My first CW - Trident pro 600

Documentation and CW-related information
Montybaber
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

My first CW - Trident pro 600

Post by Montybaber »

Not the most original thread and I can guarantee it wont be the best review but I decided to post my thoughts after a couple of days owning this watch

I have been interested in watches for several years and owned many of all different styles/prices, my preference has always been divers watches lusting after the Rolex Submariner for many years

I have been aware of Christopher Ward watches for some time but I never took the plunge, I am really not sure why? My tastes have changed many times over the years and I am ashamed to say I have been far too influenced by others and forum favourites such as Longines,Omega, Seiko etc

It is only recently that I have started to go my own way, A few months ago I have a fully stocked watch box consisting of many beautiful watches including a lovely 2531.80, some very rare microband divers (PRS50LE, PRS14) and some limited edition Seikos but as much as I enjoyed owning them they were not exciting me when on the wrist

I was very fortunate to be in a position to buy my dream watch this year and after following the hype I was led into putting my name on lists for the BLNR, LV, and SDc, after a while I realised the watch I wanted was the humble 114060 and although this watch is by no means a favourite of many I think it is perfection

Anyway...after buying the Sub I sold pretty much everything I had, I knew the watches werent 'me' and I was on the lookout for a watch that I could wear everyday at work, climbing crane jibs, inside lift shafts but smart enough to look good with a shirt and tie in meetings, I have to say the Trident was not on the radar and when I saw the beautiful shade of blue I knew I had to try it

I was very concerned about the 38mm size but I knew 43mm would be far too big for my small wrists, I wanted something comparable to the Rolex but nothing was reaching out to me at 40mm, I hoped it would wear well because it ticked all the boxes (apart from the PCL's)

It arrived and I have to say that I have owned maybe 50 watches this past few years and this one caught me off guard, the colour was a stunning shade of blue, I think it is comparable to the pelagos but even better :) the dial is gorgeous, as I said I owned a 2531.80 which I loved and this dial is more impressive, the dial layout and indices, date window, hands all wirk perfectly and the previous logo works very well in my eyes, I actually like the new logo but I am not dissapointed with the previous design

As for the size what can I say? it is better than I could ever imagine, It wears perfectly and I wouldnt change it by 1mm, the bracelet is comfortable and I can even live with the PCL's (for now) I would compare the watch to my Longines Hydroconquest for how it feels on the wrist but with quite a few improvements, the bracelet tapers and works well from 20mm and the brushed case sides are much easier to keep looking scratch-free for longer, the ratchet clasp is great, not glidelock great but very good

All in all I cannot fault the watch, all I can say is its the first watch (apart from the Sub) that I look firward to wearing at every opertunity, how this watch can be purchased at this price is incredible!

Anyway a happy customer, I am not saying it is perfect but it is perfect to me :)

Today at work (in a hospital) an older gent who was very ill took a shine to the watch (the first time anyone has ever commented on a watch I own) I took it off and passed it to him to try on and he loved it, if I was a rich man I would buy another and take one down there as a gift, he didnt recognise the brand, he couldnt care less how much it cost he just fell in love with it and that is this hobby

Anyway I have bored you all enough, looking forward to bonding with this watch for many more years

watchtheclock
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Re: My first CW - Trident pro 600

Post by watchtheclock »

Great review. I can hear your enthusiasm and it gets me excited! This is how I feel about CW watches at well. I currently own 5 plus one for my wife.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
CW C11 MSL MK1 Automatic, CW C60 Trident Pro Blue/Blue, CW C8 Power Reserve, Baume & Mercier Classim, Shinola Runwell Chrono, Lumtech Bull 45 Green dial. Looking for a C8 Regulator Steel.
suicidal_orange
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by suicidal_orange »

It's always interesting to read when someone 'downgrades' but I hope your enthusiasm lasts as for me the smaller Trident looks better on your wrist :silent:
Montybaber
Junior
Junior

Post by Montybaber »

suicidal_orange wrote:It's always interesting to read when someone 'downgrades' but I hope your enthusiasm lasts as for me the smaller Trident looks better on your wrist :silent:
Well the Sub is going nowhere but I am happy with the pair at the moment
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

Great review. That's where I'm heading: Saving up to buy a NoDate SubC (or 2016 Explorer), and using the blue Trident as an everyday watch. I'm going buy the bracelet during the next sale; for sure.
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate

Post by missF »

thanks for the great review :thumbup:
glad this watch is getting you noticed - i wasn't much into it when i first saw it (and probably wouldn't choose a blue watch myself) - but it looks really great on, and is catching my eye now too....
i think it is at its best on the bracelet - looks stunning.

hope you enjoy getting lots of happy wear out of it :D
watching you fail in your quest for a “one watch” has been great entertainment
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
Trimadjules
Senior
Senior

Post by Trimadjules »

Great review. Its next on my list - just need to choose a colour which is always hard over the internet :D
Benjamin Franklin
Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of.

Omega Speedmaster
CW C60 Trident 600 Pro
CW C5 Malvern square
CW C3 MALVERN CHRONOGRAPH MKII
G-Shock world time
Montybaber
Junior
Junior

Post by Montybaber »

Thanks all, a week down the line and still loving it
rosborn

Post by rosborn »

Congratulations! Great review and your Trident looks fantastic on your wrist!

I just became a Christopher Ward owner too. I purchased a C60 and a C65 within a two week span. I hesitated for a long time as well but now am a big fan.
Skipper
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 12

Post by Skipper »

Thanks for sharing! :thumbup:
kingwillis
Junior
Junior

Post by kingwillis »

great review, thanks for sharing. I can't wait to get my hands on my first one!
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by FloridaPhil »

Welcome and a very interesting review that tells a great story of how you got to this point. The Trident certainly punches far beyond it's price point. The blue is my favorite version as well, although I have the 43mm - the 38mm was just too small on my wrist but my wife grabbed it for herself so now we have both!
WatchChat on Facebook
The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.
calbear13
Junior
Junior

Post by calbear13 »

I have the previous generation blue 38mm with the round indices and must agree as to its gorgeous color. I don't wear mine all that often anymore as the lady bought me an Explorer for my 30th and I have a Nomos, JLC, and Speedy in the daily rotation but when I do bring it out for vacation it always leaves me happy. Never regretted it.
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

looks great, congrats.
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
copemanphoto
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by copemanphoto »

Great review! Like you, I also look forward to wearing my White/Black C60 as much as my blue dial Breitling Super Ocean. These are my favourite 2 watches and the only watches for which I have received compliments. Congratulations on your Blue/Blue C60.
Cheers, Mike.