Too soon to tell?

Documentation and CW-related information
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Re: Too soon to tell?

Post by Thegreyman »

The 40mm looks the perfect size for you.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by stefs »

2mm shouldn't make that much difference but it really really does! Much better :thumbup:
Cheers now, Paul
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

Great outcome !
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by exHowfener »

Well, you're sorted out now so that's that. My broad view is that if you are asking the question, you already know the answer.

I did suggest at the Manchester GTG that having a life size picture, of the watches, or an outline would be helpful and possibly save a lot of this ordering and sending back though I guess for some people that's part of the fun. That's an interesting point though (above) about how worn a watch can be and still returned under the 6060 warranty.

It is difficult to get the size right when buying online. I spent a LONG time measuring watches and my wrist before ordering my C60. I bought the 38mm and am happy with it. Quite how I would have gone on with the choices of 38/40/42 mm - I'd probably still be dithering. Of course it's all a matter of personal preference. I see some people wearing watches that I think are ridiculously large, but it's their choice and they aren't doing any harm to anyone. On the other hand (so to speak) if you still have some old watches kicking around from years ago it can be a bit of an eye opener as to how small they are by current standards.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
johncolescarr
Expert
Expert

Post by johncolescarr »

40mm looks perfectly sized for your wrist. I find CWs tend to wear slightly larger than their dimensions say. for example I have a 48mm Seiko solar tuna, its totally perfect for my wrist, but I can only wear a 38mm C600, although I havent tried the 40mm yet as I just cant get on with the Mk3 re-design (i know i know).

I must say though that the mk3 GMT is much much better looking than the mk2 as the design is much more coherent, but for me its the 38mm mk2 as I love the baroque hands
Dress C63 36mm
Dive C C63 36mm
Fly C63 36mm
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

My biggest watch is an Oris Chrono at 44mm, which is on the edge of a fraction too big for me. A bigger issue is that the bracelet doesn't have a quick adjust - I have to take a tool to the micro adjust - and it moves round my wrist at times. My son bought a montblanc timewalker chrono at 43mm. I don't want the same watch, but it's fabulous, both look and size. I have a vintage omega handwind, which is only 34mm, but it's a pleasure to wear (especially on an 18mm C Ward cordovan strap), and I am used to the size. In truth a lot of 40mm divers are only about 34mm if you take away the bezel, so they are actually quite small watches, IMO. For me personally 42mm or 43mm is a better size for a diver.
Fat-Sam
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by Fat-Sam »

I think the lug to lug is a better indicator of size- I’ve had a Panerai and Corum bubble that wore ok yet my speedy pro feels slightly big on the bracelet and fine on the leather or nato. An skx is the same size in diameter but wears great and my new Dartmouth wears great. The key is the lug to lug being around 48mm for me (7in wrist). 49mm is ok but >50mm is getting to big.

It’s the same with clothes now I measure the pit to pit as one brands L is an Italian brand’s XXL!

Watch brands seem to focus so much on case diameter that the majority go along with it but a Sevenfriday and Seiko Tina are 47mm or something yet wears fine because they pretty much have no lugs
“Downsizing…”
JLC Reverso Duoface med.*gift
Omega Seamaster Deville 1961
DIY Watch Club Diver
DIY Explorer
Raymond Weil Toccata
SevenFriday P1/01
Longines x HODINKEE *FS
Laco Aachen 42 *FS
Tribus MDS *FS