Your first ‘real job’.

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Re: Your first ‘real job’.

Post by Thermexman »

Richard D wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:12 am The only downside is, I figure that I have 6 years left in me before the batteries run out.
Stick some Duracells in now, while you have the chance. Should get you an extra year or two? You’re welcome. :D
Steve.
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

Thermexman wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:45 am
Richard D wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:12 am The only downside is, I figure that I have 6 years left in me before the batteries run out.
Stick some Duracells in now, while you have the chance. Should get you an extra year or two? You’re welcome. :D
I wish, :(
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
gannet
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by gannet »

nburgess wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:53 am This thread makes me wonder who was 'lucky' enough to work in their chosen field or even do their dream job ?
Went to uni and studied computer science. During term time breaks had summer work helping a small company write software...

Graduated and found a job programming for another small company... Unfortunately they went bust after 12 months.... Found another programming job which lasted just another 9 months... Starting to think I was a jinx.... I found another programming job for another small company... I'm still there after 23 years in a more senior position but still programming and loving it 😁

I was fortunate enough to not have to work during college or uni to pay my way.
-- gannet.
C65 AMGT 1VEV | C60 Trident Chronograph 300 | C7 Rapide Automatic | C7 Rapide Quartz | C3 Malvern Chronograph MK II -Limited Edition