its stands with whats on the table at the moment, I don't care for any of them, the standard GMT does it for me so if my moneys going anywhere, it will be there.
se7ensport
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by se7ensport »

The watch I really wanted was a C60 Trident Automatic C60-TRI-SKS with a GMT hand, the version that is produced looks too busy due to the two tone dial, and I'm not a fan of the two tone pepsi bezel either. I'd also I want a diver style (60min) bezel rather than the traditional dual time zone (24hour). Just my 2p worth.

Oh and hi, I'm new to the board.
C60-TRI-SKS
C8-SKK

Wanted:
C9
C15 SWT
S3 or S7 Carre with white face
andyg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by andyg »

lamppo_the_GasFitter wrote:It seems to me that we're really struggling for a FLE this year, with lots of people in lots of camps. I personally think the main problem is that all the auto's are already special enough and no real viable quartz to upgrade to an auto. I don't think we're going to get FLE of the ground any time soon, which will be a shame, last years FLE was great to be involved in and produced a fantastic watch. As its stands with whats on the table at the moment, I don't care for any of them, the standard GMT does it for me so if my moneys going anywhere, it will be there.
erm.............. C90? 8)

You experts pick the movement, but if the Valgrange is too pricey, how about a Unitas movement, GMT Complication reverse the dial colours and call it a forum LE? I'd love the power reserve to stay, but we can argue that later. :barb:

The C9 and the Trident seem doomed to indecision. :shock:
Andy

Each of us will face this question at least once in a year.

"Why do you have so many watches? You can only wear one at a time!"
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5
LE-three: yes

Post by Loddonite »

lamppo_the_GasFitter wrote:It seems to me that we're really struggling for a FLE this year, with lots of people in lots of camps. I personally think the main problem is that all the auto's are already special enough and no real viable quartz to upgrade to an auto. I don't think we're going to get FLE of the ground any time soon, which will be a shame, last years FLE was great to be involved in and produced a fantastic watch. As its stands with whats on the table at the moment, I don't care for any of them, the standard GMT does it for me so if my moneys going anywhere, it will be there.
I think you have put the proverbial finger on it lamppo - the most popular option only has 19 votes - and there's still a split on quartz/auto/GMT. 19 votes does not an LE make - but it may well provide a basis for growth into one - we'll have to see.

Compare and contrast with pmwf's LE (50 units) which is almost fully reserved based on a rendering of the caseback, a drawing of 25% of the dial, and a promise to be under $1000! (Albeit I recognise that there's a totally different forum population and dynamic)
Dom
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.
Monkey
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Monkey »

Galton321 wrote:
Monkey wrote:I'd be very happy with a regular Trident FLE to keep the cost down.....would like to see a red bezel black dial mock up :D
We've already had a regular diver as an LE IMHO we need something different. If it's just a regular diver, albeit a Trident, then in the words of Duncan I'm out. :(

That is true, but not everyone got one, and I like this better than the last one, hence my comment!! :)
John
Lamps
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Lamps »

andyg wrote:
erm.............. C90? 8)
Didn't the C9 chrono get binned because of price, can only see the C90 going the same way, its only 50 quid cheaper.

Didn't we get all excited about the women's diver without the MOP dial and different bezel colours a while back, I seem to remember I did. For whatever reason I can only ever really see a quartz to auto upgrade FLE working round here, maybe we have become very price sensitive and paying the extra seemed worth if it was for a auto upgrade, but for the sake of a dial/bezel upgrade feels a lot less rewarding somehow.

Come on guys, give us something to get the forum buzzing again like last year!
Galton321
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 14
LE-one: yes

Post by Galton321 »

[/quote]Come on guys, give us something to get the forum buzzing again like last year![/quote]

C90 with a 2836-2 movement, no complications to keep the cost down. Or if feeling more extravagent 2836 with GMT complicaion. :D Chris could use these as the basis for a new C90 range.
Tosh
Junior
Junior

Post by Tosh »

Ooh, nice. C90 with the GMT would be good. Reserve indicator would be a luxury but not necessary by any means if it'd keep the costs more in line

I would!
andyg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by andyg »

Galton321 wrote:
Come on guys, give us something to get the forum buzzing again like last year![/quote]

C90 with a 2836-2 movement, no complications to keep the cost down. Or if feeling more extravagent 2836 with GMT complicaion. :D Chris could use these as the basis for a new C90 range.[/quote]

it needs to be something special........ that's all i'm saying! :o

C90....... 8)
Andy

Tosh
Junior
Junior

Post by Tosh »

Isn't the C90 a very new addition to the range?
andyg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by andyg »

it is! 8)

I'm really for anything other than a Diver LE. These are done to death everywhere! :?

I'd love either a C40, C90 or C8! 8)

But, I'll probably buy one whatever it is! :o
Andy

ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

Tosh wrote:Isn't the C90 a very new addition to the range?
Yes. It was introduced with the last wave of release but not available until December.

All the C9s and the C90 have the same case dimensions - 43mm x 13mm thick. Regardless of whether they are chronos or not. The C90 has the same dimensions so it may be the same case.

So does that mean we should go back and consider these again? :?

But the C9/Unitas option with the C1 Russell style dial also uses the same case. I'm confused. :?
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

What this project needs is..... an agreed objective, scope and timeframe, together with a process for making the decisions.

Sorry, been at work too long.... :)

However, I do think we are not going anywhere at the moment... :?
Richard
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

downer wrote:What this project needs is..... an agreed objective, scope and timeframe, together with a process for making the decisions.
Well said. Although I said something similar in July. :( :?
http://www.christopherwardforum.com/vie ... 150#p51947

And flicking through that thread I cam eacross this pic
With not too much work this could be a contender. 8)
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin