Johnnie Walker - Edinburgh

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Johnnie Walker - Edinburgh

Post by TheBeatles »

Anyone planning on visiting the new Johnnie Walker store, Princes Street, Edinburgh

It’s definitely on my to do list in the near future.

Nice review here:- https://www.whiskyadvocate.com/johnnie- ... -business/
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Re: Johnnie Walker - Edinburgh

Post by Thegreyman »

Yes probably planning to go, I had a look at their website last week, I believe it opened its doors a couple of days ago, Monday.

It will certainly help the west end of Princes Street as all recent higher end retail and development investment has shifted to the east end of the city centre. There is a rooftop bar/cafe so that is one way to visit the place, even for those who don't like whisky.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

What an excellent venue for a GTG. :thumbup:

All we need now is a local to arrange it… :)

I haven’t been to Edinburgh since 2005. I used to enjoy my regular visits, even though the work part of the trips sometimes got in the way of the more important social aspects. :lol:

I remember the old Jenners Department store.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 3

Post by missF »

TheBeatles wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:53 am
Nice review here:-
I’m so glad you posted this review- I thought that ‘the experience’ was just the shop on the corner ground floor and couldn’t understand the excitement! :lol:
watching you fail in your quest for a “one watch” has been great entertainment
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thegreyman »

nbg wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:37 am What an excellent venue for a GTG. :thumbup:

All we need now is a local to arrange it… :)

I haven’t been to Edinburgh since 2005. I used to enjoy my regular visits, even though the work part of the trips sometimes got in the way of the more important social aspects. :lol:

I remember the old Jenners Department store.

Neil
Great idea Neil, did you mean me, or missF?!

Unfortunately Jenners is currently closed, not having fared so well of late with Covid and the ownership of a certain well know retail tycoon :problem: Good news is that the Danish billionaire owner of the property is redeveloping it as part hotel, part department store, so the character of the building should be preserved.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way