Watches in bed

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Re: Watches in bed

Post by exHowfener »

it’s always one of my rough and tumble ones I don’t mind getting scratched.
The mind boggles ... but, please DON'T elaborate!
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
johncolescarr
Expert
Expert

Post by johncolescarr »

exHowfener wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:34 am
it’s always one of my rough and tumble ones I don’t mind getting scratched.
The mind boggles ... but, please DON'T elaborate!
:oops: :lol:
Dress C63 36mm
Dive C C63 36mm
Fly C63 36mm
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by strapline »

So...no major mishaps here as I thought might be the case. A mix of yay's and nay's with more saying yay than I imagined. As much as I like a nice watch, I do not want a machine on my person when I close my eyes. Going to sleep should be about trying to recreate an almost womb-like state. A darkened room, no watch, no TV and certainly not a mobile under the pillow ready to be activated first thing in the morning or, worse still, during the night. :lol:
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

No watch for me anymore. I used to leave them on, but now make a point of taking them off after whacking my GS on the metal part of the headboard.

Nothing exciting unfortunately for me, just a flailing arm.
Ryan
ciclismosam
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by ciclismosam »

I have gotten in the habit of wearing a watch to bed since the advent of sleep tracking, which I get through my Garmin Fenix 6s or Apple watch. Honestly I mostly use the apple watch for exercise & sleep tracking and the Garmin for outdoors adventuring and sleep tracking. However, every once in awhile I just don't bother putting one of those watches on and end up falling asleep in whatever watch I was wearing. This is something I wouldn't have done before the sleep tracking but now feels normal to me.
Family CWLs: C1 Grand Malvern Moonphase, C1 Worldtimer, C5 Malvern Quartz in Purple, C900 Single Pusher 148/250
My CWLs: C3 Mk II Malvern in Green, C3 2017 FLE 31/50, C60 51 Squadron Trident 300
https://www.instagram.com/thesambrower/
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

I never used to regularly wear a watch in bed, mostly only on trips etc, but in recent years, I do.

I think the change relates to the time I choose which watch to wear. When I worked, I would usually pick a watch when I woke up in the morning, so wearing one to bed seemed pointless and I usually but it back in the box at night; so not even on the bedside table.

Since I’ve retired, I’ve taken to choosing my watch in the evening, last thing before I go to sleep. The ritual usually involves charging the lume so I can see it during the night, as rolling over and lifting my head up to look at the bedside clock rouses me sufficiently that it takes me some time to go back to sleep. A quick glance at the watch on my wrist (usually near my face when I sleep) is not enough to really disturb my slumber, so I drop off back to sleep pretty much straight away.

So yes, bedtime watch wearing is normal for me - now....
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
robbo1982

Post by robbo1982 »

Never in bed... No point for me. I like a lume watch on the bedside but tend to agree with most folks here re selection in the morning etc. Plus I have so many I mainly need to wind up first thing !

Sent from my XQ-AS52 using Tapatalk

thomcat00
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by thomcat00 »

No watch in bed for me. Not that I really fear it happening but I cracked an LCD watch while sleeping when I was a teen.
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair