Sold out
Hans
Administrator Emeritus - Founder
CW-watches: 7
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes

The Forum LE 2010!

Post by Hans »

It took some time, but I can finally present to you the LE 2010. We are very proud of this years LE, it has become quite an exclusive limited edition!

Let's start with some details:

- Movement: mechanical automatic: Valjoux 7750
- Chronograph-function
- case-size 43mm (38mm without lugs)
- see-through case-back
- Limited to 100 pieces: first 50 delivered around Christmas, next 50 1st quarter 2011

Please bear in mind that this is not yet the final design, but it is an advanced prototype (click on the images for a larger view):
cwfle_2010_lineup.jpg
CW Forum LE 2010 Line-up
cwfle_2010_back.jpg
The beautiful Valjoux 7750

There is one important choose we have yet to make: do we use a white-dial or a silver dial. I will start a poll in a few moments so forum-members can help us with the decision:
cwfle_2010_silver.jpg
Silver dial
cwfle_2010_white.jpg
White dial

Although we like the 2010 LE very much, I am confident that there will also be forum-members who hate it, or 'love it, if only [insert your favorite alternative option]....'
When adding your comments, please keep this in mind, it is a true Limited Edition, we cannot please everybody. Also realize this years LE will be a bit more expensive because of the Valjoux 7750 we chose, the price of the 2010 LE will probably be around £699. But if you check other brands that use the Valjoux 7750 you will quickly come to realize that this is a really good price!

In the next few days/weeks we will continue to work on the LE 2010 project in order to make the first deliveries before Christmas possible. When ready, the final design will get posted on this part of the forum, along with detailed 'how-to-order'-instructions.

Finally I would like to thank Christopher Ward for his support on this LE project. We invested some time in this project but you could easily multiply by 10 to get an impression how much time/resources this costs for CWL!
ctafield

Re: The Forum LE 2010!

Post by ctafield »

Looks ... ok... but I am not sure if the price might be a tad prohibitive?

I said I wasn't going to get one last year, but I did... I'm going to say the same again this year, but I really think that might be the case this time. £700 puts it amongst a lot of other competition...
rednotdead
CW-watches: 0

Post by rednotdead »

Lovely looking thing, especially with the silver dial, but £700! That puts it in the same arena as a lot of other good watches. Yes you have the exclusivity but I'm not sure I'd stretch to £700 for a watch that has limited interest outside of the CW fanbase. Having said that, it must still be a relatively cheap way to get your hands on a 7750.......
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by village »

It looks like you've all put a lot of work into this,along with CW,so thanks in advance for that (and for the work to come).
Now,is it too soon to ask,or can you say now which bits of the design are going to be up for discussion? 8)
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by village »

rednotdead wrote:. Yes you have the exclusivity but I'm not sure I'd stretch to £700 for a watch that has limited interest outside of the CW fanbase...

Ah...but would you be buying it for your gratification or others? :)
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
Richard
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Richard »

First off: it's not really my cup of tea. I'm more into divers or chunkier watches.
That said, I really like the SSS!

However, why make a 2010 Forum LE when the regular C9 is already limited to 100 pieces?
It's not that different to me.
CW count: 6 Seiko count: 11 Casio count: 1 Citizen count: 1 G-Shock count: 2.
Unofficial Seiko ambassador.
highway61

Post by highway61 »

couple of questions
1. What is the lug width?
2. What grade of 7750 is being used?
Can't say this one is an automatic must get, you can pick up a Hamilton Jazzmaster from PrecisionTime for quite a lot less.. :?
Oh, and I would go for the white face 8)
Galton321
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Galton321 »

I like it very much but it is just a variation on the regular C9 Chrono that will be offered, but the blue makes it distinctive. However, as has been pointed out the "standard" C9 chrono is also an LE . However since I was considering a C9 chrono I might hold out for the Forum LE as long as it can be guaranteed that no more will be produced. Also it must be white for me. I thought that the "exclusivity" of the Forum LE 08/09 were a bit compromised by the auto C60 and C20. I know that both the FEs have exclusive colours/finish but nevertheless..... Although I concede that the finish on the Forum LE is definitely a thing apart. But I also realise that basing the LE on an existing model reduces the costs compared to what it would be if the LE was a new build.
Ailurophile
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 5

Post by Ailurophile »

It is a pretty nice watch, but the price definitely puts it out of my range, even if it is a good deal for a Valjoux.

That said, it really bugs me that the subdials cut off part of the "12" and "6" I don't know if that's an artifact of the mock-up or how it's intended to be, but I would either push the numbers outward a bit more, or shrink the font slightly.

Just my opinion, of course.
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

It looks like the only forum modification is dial colur. From what I have previously read I thought that the forum had a lot more say.

Not sure whether I prefer silver or white. I would to see more pictures or preferably samples. I think it is nice that CWL are doing a blue strap. The hands seem a bit thin.

The price for a Valjoux seems a bit high considering that the C40 sells for £550. That is a £149 premium. But it is good that there are more Valjoux's in the CWL range.

It does not look like there is the small 2nd hand and usually the big hand is used for timing on a 7750. That would be a shame as the sweep of the hand is the good thing on an automatic. Perhaps a bit more detail there.

I quite like the look but I would also like to see the finished C9s to compare.
Galton321 wrote:the "standard" C9 chrono is also an LE
There are 2 of the C9s that will be limited to 100 pieces according to Kip - the power reserve and the chrono. The other 2 models (GMT and regular) are not limited.

Here is the LE v a mock of the C9 Chrono which will also be limited to 100. Tough choice,

I was not that convinced when I first saw the 2009 Forum LE but a number of pictures and reports turned me around to the extent that I would now say that it is my favourite CWL. So maybe this one will do the same.

Or I could stick to my £54 Parnis with the blue strap from TSS. 8) :lol:

It seems that is is standard design with the 2 vertical circles to cut the numbers in half.
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
Galton321
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by Galton321 »

Make sure you get your order in early for the 2010 FE. If you wait for the second release UK buyers will pay more in VAT. :shock:
vega
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 5

Post by vega »

700 ??!!!!)))

The price puts it in the range of Tissot, Hamilton, Oris, Stowa and other great watches on the second hand market.

2010 Forum LE will be a limited of a C9 that is limited to 100 pieces ☺
Galton321
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by Galton321 »

Another thought. Get rid of the inscription Chronograph, Automatic,Llimited Edition as the lettering dominates the dial too much. IMHO After all its obviously a chronograph and obviously an auto to those who are interested. Keep limited edition in small letters if we must.
Andyft21
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 10

Post by Andyft21 »

Very nice watch and I have been banging on about the forum 2010LE, but for me I am afraid I am out as the price has killed it for me. I think others who will buy this will have a very good watch and will be well pleased with it.

Thanks to all who have worked on this project, i am sure it will be a great success.
Andy
downer

Post by downer »

Saw the first posts on this at lunchtime and have been thinking about it during the afternoon.

Having considered it, I'm also not going for this one. I'm sure it will be good value, but at £700, it will be more than I want to pay for this type of watch.

Good luck for all those involved.
Richard