Bremont - The Wing

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: Bremont - The Wing

Post by Mikkei4 »

Just to add my bit following the tour, thanks to Guy for starting the idea of a visit and organising the date for the tour. It was good to meet you gents, I enjoyed the day and I hope you all enjoyed the pub food. Thank you for bringing your watches along.

I didn't take many photos but managed to take a couple of the reception area before anybody got in the way.
E-Type.jpg

E-type reg.jpg

Boutique.jpg

Guy and Wyatt - You may have seen this as you left the car park after me - just as I was leaving a Virgin Air-balloon came over. They are quite regular in this area but it was so low that I could see the people in it and it looked like it was about to land in 1 of the fields surrounding The Wing's location.
Virgin balloon.jpg

Richard D - if you only live a few miles away then I would recommend taking the tour.

Thanks again, Mick

Edit - Photo orientation is all over the place - sorry. It's a bit late so I'll see if I can sort that out tomorrow afternoon.
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

Mikkei4 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:45 pm
Richard D - if you only live a few miles away then I would recommend taking the tour.
Given everyone’s enthusiasm and the tasty photographs it would seem daft not to book a visit. It’s 10 miles from my home.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by iain »

Mikkei4 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:45 pm Guy and Wyatt - You may have seen this as you left the car park after me - just as I was leaving a Virgin Air-balloon came over. They are quite regular in this area but it was so low that I could see the people in it and it looked like it was about to land in 1 of the fields surrounding The Wing's location.

Virgin balloon.jpg
It was taking off, Paul and I saw it being inflated in the field opposite Bremont as we left.

Yes, I did enjoy the pub food very much. Good to have a real pie and not “stew with a hat”.
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by iain »

Richard D wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:38 pm Good to know, I assume that are all their cases are manufactured in Henley from raw materials.

I really should make a visit, I only live a few miles away.
From we learned on the day, it sounds like the Wing is just bringing everything together under one roof (or wing). It would seem that Bremont have always made their own cases, or had them made at local engineering companies spread across a wider area. They have never imported from generic case factories overseas.

To see them being machined in front of our eyes on the CNC machine was very interesting to watch. I suppose being an engineer this appealed to me and the smell of the coolant brought back fond memories of my apprenticeship working on lathes and milling machines,

And yes, I would definitely recommend a visit.
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by iain »

hershimaster wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:34 pm Thanks for the invitation guys, had a great day.
Welcome back Paul, good to see you remembered your forum username after all.
Gar787
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 7

Post by Gar787 »

Great pics chaps. Many thanks.
PHIL
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by kiter65 »

This was on my to do list, having seen your pictures it’s a definite now, looks like you all had a great day
When I go I will be wearing this, rude not to :D

Tortoise
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Tortoise »

Looks like a rewarding and educational excursion. Thanks very much for posting your photos and thoughts so that us more remote members can share in some of the experience. :thumbup:
cheers
Ian
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

“Bremont - The Wing”

I can’t help but think that this title would lend itself to an all new Netflix blockbuster series.

To the eyes of the world it was merely a new, state-of-the-art watch factory built by an aspirational young company in a peaceful and genteel Oxfordshire town. However, deep within an extensive warren of cavernous substrata there lurked a secret so powerful that, if it ever fell into the wrong hands, it could change the course of Man’s Destiny forever…

I think Dan Brown and I could collaborate on the plot and script. :lol:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by iain »

^^^^ don’t go starting that rumour. There are some people on the internet who think Bremont are already the devil in disguise.

There will be a story soon that they’ve become a real life James Bond villain, all because he continues to chose Omega over Bremont and they are out for revenge,

Anyway, we were all sworn to secrecy so couldn’t confirm what we actually did see in the basement even if we wanted to,,,,,,