Premier League Fixtures 2021/22 announced

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Premier League Fixtures 2021/22 announced

Post by Richard D »

So looking forward to the season starting, come on you Bees.

88FAC5BB-F0E0-4D64-8580-539B580EA974.jpeg
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
Bungle-ator
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Re: Premier League Fixtures 2021/22 announced

Post by Bungle-ator »

A well earned promotion for the Bee's! I wish them well except for when they're playing the Irons.
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

Just the 7 fixtures in December then! No winter break again either with FA Cup and internationals in Jan/Feb.

Best of luck in the Premier League!
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 23

Post by Deks »

As a Leeds scum fan. Next season is always the one where teams struggle. Come on the mighty whites!

Ps we used to singbyhe Pontus Janson some..... (about his magic hat )....basically a top player for us

Good luck for your first season. We are still newbies too :-)
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

Deks wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:14 am As a Leeds scum fan. Next season is always the one where teams struggle. Come on the mighty whites!

Ps we used to singbyhe Pontus Janson some..... (about his magic hat )....basically a top player for us

Leeds aren't scum anymore...They are a class act! They showed that playing in a positive way even as a promoted team delivers results, rather than the anti-football trend.

Hopefully the fans can get back to Elland Rd next season and experience the PL again properly. You are right though, the second season can be tough but for the fans it will be like the 1st and will make the difference!
Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Caller »

I think Leeds, like Wolves, will break the accepted mould for newly promoted teams and became a premiership staple once more. The difficulty, as Wolves found, is getting over that hurdle into the top 6.

Thrilled for Brentford, one of my 'other' clubs. I used to drive past the ground daily on my way to work and have been to a fair number of games there over the years. Same with Fulham and Wimbledon.

I'm a die-hard Chelsea fan and looking to see if Tuchel can improve on his first season at the club! :D
'Tis me
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

A1soknownas wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:32 am
Deks wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:14 am As a Leeds scum fan. Next season is always the one where teams struggle. Come on the mighty whites!

Leeds aren't scum anymore...They are a class act! They showed that playing in a positive way even as a promoted team delivers results, rather than the anti-football trend.

Hopefully the fans can get back to Elland Rd next season and experience the PL again properly. You are right though, the second season can be tough but for the fans it will be like the 1st and will make the difference!
I first time I saw Leeds play was at Wembley against Liverpool in the 1974 Charity Shield. The game was the first in which Bob Paisley and Brian Clough managed Liverpool and Leeds respectively. In recognition of his services to the club, Liverpool F.C. asked its retired manager Bill Shankly to lead the team out onto the field. The match is mostly remembered for Billy Bremner and Kevin Keegan being jointly sent off 60th minute after they had a fight. The fight spilled onto the terraces and then onto the roads surrounding the stadium. Back on the field no prisoners were taken. Since, football has never quite been the same, tame in comparison. The game ended in a 1:1 draw and was settled on penalties 6 - 5 with Liverpool lifting the shield. As a neutral I will never forget that match, I came home buzzing after dodging a few bricks.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

Richard D wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:29 pm I first time I saw Leeds play was at Wembley against Liverpool in the 1974 Charity Shield. The game was the first in which Bob Paisley and Brian Clough managed Liverpool and Leeds respectively. In recognition of his services to the club, Liverpool F.C. asked its retired manager Bill Shankly to lead the team out onto the field. The match is mostly remembered for Billy Bremner and Kevin Keegan being jointly sent off 60th minute after they had a fight. The fight spilled onto the terraces and then onto the roads surrounding the stadium. Back on the field no prisoners were taken. Since, football has never quite been the same, tame in comparison. The game ended in a 1:1 draw and was settled on penalties 6 - 5 with Liverpool lifting the shield. As a neutral I will never forget that match, I came home buzzing after dodging a few bricks.
Ha, sounds like a great game and one to certainly remember! You mention some massive football legends there. You are right football is not the same, in some ways it is better but in many ways worse.

I'm from Leeds but my first match was at Anfield in 1990 and football is so different from those days even. I am terrible at remembering matches but I hope I will never forget the all the recent CL victories I was lucky enough to go to including the 4-0 win against Barca. I even watched the highlights every now and then last season when things were going so badly just to remember the good times!

By the way, your avatar is probably the best thing I have seen on the forum in some time :lol:
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

A1soknownas wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:35 pmBy the way, your avatar is probably the best thing I have seen on the forum in some time :lol:
Can’t have the ‘sellers’ monopolising all the trust.
Richard