Fantasy Football 2021/22

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Fantasy Football 2021/22

Post by welshlad »

For all those who want to participate in Fantasy Premier League Football again this coming 2021/22 season, I have just renewed the CWF Fantasy Football League we have had for several seasons. Anyone who was in it last year should be automatically entered into it again this year - once you register your new squad - but please double check.

For anyone new wanting to join the league, it couldn't be easier. Simply use the link below and you'll be added automatically after you've entered the game.

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/leagu ... oin/wg2x95

League Code: wg2x95

The season starts on Friday 13th August, so you need to get your squad registered pretty soon. The deadline for submitting your team for Gameweek 1 is 18.30 BST on Fri 13th August.

As an added feature this season, I will keep track of the Manager of the Month awards and post about them on this thread. As for the overall season, there are no prizes other than unlimited kudos from the others in the league - surely a prize which money can't buy! :)

Good luck!
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
ddav
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Re: Fantasy Football 2021/22

Post by ddav »

Thank you for taking the time to do this again. Last year was a close run thing.
Good luck to all taking part.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

C600IPB 101, C7O cosc 009/300, C8 IPK 004 ,C11 Makaira Pro 006.
W11 Amelia , Emily Double Tour (The Wife)
sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by sproughton »

Cheers for renewing this. The more leagues I'm in the more chance I have of doing well in at least one of them 🤭
suicidal_orange
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by suicidal_orange »

Thanks for this - haven't been in it for a couple of years but used to be fun.

It's a shame it starts this week though as I'm going to a music festival first thing tomorrow so old phone and shocking reception anyway. I could throw together a squad/team tonight and hope no transfers are done before the weekend but then I'll be stuck with them for the season. Is that better or worse than missing the first weekend and trying to put in some thought/research next week...
sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by sproughton »

suicidal_orange wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:10 pm Thanks for this - haven't been in it for a couple of years but used to be fun.

It's a shame it starts this week though as I'm going to a music festival first thing tomorrow so old phone and shocking reception anyway. I could throw together a squad/team tonight and hope no transfers are done before the weekend but then I'll be stuck with them for the season. Is that better or worse than missing the first weekend and trying to put in some thought/research next week...
Stick a team in now and then use the transfers once you're back. It's a marathon not a sprint
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

Thank you for organising.

Good luck everyone...and Sproughton too I guess! Did you say it was three wins in a row :clap:. This period of domination has to end at some point :lol:.

Last season was a strange one with lots of midweek football, double game weeks and the build up to this season appears just as unpredictable with transfers underway and some big ones yet to be completed.
suicidal_orange
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

sproughton wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:37 pmStick a team in now and then use the transfers once you're back. It's a marathon not a sprint
Advice from the reigning champ should probably be followed - one team thrown together with a million to spare :thumbup:
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Brilliant. Thank you Steve for setting this up. :clap: :clap:

I'm in (or at least I will be when I've logged in to FPLF and created my squad). :-k :-k

This will be my third season. My first was, I'm sure, a case of beginners luck plus, perhaps, with having the benefit of some coaching from my Son who won the league he was in at work. Last season was not so good, lower/middle table I recall, but I worked mostly on my own initiative and resources and I'm not really a football aficionado with any sort of in depth knowledge of teams and players.

As mentioned, last season was out of sorts with midweek and double game week matches etc.

This season, I wonder what effect participation in the EUROs will have on the top players. Does one still go for them simply because they are the top players, or give them a wide berth (initially at any rate) as they will not be at peak fitness?

Will having crowds back in Stadiums have an effect on Teams & Players. Playing last season without crowds in attendance would have been strange for the players.

Anyway, my comments above, are a bit of chatter for this thread. It is something that I noticed the previous two seasons; the thread gets everything going, we all do our own bit through the season, and the season then finishes. That's it. No discussion along the way about who's had a good/ bad week etc. Perhaps that's just the way it is.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

A high scoring first weekend for lots of players! Things can change very quickly so if anyone is looking up the table hoping that they had made a different selection there is still plenty to play for.

Now a break until Saturday to think about making that one free transfer, making more and taking the points hit, or taking the drastic move to change the whole team and play the wildcard!
welshlad

Post by welshlad »

Indeed, a good high scoring first week. After the next week or two, we should get an idea of who selected their squads with only Week 1 in mind and who were also looking a week or two ahead.

It's still all to play for - including August Manager of the Month.
suicidal_orange
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Another week passed, some good scores considering Fernandez and Salah both did poorly.
welshlad

Post by welshlad »

Yes, it's looking like a high scoring season already. The is one more gameweek this weekend that counts towards the August Manager of the Month, so I will give an update on who won that prestigious award early next week. :)
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

I've been stuffed by having a couple of players not being selected to play yet! :grumble:

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

suicidal_orange wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:25 am Another week passed, some good scores considering Fernandez and Salah both did poorly.
Yes, I think most have one of these as captain.

I opted to captain Fernandes over Salah this week. I was at Anfield for the game against Burnley so I was slightly conflicted when Salah scored but then declared offside. 90% of me was disappointed whilst the other 10% was thinking, well at least those that did captain him won't get lets of points!

It will take a month or two for team selections to mix up a bit. Many at the top have the similar selections so a few injuries here and there and bad games for some of the current top picks will open things up. Surely Brighton cannot keep winning and Antonio will not be top scorer by the end of the season?
suicidal_orange
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:51 pmI've been stuffed by having a couple of players not being selected to play yet! :grumble:

Guy
Was wondering how that would be a problem with auto-subs but looks like they're all defenders. That is some bad luck :thumbdown: