Your best timekeeper?

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Re: Your best timekeeper?

Post by ajax87 »

My C60 GMT mk3 and C65 SC both run about +1-2 spd. Followed closely by my Speedmaster mk40 at around +5spd.

Surprisingly, my C60 Abyss with the same SW220 and the same age as the super compressor is usually close to +20spd.

My C5 aviator loses about 80 spd, but that’s after 11 years of wearing without a service. Ran much better until a few years ago.

I don’t even check my quartz watches. I just set them whenever daylight savings changes and they’re always close enough.

I like the idea of a monthly check though. I might start doing that. A nice way to start off a new month.
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Sadly I never wear any one watch long enough to measure it, or to care!

It would be good to know but I don't think I have the patience to bother measuring them all. In theory it should be either the Super COSC Rolex, METAS Omega or one of the other vanilla COSC watches I have. Funny how you sometimes find though that a standard ETA/Selitta is keeping near perfect time so it could equally be one of them :ka:
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Noush
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Noush »

My G Shock 5600 Tough Solar is ridiculous. Had it 6 months and it is +1 secs over the time. I use it to set my mechanicals by.
Best auto mechanicals are the BB58 and the Formex Essence 39 which has a COSC Sellita SW200. I've tried both for a week using them every afternoon/evening after work and all weekend. Both are better than +5 secs for the week.
The hand wind SW215 in my Dekla Flieger is a -2 secs/day watch.
Chris
"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans" : John Lennon.
Les47
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 7

Post by Les47 »

possibly my Bulova moonwatch which I have to admit gets very little wrist time
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 23

Post by Deks »

My most accurate watch is my original quartz AM GT 1 VEV. After how ever many months its still with 0.5 secs of when I set it. Im guessing it will be a max of 2 secs/yr.

The most accurate automatic was the C60 trident gmt from Ferg. I love its time keeping for an automatic at about +1/sec per day. As a side note all my second hand automatics run more accurate than the new watches from CW which are a little disappointing but admittedly within spec. Ie +18 secs/day. I will also add they have a life of their own at times on accuracy which I guess is one of the reasons, as a noob, I find them so organic and fascinating :-)
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by strapline »

Deks wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:56 pm As a side note all my second hand automatics run more accurate than the new watches from CW
I wonder how your newly acquired C8 is doing, Mike? That's the SH21, be nice to see it turn out super reliable. All the best, fella.

Des :D
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Deks »

Hi Des:-)

I've been recording the C8 everyday. At first I was a little disappointed as it was losing about 4 to 5 secs a day but that is within spec altho I prefer watches to run fast. Its on my wrist now and is running a little fast now.

Anyway overall im still monitoring but am more happy as its speeded up so overall after 5 days its averaged quite good. Let me check time.is....

Its now +4 seconds. Im not sure I will ever understand automatics but I cant complain at the average accuracy just add I love this watch. I love its design and I adore its size. Whatever they say when it comes to watches I think size is so important :-)

I know everyone sees different thing in watches bit this is a really special watch to me. I know with time will have memories together (good and bad). ,im still trying to decide on the last watch I wear before my back surgery. That will be the watch I never forget or if unsuccessful the watch I wear to die with.

I've babbled on too much but hope this helps with thd accuracy. I think I will start a watch accuracy thread based in my watches. That will keep me occupied :-)

Take care

Mike
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Deks »

Just to add its now +5 secs so from being slow each day its fast now. Like I say automatics are so fascinating with s life of there own. Especially this C8 as it appears accurate both ways. Lol did I say how much I appreciate this watch:-)
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Deks wrote:Just to add its now +5 secs so from being slow each day its fast now. Like I say automatics are so fascinating with s life of there own. Especially this C8 as it appears accurate both ways. Lol did I say how much I appreciate this watch:-)
Your C8 Flyer PR is hand wound, isn't it Mike?

A point to mention is that the SH21 movement, maintains its best timekeeping with 3+ days of Power Reserve. Below that level, timekeeping can / will slip.

Hope this helps.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Deks »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:19 am
Deks wrote:Just to add its now +5 secs so from being slow each day its fast now. Like I say automatics are so fascinating with s life of there own. Especially this C8 as it appears accurate both ways. Lol did I say how much I appreciate this watch:-)
Your C8 Flyer PR is hand wound, isn't it Mike?

A point to mention is that the SH21 movement, maintains its best timekeeping with 3+ days of Power Reserve. Below that level, timekeeping can / will slip.

Hope this helps.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk
Thanks Guy. Yes its hand wound and a joy to do so with its lovely turbine style winder. I will play with the power reserve level on the watch. That is really interesting to know 👍. Im so obsessed with my watches :-)
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

Probably C9 AM GT (surprisingly). Generally I don't wear them long enough or really care, but wore this solidly for 3 weeks early last year and its seemed to be within 20 seconds on the last day of the 22 days, less than +/- 1spd.
Failing that my C60 quartz is always within a minute or 2 at the end of approx a year and it gets rarely worn and abused when it does. The rest... no idea 😁
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
johncolescarr
Expert
Expert

Post by johncolescarr »

My most accurate watch is my cheapest and my lightest, a Certina ds Action chronometer, with ETA HAQ movement. I’ve owned for 2 months and it hasn’t moved from atomic time. I guess I will have to see if it keeps for the period between DST as it doesn’t have an independent hour hand. Being all titanium on bracelet it weighs 91g and it’s not small. I’m loving it as I snapped it up for £150
Dress C63 36mm
Dive C C63 36mm
Fly C63 36mm
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Deks »

My best is the AM GT Vev1 274 movement. Accurate to less than a second a month
My best automatic is my second hand C60 mk2 trident GMT which I bought off Ferg and is amazingly more accurate to all my newer CW watches. After a day and a half wearing it in my rotation its still within a second which is extraordinary!
thomcat00
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by thomcat00 »

I don’t have a meter to check my watches but I do use the time.gov clock to compare. My most accurate mechanicals are my C65 Sandstorm, which is COSC, and my C60 GMT. Until recently, my Anthropocene was doing quite well, but lately it seems to be slowing.

My most accurate is a Lunar Pilot. Though I have only had it since earlier this year I’ve checked it monthly and it is only off about 1 sec total in the last six months. Pretty pleased with that one.
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

thomcat00 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:26 am I don’t have a meter to check my watches but I do use the time.gov clock to compare. My most accurate mechanicals are my C65 Sandstorm, which is COSC, and my C60 GMT. Until recently, my Anthropocene was doing quite well, but lately it seems to be slowing.

My most accurate is a Lunar Pilot. Though I have only had it since earlier this year I’ve checked it monthly and it is only off about 1 sec total in the last six months. Pretty pleased with that one.
The movement in the Lunar Pilot is really good. Temperature compensated too.

I use an app called WatchTracker when I am doing timing runs. It allows you to add a data point whenever and does all of the math in the background for you. You can always see the rate for a given run and it also calculates a spread across all runs. I find it a better representation than a timegrapher because it measures real world use not just one position at a time.

You can also download all of the data to a spreadsheet if you want to do your own hand analysis.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London