The Golf Topic

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Re: The Golf Topic

Post by ajax87 »

Bogey-bogey on my first two. First round in 3 years! I’ll let you know how the rest goes...

741A095F-9625-4E95-B50F-3954BCEFAB32.jpeg
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by ajax87 »

Also decided to wear a watch golfing for the first time after a recent thread here. Really throwing caution to the wind today.

75AF7A8C-D731-4FD7-979F-FEF43FC50158.jpeg
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

ajax87 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:54 pm Bogey-bogey on my first two. First round in 3 years! I’ll let you know how the rest goes...

741A095F-9625-4E95-B50F-3954BCEFAB32.jpeg
Only on the first 2? I can do that virtually every hole and I've been playing for years :D :oops:
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by magicman »

ajax87 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:54 pm Bogey-bogey on my first two. First round in 3 years! I’ll let you know how the rest goes...
That would be a dream Start for me.

Regards Steve
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by ajax87 »

^^^ Thanks guys. Ended up +9 for 9 holes. A solid day of bogey golf with 1 double and 1 par. Can’t complain.
Alex
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Well done Alex. Smart to stop after 9 before you started thinking! :lol:
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by ajax87 »

Thanks, though the reason for stopping at 9 was more body failure than anything! I hadn’t used those muscles in quite a while. My wife actually quit after 8.5 holes :lol:
Alex
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

I was on on a roll yesterday. Had my low round of the season at 78. Pretty consistent as it was a 39 both out and in. Irons weren't so good, but short game was the savior. It was a bit of a strange round from a statistical point of view. Hit 13 fairways, but only 6 GIR and 3 of those were par 3's! I had no birdies, yet only 26 putts including 1 sand save.

Then off to my league match...

The sad part was that the league was cancelled after 6 holes due to thunderstorms. I was only 1 over at that point and up 3-1.

Playing a 2 day club tournament this coming weekend. Hope I have some of this game still in the bag.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by sproughton »

Continuing my new foray into golf, I played 9 holes after work yesterday.

Lots of highs and lows and unsurprisingly my achilles heel is consistency. Three pars, two birdies and four holes where I decided not to count :lol:

Highlight of the day: driver to a 299 yard green
Lowlight of the day: Initial drive off that hole went 45 degrees to the left and waaaay out of bounds!
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by stefs »

sproughton wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:44 am Continuing my new foray into golf, I played 9 holes after work yesterday.

Lots of highs and lows and unsurprisingly my achilles heel is consistency. Three pars, two birdies and four holes where I decided not to count :lol:

Lowlight of the day: Initial drive off that hole went 45 degrees to the left and waaaay out of bounds!
If you have only literally just started playing and in 9 holes you hit 3 pars and 2 birdies and have the swing and clubhead speed to hit a 299 yd green then you should pack up the day job and play golf as you must have some serious talent :thumbup:
FS zenith Chronomaster Original and Bremont Solo or trade for 5 digit Sub.
Cheers now, Paul
sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by sproughton »

stefs wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:59 am
If you have only literally just started playing and in 9 holes you hit 3 pars and 2 birdies and have the swing and clubhead speed to hit a 299 yd green then you should pack up the day job and play golf as you must have some serious talent :thumbup:
Have spent quite a bit of time at the driving range over the last year so I can strike the ball fairly well - real issue with anything that isn't a full swing though.

Plus I lost two balls off the first tee :shock:
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by magicman »

Tried out the "Magic Elbow" at the range today, got an extra 10 yards out of each club.
And hit it straighter than usual, the joy of learning golf on YouTube.

Regards Steve
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

Game is finally starting to come around with all aspects getting in sync. Played my league last night +2 after nine with a birdy. All in all a solid round. Highlight - last hole I floated my tee shot to the right. Punched back into the fairway for an 80 yard wedge into the green. Hit the pin on the approach for a tap in par. Best save I have had in a while.

EDIT - hope this isn't an omen for the rest of the season! Just noticed the post above was the devil's post - 666 :shock:
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

sproughton wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:44 am ... Three pars, two birdies and four holes where I decided not to count :lol:

Kip wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:26 am I was on on a roll yesterday. Had my low round of the season at 78. Pretty consistent as it was a 39 both out and in. Irons weren't so good, but short game was the savior. It was a bit of a strange round from a statistical point of view. Hit 13 fairways, but only 6 GIR and 3 of those were par 3's! I had no birdies, yet only 26 putts including 1 sand save.

Then off to my league match...

The sad part was that the league was cancelled after 6 holes due to thunderstorms. I was only 1 over at that point and up 3-1.

Playing a 2 day club tournament this coming weekend. Hope I have some of this game still in the bag.
rkovars wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:26 pm Played my league last night +2 after nine with a birdy. All in all a solid round. Highlight - last hole I floated my tee shot to the right. Punched back into the fairway for an 80 yard wedge into the green. Hit the pin on the approach for a tap in par. Best save I have had in a while.
Gents, all I can say is that you're playing different golf to me.....driving 300yards onto a green, 2 under for 5 of 9 holes, hitting 13 fairways and just 26 putts, 2 over after 9 holes :shock:
I think I need to start playing tiddlywinks instead of the golf I'm playing.
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Mikkei4 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:20 pm
Gents, all I can say is that you're playing different golf to me.....driving 300yards onto a green, 2 under for 5 of 9 holes, hitting 13 fairways and just 26 putts, 2 over after 9 holes :shock:
I think I need to start playing tiddlywinks instead of the golf I'm playing.
Mick, as Michael Jackson sang "you are not alone, I am here with you....."

From a fellow hacker :lol:
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way