C65 Trident Vintage MKII - Review

Documentation and CW-related information
michelj13

Re: C65 Trident Vintage MKII - Review

Post by michelj13 »

"My Mk 1 C65 Trident Vintage is my daily watch. I love it!"

Correction, I have the MK1 as you with the screw down crown, better than the MKII that way. It is really good. Many are for sale. I have thoughts of getting the non vintage version.

I like to think of it as poor man’s Oyster Perpetual more so than the Explorer. I think it CW updated this with 3/6/9 hour markers and the C60 handset, they wouldn’t be able to keep it in stock!"

I know what you are saying, more like OP but even though it is missing the 3 6 9 it has that explorer vibe especially on a bracelet. I would leave the hands alone myself.
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: C65 Trident Vintage MKII - Review

Post by jkbarnes »

michelj13 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:37 pm "Correction, I have the MK1 as you with the screw down crown, better than the MKII that way. It is really good. Many are for sale. I have thoughts of getting the non vintage version.
I agree. I think the update was a step backwards. I also really like the crown guards.
michelj13 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:37 pm but even though it is missing the 3 6 9 it has that explorer vibe especially on a bracelet. I would leave the hands alone myself.
Absolutely! It’s a different beast on the bracelet. Very much has the vibe you’re talking about. So much so that I don’t think I’ll ever put it back on a leather strap. I love the watch on the bracelet that much!
Drew