Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Re: Jigsaw

Post by kiter65 »

downer wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:48 pm
kiter65 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:34 pm Maybe I’m getting over protective about my jigsaw but I’m now 55 years old and I think this is the first time I’ve ever won a competition :lol: and I will treasure it for ever :thumbup:
That's how you'd hope all the winners would feel... :thumbup:
Richard, it will probably take me forever to complete it but I’m determined :D
theemaadhatter
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 8

Post by theemaadhatter »

CW is using the puzzles in a variety of ways, including giving some away at the CWE Facebook group (just being despatched from what I can tell) and offering them with purchases at the Windup Watch Shop. So who knows where puzzles might be coming from. Probably best to not jump to conclusions.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-05-21 at 4.08.09 PM.JPG
TMH (https://watchcomplications.com)
"it is maddening choosing your outfit based on the watch you want to wear..."
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

Not only does the eBay listing in question mention AVO, it also says that as far as the lister knows, there are only 7 in existence. Exactly 7 people won one here on the forum.

I think it’s safe to say the OP is correct. Based on the spelling and language, not sure they’d have the skill to research it and find this forum otherwise.

I guess maybe someone who won it gave it as a gift, but I mean mentioning AVO and the seven... not really jumping to conclusions if you ask me.

Edit: it actually does look like it was listed without having it in Possession, and it’s been mentioned elsewhere these are just now being shipped out... so not likely given as a gift :lol:
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by kiter65 »

ajax87 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 9:33 pm Not only does the eBay listing in question mention AVO, it also says that as far as the lister knows, there are only 7 in existence. Exactly 7 people won one here on the forum.

I think it’s safe to say the OP is correct. Based on the spelling and language, not sure they’d have the skill to research it and find this forum otherwise.

I guess maybe someone who won it gave it as a gift, but I mean mentioning AVO and the seven... not really jumping to conclusions if you ask me.

Edit: it actually does look like it was listed without having it in Possession, and it’s been mentioned elsewhere these are just now being shipped out... so not likely given as a gift :lol:
Cheers Alex
I rest my case....that is all from the prosecution :lol:
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Well I'm not Spartacus (not guilty) :lol:

I got my dispatch notice too for delivery Monday. It looks like it will be a tough jigsaw to complete, might have to enlist the help of my mother, she likes to take on 1000 piece jigsaw puzzles 8)
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

£170 asking price!!!
Puzzling.
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

The seller also cites AVO as the designer of the jigsaw rather than the crossword.
He’s a busy boy, our AVO.
Should rename him as Avo Vincent Omnipresent.

EF6BE14B-524E-4099-A6C4-AED735AAFFCE.png
Steve.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

kiter65 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:38 pm One in the US :shock: is Kip cashing in :lol:
Nope...not me. I don't have have one. :(
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

To quote the ebay ad "Their is very few around". Steve (AVO) will be not be dishing out a pass mark for that piece of prose :shock:
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by exHowfener »

I will treasure it for ever :thumbup:
That's what they always say on Antiques Roadshow ... just before they phone the auction house!

Curious that if only seven have been made, one is en route to the crossword winner and two are on the Bay, are ANY actually being used and enjoyed?
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

Thegreyman wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 11:14 pm To quote the ebay ad "Their is very few around". Steve (AVO) will be not be dishing out a pass mark for that piece of prose :shock:
A real sleuth would compare the incorrect language with posts on the forum...
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Could someone who has an eBay account (I don’t) report it for misrepresentation and incorrect description?
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrappedUp »

exHowfener wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:35 am
I will treasure it for ever :thumbup:
That's what they always say on Antiques Roadshow ... just before they phone the auction house!

Curious that if only seven have been made, one is en route to the crossword winner and two are on the Bay, are ANY actually being used and enjoyed?
I think CW have made more than 7 jigsaws, but there were 7 winners from the forum crossword.

It looks like they have just started shipping, so we should be getting them from next week.
Mine is actually out for delivery today, but I won't be there to receive it so will have re-schedule for next week.
Ryan
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

I can’t remember the exact number they made, but from the initial conversations we had there were more than seven. I’m sure that some of them were earmarked for gifting to other contacts as prizes, and they kindly offered the seven to Kip for us to use as prizes on the forum.

The eBay seller does not have to be one of our seven winners. He or she might have obtained the puzzle through another source. What is fairly obvious, however, is that the seller has read about the competition we held here on the forum. Most of the forum is visible to casual surfers, except for sales corner and the odd restricted admin area, so it doesn’t even need to be a logged in member.

Edit: it got a mention in the winter edition of Loupe which was published at the end of October. The seller could easily have won it or been given it elsewhere and dug up some details here, which he or she then misinterpreted. I would hope so, anyway.

5E1F41D4-3A4D-4048-ADB4-24CA05FC56D5.jpeg
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thermexman »

Mine was meant to arrive on Monday but I've just had an update that it's arriving today. Thankfully, my wife will be in.
(I won mine on the FB CWE group.) Glad that I had two irons in the fire. :)

Mrs Thermexman took one look at the picture of the jigsaw and laughed out loud. Apparently I'm going to struggle with this one 'cos I "dont do jigsaws!" Yeah, we'll see Mrs T. :problem:
Steve.