What should be the basis for the new LE?

The third forum Limited Edition
Sold out

Tell us what you think should be the basis for the upcoming LE!

C3 Malvern Chrono
1%
C4 Peregrine
2%
C5 Malvern
4%
C5 Aviator MK I / II
2%
C7 Rapide Chrono
6%
C8 Pilot MK I / II
30%
C40 SpeedHawk
6%
C70 Grand Prix
2%
C600 Tri-Tech
2%
Trident (GMT) (upcoming)
44%

Total votes: 129

Mortis
Forum Menace
Forum Menace
CW-watches: 12
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes

Re: What should be the basis for the new LE?

Post by Mortis »

Yes, I had originally voted C7 auto and won't be changing my vote but if we eliminate it I am suddenly in the Trident camp - in the hope of getting the nice colours the original mock-ups promised! :)
alphajet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15
LE-foura: yes

Post by alphajet »

Maybe we could have a nice new forum bracelet for the Trident & GMT. :D
No more Quartz (except when I cannot resist).
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dancematt »

Btw, Whens the cut off date for voting?

I have two ideas about this project (You guys can take them on board or not), im basing this on the fact that the trident gmt looks like winning (a good thing as i want one but the current design is pretty but a little flawed):

Firstly, assuming the next stage of design is the dial and hands (obviously it wont be a massive departure from the current design apart from colour), it seems there are quite a few people who may want a white/ cream dial so would anyone fancy a full lume dial?

its not like there are many out there (fortis, seiko, citizen) and maybe the wave pattern could be stamped into the lume? giving it a 3d effect (and an applied CW logo please). the indices and hands would be blacked out to allow for better night viewing but i saw this helson and thought the blue would be a cool look;

Helson shark diver @ Oceanic time

Secondly,
If the movement used is a base grade and not the elabore grade could the money saved go towards creating/buying a new clasp to fit the standard Gmt bracelet? Just thoughts anyways........

Still, hope you guys create a jolly good watch (im not fussed if its a handwind C8, that would be fab too) and id just like to add this forum has been thoroughly entertaining of late ("snog a bremont" just about beats the dodgy Trident gmt marketing, "eat your heart out rolex" for line of the month lol)so cheers to all you guys for making my days at work more interesting!
I miss all the great things that may never be.
RustyinRochester
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by RustyinRochester »

Seems as if there is overwhelming support for a Trident...
"In comic strips, the person on the left always speaks first."
-George Carlin
johnson430

Post by johnson430 »

The C8 Pilot MK I / II is only 16 votes behind. I would like to see what would happen with an Aviator L.E.
rygel16th
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 3

Post by rygel16th »

johnson430 wrote:The C8 Pilot MK I / II is only 16 votes behind. I would like to see what would happen with an Aviator L.E.
For me that's the logical choice. There's already been a Forum LE Diver so the third LE needs to showcase something else in the range. We've had a diver and a dress watch so it's now either an aviator or a chronograph.
Galton321
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 14
LE-one: yes

Post by Galton321 »

rygel16th wrote:
johnson430 wrote:The C8 Pilot MK I / II is only 16 votes behind. I would like to see what would happen with an Aviator L.E.
For me that's the logical choice. There's already been a Forum LE Diver so the third LE needs to showcase something else in the range. We've had a diver and a dress watch so it's now either an aviator or a chronograph.
That's from the choices we've been given. I vote for a C90 GMT!
rygel16th
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 3

Post by rygel16th »

Galton321 wrote:
rygel16th wrote:
That's from the choices we've been given. I vote for a C90 GMT!
I'd go for that as well. I really like the look of the C90 (including the hands) and it would be nice to have an LE variation on it. I've also been toying with buying an aviator of some description, maybe not even a CW, so I'd be interested to see what an LE aviator would look like. I have a C5 Mk1 Aviator but I think the C8 has the more classic pilot look.
andyfry
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by andyfry »

Not forgetting there have been a number of LE aviators before such as the "Black Hawk" C8 IPT and the C5 Mark 1 Aviators (albeit if you can call 1937 a true limited edition).
Proud owner of a C8 - IPK "Black Hawk" (#90), a C5 - AKK (#747) - with black date wheel, a C40 - SKS (#281) and now a 2009 LE C20 (#62)
johnson430

Post by johnson430 »

andyfry wrote:
Not forgetting there have been a number of LE aviators before such as the "Black Hawk" C8 IPT and the C5 Mark 1 Aviators (albeit if you can call 1937 a true limited edition).
Perhaps I should have clarified.
A forum Aviator L.E.
Something like the original German pilot watch sans date with CWL Forum LE markings.
A true homage to the original.
Elegance in simplicity.
Just my thoughts.
Now go and change your vote to the C8 Pilot Aviator LE;go on, you know you want to.
: )
mjh93sa
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 19

Post by mjh93sa »

johnson430 wrote:Perhaps I should have clarified.
A forum Aviator L.E.
Something like the original German pilot watch sans date with CWL Forum LE markings.
Elegance in simplicity.
Just my thoughts.
Now go and change your vote to the C8 Pilot Aviator LE;go on, you know you want to.
As a handwound. :D

Can't change my vote as it's already set for that.
Member of the C80 owners club
andyfry
Senior
Senior

Post by andyfry »

johnson430 wrote:
andyfry wrote:
Perhaps I should have clarified.
A forum Aviator L.E.
Elegance in simplicity.
Just my thoughts.
See where your're coming from and where you'd like to take the LE.

But I stand by the Trident GMT choice as this is the next watch on my wish list and a Forum LE version I am sure would be special.
Proud owner of a C8 - IPK "Black Hawk" (#90), a C5 - AKK (#747) - with black date wheel, a C40 - SKS (#281) and now a 2009 LE C20 (#62)
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

Has anyone changed their vote from what they originally set?
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
johnson430

Post by johnson430 »

andyfry wrote:

See where your're coming from and where you'd like to take the LE.

But I stand by the Trident GMT choice as this is the next watch on my wish list and a Forum LE version I am sure would be special.
Andyfry,
I too have the Trident on my list but I was leaning towards the C60 Trident Auto.
Perhaps my wallet size has something to do with my vote.
Please label me frugal and not cheap. ; )
andyfry
Senior
Senior

Post by andyfry »

johnson430 wrote: Andyfry,
I too have the Trident on my list but I was leaning towards the C60 Trident Auto.
Perhaps my wallet size has something to do with my vote.
Please label me frugal and not cheap. ; )
johnson430 duly noted - frugal ;-)