Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Re: Euros (Football)

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Thegreyman wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:36 pm
Kansas City Milkman wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:11 pm I get it was a soft penalty and undoubtedly he made the most of it. But there is footage that he may have taken a knock from two players. It does though very much depend on the camera angle. The penalty was awarded after VAR intervention so clearly a marginal decision
VAR didn’t award the penalty, the referee awarded the penalty straight away and VAR didn’t consider it a clear and obvious error hence it wasn’t overturned. I thought it was a clear and obvious error but that’s only my opinion :)
Fair enough correction, of course the ref awarded it. The point remains that as it was marginal as the VAR intervention didn't overrule it
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

The rules are clear: push/heavy tackle/excessively challenge someone in the penalty area and risk giving away a penalty.

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-go ... misconduct

Players/teams making the most of the rules has also been part of the game for as long as I remember. There are some teams (Italy especially!) who take it to an extreme.
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
nburgess
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by nburgess »

I'll take that win any day of the week. Ok, the overall performance wasn't as pleasing as the Germany or Ukraine games. But overall, we edged the match (in my opinion).
And crikey, we've had our fair share of bad luck & decisions going against us (Lampard in South Africa is just the first instance that's springs to mind).
I don't care what anyone says, you need a bit of good fortune if you're (not referencing England here, I mean any team) going to win a tournament.
I don't think the penalty was a clear error on the ref's part at all. As others have stated, it wasn't 100% either way with VAR looking at multiple angles and in slo -mo. I personally think he was given a nudge, but perhaps he did go down a little easy - but 99% of players probably would.
Neil
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by magicman »

Kansas City Milkman wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:42 pm
Thegreyman wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:36 pm
Kansas City Milkman wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:11 pm I get it was a soft penalty and undoubtedly he made the most of it. But there is footage that he may have taken a knock from two players. It does though very much depend on the camera angle. The penalty was awarded after VAR intervention so clearly a marginal decision
VAR didn’t award the penalty, the referee awarded the penalty straight away and VAR didn’t consider it a clear and obvious error hence it wasn’t overturned. I thought it was a clear and obvious error but that’s only my opinion :)
Fair enough correction, of course the ref awarded it. The point remains that as it was marginal as the VAR intervention didn't overrule it
Probably evened itself out, as the earlier foul on Kane in the area was a penalty, imho.
I thought the ref was a bit whistle happy, glad he's not in charge for the final.

Regards Steve
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
GTC854
Senior
Senior

Post by GTC854 »

A couple of photos which appeared on a RAF FB group I follow.[attachment=1]215914839_10158333035883811_1342789138144721477_n.jpg
Attachments
215914839_10158333035883811_1342789138144721477_n.jpg
215673081_4472921232720030_7149226263515630289_n.jpg
Gordon
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by exHowfener »

Not being a fan, I won't comment on the football. Being English, I wish the national team well though I can't say I'll be sorry to see/hear the end of gobby kids loudly singing "football's coming home ..." I may need some earplugs for Sunday.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

Diving used to be about pretending that contact had been made and going down.

Then it became making the most of the contact that there was even though it is a contact sport.

Since VAR, there is now a prevalence to make your own contact which is what the likes of Kane and Vardy and many others have made an art form of. Put the ball in one direction and then instead of following it you connect with the defender instead.

Many accept that this is the game now, personally I would rather lose honourably than cheat and win.
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Thegreyman wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:24 pm
Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:17 am A thought...

Bale is a world-class player in a relatively modest (by international standards) team. A bit like Best playing for N.I. or Perisse for the Italian rugby team. Or Lewandowski...

Must be frustrating to be that good but know you are never likely to win a major. Unlike some of the great Brazilian, Argentinian. German, Italian, Spanish and French players.
Messi has won zero trophies with Argentina, lost a number of Copa America finals and of course a World Cup final. Maybe they will win the current Copa on at the moment in Brazil.
Just read that Argentina beat Brazil in the early hours of this morning, so Messi now has a major trophy 🙌
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by magicman »

exHowfener wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:36 pm Not being a fan, I won't comment on the football. Being English, I wish the national team well though I can't say I'll be sorry to see/hear the end of gobby kids loudly singing "football's coming home ..." I may need some earplugs for Sunday.
You might need to get a job lot.
If we do win, I imagine you'll be hearing those kids a lot more.

Regards Steve
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by exHowfener »

If we do win, I imagine you'll be hearing those kids a lot more.
Thanks for that! :lol: Still, my annual holiday is coming up and I've never been to Italy ...
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

That's more like it.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jtc »

This is tense!
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
Bungle-ator
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Bungle-ator »

The early goal ruined the game. Southgate stupidly parked the bus
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by what-time-is-it »

Spotted this last night, just before Kane's penalty.

Anyone on here? Looks like a CW to me.

final.png
Last edited by Bahnstormer_vRS on Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Attached photo 'Placed in Line' - https://www.christopherwardforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=55242
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

^^^^ C11 Makaira Pro 500?

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England