Euros (Football)

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
Bungle-ator
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Re: Euros (Football)

Post by Bungle-ator »

^^^^^^ I think there's something wrong with each and every one of us to be noticing things like this :lol:

I'm sure Declan Rice was wearing a gold Nautilus when he was wandering around the pitch before the game. I had to bite my tongue.
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

Bungle-ator wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:34 pm I'm sure Declan Rice was wearing a gold Nautilus when he was wandering around the pitch before the game. I had to bite my tongue.
Not bad for a 22 year old. Think Lampard was wearing the same covering the game on BBC too.

Then Rio Ferdinand came on with his white RM67-02. About £300k of a toy watch with an elastic strap!
Bungle-ator
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Bungle-ator »

^^^^^bravo to you for knowing the model number! My Mrs asked "what's Rio wearing" and I knew she didn't mean his clothes. Told her it was seven figures worth of Richard Mille but that's as far as my knowledge goes. Think she thought it was from a toy shop :lol:
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

what-time-is-it wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:23 pm Spotted this last night, just before Kane's penalty.

Anyone on here? Looks like a CW to me.

final.png
Excellent spot!
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

Absolutely disgusting the abuse some players have received on social media - one of the reasons I steer clear of the cess pit that is Twitter, Facebook etc…. Those lads gave everything they had last night, they left nothing out on that field and should hold their heads high and be proud.
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

I can't imagine that anyone here disagrees with those sentiments Chris.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 23

Post by Deks »

I wish we had a like button for posts so I could give my like to Chris . I'm sickened and disgusted at what happened yesterday but also proud of all our players and manager. I am proud of the good and true fans and it's so sad that we seam to have so many morons and bad people in our society these days. I'm not elequent with my words but I hope my sentiment is clear
suicidal_orange
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by suicidal_orange »

Deks wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:57 am I wish we had a like button for posts so I could give my like to Chris . I'm sickened and disgusted at what happened yesterday but also proud of all our players and manager I am proud of the good and true fans and it's so sad that we seam to have so many morons and bad people in our society these days. I'm not elequent with my words but I hope my sentiment is clear
Not so sure about the manager, he was doing well enough but keeping tired players out for the whole of extra time then pulling others off the bench to play a few minutes in random positions and expecting them to be ready to take a penalty? Doesn't sound like a good plan and sure enough it didn't work.
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by Thunder1 »

TigerChris wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:53 pm Absolutely disgusting the abuse some players have received on social media - one of the reasons I steer clear of the cess pit that is Twitter, Facebook etc…. Those lads gave everything they had last night, they left nothing out on that field and should hold their heads high and be proud.
+1..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by sproughton »

suicidal_orange wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:05 am Not so sure about the manager, he was doing well enough but keeping tired players out for the whole of extra time then pulling others off the bench to play a few minutes in random positions and expecting them to be ready to take a penalty? Doesn't sound like a good plan and sure enough it didn't work.
It happens all the time for penalty shoot outs; just so happened that it didn't work this time. I don't understand why a player that hasn't played the game wouldn't be ready to take a penalty either. It's an isolated set piece, they don't need to get a 'feel' for the game.

Proud of everything they did during, before and after the tournament but one step too far in the end.
Bungle-ator
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Bungle-ator »

[/quote]
Not so sure about the manager, he was doing well enough but keeping tired players out for the whole of extra time then pulling others off the bench to play a few minutes in random positions and expecting them to be ready to take a penalty? Doesn't sound like a good plan and sure enough it didn't work.
[/quote]

He's terrible. He has a very capable squad but chooses to defend in nearly every game. He's got a lot of fire power there but seems to believe most teams are better than them so doesn't unleash it. Very disappointing.

His team deserved a better shot at it on Sunday than he gave them.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Not only was there abhorrent abuse of, and about, some of the players on social media et al, but walking back to his car in an official Wembley Stadium car park, after the game, F1 driver, Lando Norris was mugged for his watch

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 23

Post by Deks »

For every winner there has to be a loser. I guess those morons who can't accept this and turn to violence or racial abuse should crawl back under the rock they came from.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

Deks wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:26 am For every winner there has to be a loser. I guess those morons who can't accept this and turn to violence or racial abuse should crawl back under the rock they came from.
With football though, Mike, the violence among so called fans is there win or lose. The scenes prior to the game, showed on the news, both at Wembley and around the country were disgraceful. I shall be at Wembley myself this Saturday for the Rugby League Challenge cup final. We play St Helens (don’t think we have much chance but anything can happen in a cup final) - opposition fans will be mixing together, having a beer and a bit of harmless banter and fun between us, thats how sport should be.
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Pretty shocking scenes with those "fans" breaking through the security to storm their way into the ground, you'd have expected beefier security somehow though. The racist abuse of certain players abhorrent, hopefully they can trace these people and deal with them accordingly.

Regarding the tournament, it was a great one for England, a memorable experience albeit didn't quite have the perfect ending. England has a great young squad of players. The manager seems a genuinely nice guy, a good man manager, however I don't think he has the tactical nous to ultimately achieve the squad's full potential. The final demonstrated that. The penalties are a lottery but I did feel a more experienced player than Saka should have taken the last one, maybe Sterling. Grealish said he volunteered to take one but not chosen to by the manager.

World Cup next year to look forward to now, hopefully all the home nations can qualify.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way