Incoming - I really shouldn't but...

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Re: Incoming - I really shouldn't but...

Post by gaf1958 »

That is lovely Stephen, the SuperOcean Heritage diver, particularly the 42mm, is my favourite Breitling. Almost bought on on holidays overseas (back when we could do such things!) but the price on top of the holiday costs stopped me. Almost every one I’ve seen locally since has been the larger one (46?) and I’ve been unable to afford the few 42s that have turned up, mostly due to buying something else shortly beforehand. Looking at yours maybe I simply should have... It looks great!
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

IIRC the Heritage mesh strap is quite a thick one, so it may be just fine on the one you have. Although, it’s not an “open” mesh like most shark meshes is it (?), it’s quite a tight weave. You may need to look for a tightly woven thicker model if you want it to look OEM at a reasonable price.
Therein lies the challenge...
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

gaf1958 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:30 pm IIRC the Heritage mesh strap is quite a thick one, so it may be just fine on the one you have. Although, it’s not an “open” mesh like most shark meshes is it (?), it’s quite a tight weave. You may need to look for a tightly woven thicker model if you want it to look OEM at a reasonable price.
Therein lies the challenge...
Thanks Gary, good to see you around.. :wave: Hope you are well!
Agree, its that tight weave that I think differentiates the OEM from most.
I wasn't planning to pick one up for a while but an attractive deal came up in conversation with the pilot I bought the Omega from (he has smallish wrists and after 12 months wearing in rotation decided it was too big), coincidentally its precisely the size and model I was after albeit without mesh and needing a longer strap.
It wears relatively small for 42mm partially due to the lug shape and tight design. Im very happy with it and liking the gold accent a lot, I accept gold is a bit Marmite (or Vegemite :) ),. Was it you who stated an aversion to gold, I remember someone did on the 'Am I getting old' thread' ?😉
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

A great looking watch, Stephen. Congratulations - enjoy your new acquisition. :thumbup:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by strapline »

Very nice watch, that. Classic and understated. Enjoy in good health.

Des
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

Dickchins wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:09 pm I have the blue Breitling rubber strap on mine. The Breitling wording on the strap looks a little o.t.t, but once on, you hardly see it as it fades towards the ends of the strap. The quality is absolute class.

Yours being more "dressier diver" than mine, will probably suit a steel strap very well though.

When I posted about mine, I asked for strap ideas. A couple here suggested Erikas Origionals strap. Having bought one, I can only confirm they suit absolutely perfectly. Yours possibly even moreso.

Personally leather straps and hot days dont like each other in my house!
Thanks for the thoughts on the Erikas originals, I've ordered 2 in different colours as think they may suit this but definitely another watch I have. :thumbup:
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands