Ask Jimbo

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Re: Ask Jimbo

Post by Lavaine »

ajax87 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:54 am I’m in a real bad place, jimbo. I need advice bad.

Propane or charcoal?
Both. Propane for quick weekday meals, charcoal for weekends.
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

jimbo wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:24 pm

Our miles sound more manly than kilometres. We don't need big numbers to make distances appear longer, yet quicker to cover. I suspect shandy swilling runners and cyclists use kilometres to show off to friends as "I did 60k today!" sounds like they went further than 40 miles....but they didn't they would have had to do 64k's
So in Canada, where we measure distances in hours, it must sound extra manly. "3 hours" sounds so much better than "300 kilometres" or "180 miles".
Cooking is easy 1-9 if you are on gas, and Deg C if you are on electric
But, why? In the rest of the civilized world it's in degrees whether you are on gas or electric. What's the point of 1-9, other than to be difficult?
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
Ian Mc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by Ian Mc »

Why does SWMBO point left and say turn right, and grumble when I ask if she means left left or right left?
Time keeps on slipping into the future
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by magicman »

Dear Jimbo

Should a grown man drive a Smart car ?
I tried one for the first time yesterday and loved it !

Regards Steve
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
jimbo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jimbo »

ajax87 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:54 am I’m in a real bad place, jimbo. I need advice bad.

Propane or charcoal?
Propane is grilling

Charcoal is full fat "real man" cooking..... just remember to char the outside, and raw in the middle to be a proper BBQ chef :)
Remember...your left hand has the thumb on the right hand side
Ian Mc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by Ian Mc »

When being a proper bbq chef, should I confess when the steak gets dropped on the ground or in the charcoal before charring?
Time keeps on slipping into the future
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Dear Jimbo

I'm so glad you have started this service, because I have a real problem. I HAVE AMNESIA!

At least I think I must have, because whenever those nice people call me regarding the road-accident-I-was-involved-in-that-wasn't-my-fault (and I know they must be right because my insurers sent them the details) my mind goes blank.

I can't remember a thing about the accident, I can't even remember who my insurers are...Hell, I can't even remember my name!

Can you help, please?

What was this thread about again? :?
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
jimbo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jimbo »

Ian Mc wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:08 pm When being a proper bbq chef, should I confess when the steak gets dropped on the ground or in the charcoal before charring?
Never....and always take a tasty bit for "Being the chef"... give bad bits/dropped to the motherinlaw
jimbo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jimbo »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:41 pm Dear Jimbo

I'm so glad you have started this service, because I have a real problem. I HAVE AMNESIA!

At least I think I must have, because whenever those nice people call me regarding the road-accident-I-was-involved-in-that-wasn't-my-fault (and I know they must be right because my insurers sent them the details) my mind goes blank.

I can't remember a thing about the accident, I can't even remember who my insurers are...Hell, I can't even remember my name!

Can you help, please?

What was this thread about again? :?
I would like to help out, but by the time I got to the end of your request I forgot what it was about
jimbo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jimbo »

magicman wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:14 am Dear Jimbo

Should a grown man drive a Smart car ?
I tried one for the first time yesterday and loved it !

Regards Steve
I worry for you. Seek out Kip he has meds that will "switch" your "Swatch" to wanting a Watch instead.

There are no "Smart cars" only "Smart drivers",
jimbo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jimbo »

Ian Mc wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:43 am Why does SWMBO point left and say turn right, and grumble when I ask if she means left left or right left?
You should always obey "She that must be obeyed " life is sweeter then, just turn the way she pointed, or tattoo left and right across her knuckles so you can see which one hits you first
jimbo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jimbo »

Lavaine wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:56 am
jimbo wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:24 pm

Our miles sound more manly than kilometres. We don't need big numbers to make distances appear longer, yet quicker to cover. I suspect shandy swilling runners and cyclists use kilometres to show off to friends as "I did 60k today!" sounds like they went further than 40 miles....but they didn't they would have had to do 64k's
So in Canada, where we measure distances in hours, it must sound extra manly. "3 hours" sounds so much better than "300 kilometres" or "180 miles".
Cooking is easy 1-9 if you are on gas, and Deg C if you are on electric
But, why? In the rest of the civilized world it's in degrees whether you are on gas or electric. What's the point of 1-9, other than to be difficult?
Canada obviously looks like it has got it right, but driving "3 hours" to a pub is extreme

The 1-9 "Gas mark" must be some kind of communist (or fascist) ( I cater for both) way of confusing men in the kitchen.... best left to women for cake baking, or those men on "bake off" who know their way around a spatula