Do you wear more than one watch in a day

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Re: Do you wear more than one watch in a day

Post by iain »

Oh yes all the time. I started when my wife bought me a watch as an engagement gift, I would wear my cheap one in the day and swap of an evening.

I still have that engagement watch but it’s been well worn and seen better days. Now the battery has died it just sits in a box with the battery removed.

I still always swap my watch when I get home to something different and on weekends I’ve been known to swap twice.....
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by exHowfener »

Yes I do. I wear a watch while out gardening and change to another when I get home. Sometimes I wear my bronze watch just to expose it to the elements and see what that does to the patina. But I also will wear the same watch for days on end, depends where I'm going and what I'm doing. Just as I would wear different boots/shoes for different things.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Yes.

Although the change is generally not linked to undertaking a different activity. It is highly likely I will just change from one do it all SS watch on a bracelet to another.

The exception would be changing to a more dressy style watch if I was going out for a nice meal etc..

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by StrapMeister »

Not usually, that is, during the week.
I tend to wake up in the morning, 3S's, get dressed and decide on a matching watch to go with my attire. I then will wear that for the whole day. (Today was the C65 SC OB)
However, there are a couple of exceptions, for example...
I have a couple of dress watches that have no lume so, if I wear one of them during the day, I'm likely to change to something else for the evening.
The other occasion is at weekends, when I'll wear a beater for car mechanics or gardening duty and then switch to something nice for the evening.
ciclismosam
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by ciclismosam »

I often wear a couple of watches each day. I tend to have a watch that I put on when I wake up to get me through the work day. I often will swap to something else in the evening when I am just lounging around the house.
Family CWLs: C1 Grand Malvern Moonphase, C1 Worldtimer, C5 Malvern Quartz in Purple, C900 Single Pusher 148/250
My CWLs: C3 Mk II Malvern in Green, C3 2017 FLE 31/50, C60 51 Squadron Trident 300
https://www.instagram.com/thesambrower/
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

I did today! CW Trident Vintage for work. Switched to my Seiko digital this afternoon.
Drew
ciclismosam
Guru
Guru

Post by ciclismosam »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:Not usually. I tend to wear the same watch for several days.
Interesting you say that AVO. I tend to do something both similar and different.

I have my “work” watches; Tudor, Sinn, Hager, now Bremont as well and I tend to stick to one of those for a week before swapping to a different one.

At the same time there is everything else which I wear in the evenings after work or on weekends. I again tend to have 1-2 at a time I’ll wear for a week or so before rotating to something different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Family CWLs: C1 Grand Malvern Moonphase, C1 Worldtimer, C5 Malvern Quartz in Purple, C900 Single Pusher 148/250
My CWLs: C3 Mk II Malvern in Green, C3 2017 FLE 31/50, C60 51 Squadron Trident 300
https://www.instagram.com/thesambrower/
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

I don’t wear a watch to work, leaves a few hours each day to enjoy the one.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
thomcat00
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by thomcat00 »

As I’ve been home for longer than a year, I swap on whim. Sometimes it is multiple times in a day. Sometimes I wear the same watch multiple days. I’m a little bored and a little broke. :)
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair
Dickchins
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by Dickchins »

I tend to swap once during the day. Usually only work days though.
Usually a quartz for work, for accuracy, or maybe a lesser expensive watch in case it takes a knock.

On rest days or after work, I like to change to something a bit nicer just to minimise the risk to better watches. My Zero West is my weapon of choice for rest days!