The C60 saphire black. Lovely watch, but something's missing

Documentation and CW-related information
quark
Senior
Senior

The C60 saphire black. Lovely watch, but something's missing

Post by quark »

I bought the very first CW watch that was produced and according to the number on the watch I was customer no 365. Since then I have bought another 5 watches from CW, The latest being the the C60 Saphire black. In my opinion it is a beautiful watch and came in a lovely pack. I can't stop looking at it on my wrist. However, what a shame that the serial number plus the model and the date have been left off the handbook. The so called certificate. And the watch number at the rear of the watch has been left off too. These may be small details and may sound irrelevent to some forum members, but to me these small details made me feel that the watch was special to me and I think it's a pity Mike France presumably, decided as a matter of policy, to leave these details off. This is one thing Christopher Ward understood. Every customer was special. Every watch was special to the individual. You may argue that the quality of the watch is what is important; but so is psychology and peception. I hope Mike France gets to read this, because I think he's made an error of judgement. The quality of the watch is superb, but it's small details in the marketing, the psychology that is important too. Does he understand this? I fear not.
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Re: The C60 saphire black. Lovely watch, but something's missing

Post by StrappedUp »

Did your handbook not come with the dated plastic card with model & serial number on?

It should be stuck in the back somewhere.
Ryan
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

I don't think that's true. If you look on the back side of the 60/60 guarantee "credit card" you'll find the watch details logged I do believe.

At least, that's the case with the C1 I bought in January.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

quark wrote:I bought the very first CW watch that was produced and according to the number on the watch I was customer no 365. Since then I have bought another 5 watches from CW, The latest being the the C60 Saphire black. In my opinion it is a beautiful watch and came in a lovely pack. I can't stop looking at it on my wrist. However, what a shame that the serial number plus the model and the date have been left off the handbook. The so called certificate. And the watch number at the rear of the watch has been left off too. These may be small details and may sound irrelevent to some forum members, but to me these small details made me feel that the watch was special to me and I think it's a pity Mike France presumably, decided as a matter of policy, to leave these details off. This is one thing Christopher Ward understood. Every customer was special. Every watch was special to the individual. You may argue that the quality of the watch is what is important; but so is psychology and peception. I hope Mike France gets to read this, because I think he's made an error of judgement. The quality of the watch is superb, but it's small details in the marketing, the psychology that is important too. Does he understand this? I fear not.
Some sweeping suppositions about what Mike France has done, none of which do I believe to be valid.

As suggested by @StrappedUp and @H0rati0 as well as the Owners Handbook, you should have a similarly sized Welcome to CW Card, sometimes signed by Mike France, with the 60/60 'Credit Card' affixed inside, on the reverse of which are the watch and purchase date details for your Warranty.

Do let us know when you find is.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
quark
Senior
Senior

Post by quark »

I have taken off the plastic card and looked at the back of it. I have seen the detalals. I apologise to Mike France and this forum. It didn't occur to me and it's all down to me. Thanks for your comments.
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

^^^ All is well that ends well! :thumbup:

Fair play for apologising so quickly, having initially stated a view that was incorrect. A refreshing change, as often people just did themselves in deeper. :)

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

quark wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:48 pm I have taken off the plastic card and looked at the back of it. I have seen the detalals. I apologise to Mike France and this forum. It didn't occur to me and it's all down to me. Thanks for your comments.
No worries! Would you mind posting some pics of your black sapphire? We haven’t really seen any around the forum.
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

Good to hear all is in order. Not a big deal, but perhaps CW could stick the cards in with details facing outward.
Ryan