With the Christopher Ward C8 Power Reserve Chronometer, less can be subjectively more..

Documentation and CW-related information
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Re: With the Christopher Ward C8 Power Reserve Chronometer, less can be subjectively more..

Post by Thegreyman »

Great pick up there Chuck. The C8 PR certainly does offer a lot for the money and compares very favourably to the more expensive Oris. A bit too large for me but suits you sir!
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: With the Christopher Ward C8 Power Reserve Chronometer, less can be subjectively more..

Post by Robotaz »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:I’ve never been a fan of Oris, but I do like the CW. However, I know it would be too big.
I’m curious why. Proprietary lugs? Overall design? Price?
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by Thunder1 »

Thegreyman wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:39 pm Great pick up there Chuck. The C8 PR certainly does offer a lot for the money and compares very favourably to the more expensive Oris. A bit too large for me but suits you sir!
Thanx Patrick!! :thumbup:
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Robotaz wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:16 pm
Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:I’ve never been a fan of Oris, but I do like the CW. However, I know it would be too big.
I’m curious why. Proprietary lugs? Overall design? Price?
Oris?

It’s nothing I can put my finger on particularly, I accept that they are popular and well-made, attractive watches. It’s just that I’ve never seen one that blows me away. I feel similarly about Tudor. And Seiko. Probably somewhat heretical, as they are some of the more popular brands among forum members, as we have recently discovered.

Having said that, I have come across some VERY STRANGE people who feel similarly about Cartier and Meistersinger. 8)
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Bident »

Real beauty you picked up Chuck. Congrats!
Best regards,
John
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Thunder1 »

Bident wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:26 pm Real beauty you picked up Chuck. Congrats!
Thanx John!!.. :thumbup:
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:29 pm
Having said that, I have come across some VERY STRANGE people who feel similarly about Cartier and Meistersinger. 8)
And what’s so strange about a fondness for both Oris and Meistersinger? :headbash:
Tim
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by watchaholic »

I guess my absence from the watch community in general over the last 9 months or so can be blamed for my ignorance to the fact that the C8 was no longer being made. Maybe a stretch, but kind of like JLC dropping the Reverso, God forbid. I understand that its sale numbers, when compared to CW's vast array of more affordable dive watches, most likely led to its demise. But, for me personally, with it's in house movement and unique look/personality, the C8 is a keeper that will always have a spot in my box. I have been thinking for a long time about adding the steel model so as to have the pair. Knowing it is no longer available, and human nature being what it is, I want one even more now.
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Thunder1 »

watchaholic wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:37 am I guess my absence from the watch community in general over the last 9 months or so can be blamed for my ignorance to the fact that the C8 was no longer being made. Maybe a stretch, but kind of like JLC dropping the Reverso, God forbid. I understand that its sale numbers, when compared to CW's vast array of more affordable dive watches, most likely led to its demise. But, for me personally, with it's in house movement and unique look/personality, the C8 is a keeper that will always have a spot in my box. I have been thinking for a long time about adding the steel model so as to have the pair. Knowing it is no longer available, and human nature being what it is, I want one even more now.
Dwight, I agree...it just seems that the C8 is one of the most interesting(involving ?) efforts Chris Ward has developed that I'm aware of...and they weren't asking an arm and a leg for it, either!!..seems like we got very lucky.. 8)
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

For me the C8 is rather special as I spent an afternoon chatting with Adrian Buchmann who designed the watch. It was a fascinating insight into not only the watch but also the man himself. He also very kindly signed the accompanying paperwork for me.

79C028AF-3170-410B-B34F-3D8A27F26E2B.jpeg
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Thunder1 »

Richard D wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:57 am For me the C8 is rather special as I spent an afternoon chatting with Adrian Buchmann who designed the watch. It was a fascinating insight into not only the watch but also the man himself. He also very kindly signed the accompanying paperwork for me.

79C028AF-3170-410B-B34F-3D8A27F26E2B.jpeg
Wow!!..now that's what I call 'provenance'..I can't come close to matching that!!.. :thumbup: