Watches in bed

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Re: Watches in bed

Post by iain »

strapline wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:46 pm Hope you didn't mind me quoting you, Ian, it could have been from a number of posts of recent. And, incidentally, if I had your El Primero I might never take it off, certainly when staying in hotels. :lol:
I don’t mind being quoted at all, in fact I’m pleased my inane ramblings can be seen as inspiration for a new thread.

It’s interested you specifically pick out my El Primero. That is the one watch I don’t wear in bed as it has little lume. I’ve put a photo over in the lume shot if the day thread if you wanted to see how it looks in the dark.
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Nope. I don't wear a watch in bed. Never really have done.

Even the lume argument fails on me as:-

1. Once I've taken my glasses off anything close up is too out of focus and

2. I have an electric digital alarm clock with 5cm tall red illuminated numerals.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by strapline »

iain wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 3:26 pm
strapline wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:46 pm Hope you didn't mind me quoting you, Ian, it could have been from a number of posts of recent. And, incidentally, if I had your El Primero I might never take it off, certainly when staying in hotels. :lol:
I don’t mind being quoted at all, in fact I’m pleased my inane ramblings can be seen as inspiration for a new thread.

It’s interested you specifically pick out my El Primero. That is the one watch I don’t wear in bed as it has little lume. I’ve put a photo over in the lume shot if the day thread if you wanted to see how it looks in the dark.
Love the El Primero it is an amazing chronograph, one of the finest watches out there IMHO. If I owned one I'm not sure I'd ever take it off, and the lume would not be a factor.

Des :wave:
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?
suicidal_orange
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by suicidal_orange »

I used to wear my watch in bed at school/uni but that was a very small and very round watch. After uni for whatever reason I stopped wearing a watch for maybe 4 years (going by my join date here) and I've only worn one in bed since when I've forgotten to take it off (randomly after a couple of nights out and last week after doing my first ever night shifts)

It would be a good idea to wear one when I'm on earlies and have to get up while it's still dark as I have no visible clock but for whatever reason adult me has it in his head that a wrist should be allowed to breathe, even after seeing no ill effects in his youth.
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by stefs »

Always. In fact I am pretty much never without a watch on my wrist
FS Bremont solo 37
Cheers now, Paul
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by exHowfener »

I have slept with a watch on my wrist on occasions, most usually when camping or staying in hostels on a hike. Generally speaking I don’t. I take my watch off and put it on the bedside table. At home I have a radio controlled alarm with a very good display
I've quoted this as it's pretty much my experience, I'm semi-retired so if it's dark I don't need to get up!
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by kiter65 »

No, I can’t ever recall wearing a watch in bed
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

I think the famous Marilyn Monroe quote needs to appear here, along the lines of wearing nothing in bed apart from Chanel no 5 :lol:

I never wear a watch in bed, goes in a drawer until the next day.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
gannet
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by gannet »

Another in the no camp here. In a drawer or on the bedside table for me :D
-- gannet.
C65 AMGT 1VEV | C60 Trident Chronograph 300 | C7 Rapide Automatic | C7 Rapide Quartz | C3 Malvern Chronograph MK II -Limited Edition
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

I have, on occasions, worn a watch whilst sleeping. Usually when away from home, with no bedside clock or place to safely place my watch. I am loathe to do it though as I once scratched my eyebrow with the bracelet of a watch, whilst doing so!
Steve.
nburgess
Guru
Guru

Post by nburgess »

Never wear one in bed - as never felt the need (always prefer having a (very dimmed) bedside clock. And as others have stated, I'd forever be whacking it against the wooden headboard or bedside table if I were to wear one.
The only time I do keep one on is when camping and I've got the G-Shock on.
Neil
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

scooter wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 9:30 am I do not feel the need to wear a watch in bed so never have.

Can't recall ever been interested in the lume of a watch either.

scooter
I'm aligned with scooter on this one
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by tikkathree »

Back in my pre-watch days I took off my watch after getting home from work on Friday evening and didn't look at it again until Monday morning.

Now? Would I wear a watch in bed? That'd be considered (a) rude and (b) potentially scratchy so absolutely no. Unless and only if I needed to be woken early by an alarm in which circumstance it'd be my Omega X33.
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
johncolescarr
Expert
Expert

Post by johncolescarr »

I always wear a watch in bed as I like to be able to tell the time without fumbling around on the bed side table and I don’t have an alarm clock.

I will caveat this with the fact I never wear my dress watch in bed, or really in the house at all, it’s always one of my rough and tumble ones I don’t mind getting scratched.

In fact the only time I don’t wear a watch is in the shower, this is a definite no no for me, but always on bed.
Dress C63 36mm
Dive C C63 36mm
Fly C63 36mm
malvern_man
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by malvern_man »

I've never worn a watch in bed, and never will.
CWL - C60 Trident Pro ~ Orange Bezel - C60-TRI-SKCSI
CWL - C60 Trident Pro 600 ~ C60-42-AUTO-SKRT
CWL - C11 Makaira Pro 500 ~ C11-MAK-SKOSI
CWL - C11 Titanium Extreme 1000 Limited Edition ~ C11-COSC-EXT-TKV-SI