C60 Elite 1000 - Initial Impressions

Documentation and CW-related information
shocolite
CW-watches: 5

C60 Elite 1000 - Initial Impressions

Post by shocolite »

Finally, I have received my C60 Elite 1000!

In the past couple of years I have purhcased a couple of CW watches and was very interested when the C60 Elite 1000 was announced.

Nearly two weeks ago I ordered the C60-42ADD3-T0KK0-B0 with titanium bracelet and also the black/red hybrid strap.

Fair credit to CW when the watch arrived next day (to Ireland). However I was mistakenly sent the Blue/Orange version of the watch. I left the watch in its plactic wrappings, whilst the colour was nice there was a couple of minor things that let me know it was not the clour for me. CW (Kaite) was very helpful and arranged for the watch to be collected from my home. Anyway, the correct Black/Red version of the watch arrived yesterday.

I do prefer the black/red version - especially the matt bezel. My first impressions whilst unpacking the watch were good. The watch was fitted with the titanium bracelet, the QR system is really a huge improvement over the previous breaclet design. Very straightforward to remove & replace the bracelet with the hybrid strap.

I had to remove 2 links from the bracelet for a good fit. There is a noticable weght difference between the titanium and steel bracelets - I have a 22mm bracelet from another CW watch - and otherwsie apart from a slight colour differnce both straps otherwise are similiar to each other.

The watch is comfortable to wear on my 7.5 inch wrist, both with the bracelet and hybrid strap. I find the 42mm size to be right for me (38mm watches are a tad too small for my liking).

Several things drew me to the C60 Elite 1000: I don't particularly like heavy watches, hence titatnium is my choice for larger watches. I really like day/date watches for daily wear and the face has good contrast for my not-so-young eyes.

I have one niggle with the watch and hybrid strap combo - the red colours used on the watch are a rich red but the red used on the hybrid strap is a slightly brighter shade. Not a deal breaker, but noticable to me.

And whilst not a niggle but I have seen others mention it - I will never need to worry about 1000m water depths! Saying that, the helium valve is very discrete and does not detract from the look of the watch.

The chronometer-certified movement is a nice feature, but to be honest if the watch had been available in a non-COSC version I would equally be as happy! It adds a premium to the price of the watch but one I don't mind as to me it just adds to the overall package of the watch.

Overall I am very happy with my purchase and will enjoy wearing this watch.
Attachments
IMG_2565 - Copy.JPG
IMG_2530 - Copy.JPG
IMG_2529 - Copy.JPG
C60 Elite 1000
C65 Trident Automatic
C60 BLUE LE
C60 Trident 300
C3 Malvern Chronograph mk.III
Citizen Eco-Drive Promaster Sailhawk
Casio G-Shock GST-W130BC-1AER & GA-800
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Re: C60 Elite 1000 - Initial Impressions

Post by Viognier »

^^^ Fantastic photos and quick initial review of your C60 Elite 1000 ! Please keep us posted on the case durability of the Grade 2 Titanium .....curious it its a scuff and mark magnet or quite resistant to same?
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
shocolite

Post by shocolite »

Hi, I have only been wearing the watch for a day. So far fingerprints and streak marks are the worst I have had to deal with! Not sure how many times I had to wipe it to remove smudges from the sapphire crystal whilst taking the pictures..... Overall the watch is overtly in a matt finish, I reckon it will wear well. I've previously worn other titanium watches and the bracelets always show signs of scuffs and scrapes.

Definitely the QR straps are a game changer for swapping straps. To me, straps are what catch the brunt of knocks and bangs. To be able to change a strap within a minute or so without tools is a huge bonus.
C60 Elite 1000
C65 Trident Automatic
C60 BLUE LE
C60 Trident 300
C3 Malvern Chronograph mk.III
Citizen Eco-Drive Promaster Sailhawk
Casio G-Shock GST-W130BC-1AER & GA-800
Markornot
Guru
Guru

Post by Markornot »

shocolite wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:56 pm I will never need to worry about 1000m water depths!
Don’t go into 10m of water until that crown gets screwed down. :shock: :lol:
Beautiful Elite! :thumbup:
Mark
CW - C8 Flyer, C6 JHMk3, C7 Corsa Rosso LE, C3 Chronograph, C8 Reg | TAG Heuer F1 | Orient - Black Raven II, Bambino, Star Seeker GMT, Galant, Monarch | Seagull - Grn Military, Moon Phase | Tissot - Visodate | Steinhart - NavA Pilot MW, NavB Vintage
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Thanks so much for your review and excellent photos.

I am happy you like the watch. It is a stunner!
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Clach77
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Clach77 »

Great photos. I really am tempted by one of these.

What the photos confirm is that the red triangle is flush with the bezel. It would be odd if it wasn’t, as the triangles are flush on the other Elite and Apex models. However, to me the render on the CWL site makes the red triangle look recessed. I’d like it if it was recessed, but I don’t mind either way.
Trying not to buy any more watches...
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Congratulations and nice review too with excellent photos.
I saw these really at the showroom and they are very impressive.
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Thanks for the pics and review. I really really like this. I would like a blue version but from the pics of the black look like the preferred version.
Craig64
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by Craig64 »

Your new watch looks absolutely awesome!
The way that a splash of red has been applied to the dial, second hand and bezel, is the icing on the cake for me. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Regards
Craig
Budman2k
Junior
Junior

Post by Budman2k »

Looks great! And nice pictures as well. I see what you mean about the red on the strap vs the watch. Not a big deal but I would have noticed it too. Maybe after a little wear the strap color will tone down a bit. And if not it's still a looker!

Enjoy,
Budman
Palisander
Junior
Junior

Post by Palisander »

I have a problem with that strap. Maybe in rl looks better but on those pictures a bit cheap?

I have this one - similar vibe and the quality is excelent, wear it with MK2 Titanium

https://www.hirschstraps.com/collection ... 9120940504
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Palisander wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:36 pm I have a problem with that strap. Maybe in rl looks better but on those pictures a bit cheap?

I have this one - similar vibe and the quality is excelent, wear it with MK2 Titanium

https://www.hirschstraps.com/collection ... 9120940504
I have that strap and think it actually feels good quality and doesn’t detract at all from the watch. V2 hybrid is better than V1 hybrid in terms of comfort
Jamhill9

Post by Jamhill9 »

I noticed they haven't been selling to well in the summer sale from what it appears..
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rkovars »

Jamhill9 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:16 pm I noticed they haven't been selling to well in the summer sale from what it appears..
The Summer Special watches are not the sale watches that were up a couple of weeks ago. These are just special pricing on regular production watches. While if they had a flurry of orders they may sell out for a while, I think that would be quite a few watches. Anyway, the Summer Specials are a different animal from the sale.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
AndrewPratt

Post by AndrewPratt »

How has the titanium finish held up? Both Ti watches I currently own show "scuffs" on the finish where the sheen is shinier. I adore all things Ti but the durability has me wondering if I'll buy anymore Ti watches or not.