Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Re: The watch weigh-in

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

I generally like a fair bit of heft to my watches, but am not averse to something lighter.

As Neil (@nbg) has alluded to, its more a case of balance and, for example, I find my two heavyweights (details in a moment) wear more comfortably than some lighter but still heavy pieces e.g. C60 Apex on bracelet, due to their case shape and the way they sit on my wrist.

As to my light / heavy watches we have a Tag Team contest with;-

. . . in the Red corner the Marathon Brothers of Navigator (composite case on NATO) at 62g or less with CSAR* at 241g on bracelet, and

. . . in the Blue corner, Lorus Sport (aluminium case on NATO) at 46g with Oris Aquis S/Secs, Date at 237g on bracelet.

*Chronograph Search and Rescue.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
richtel
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 8

Post by richtel »

This is precisely why the CW half-link question has been key for me. The fit of the watch is largely dependent on how well I can get the bracelet adjusted- and the implications that has for on-the-fly microadjust to account for daily or seasonal differences.

With a bracelet just a tiny touch too loose, the additional heft of a stainless diver with the bracelet will irritatingly make it drop down to my hand- especially when cold- where a lighter titanium watch might not. In warmer environments, the weight will have much less of a bearing.
Rich

"The bad news is that time flies. The good news is that you're the pilot."
Noush
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Noush »

My work watch today was the Phoibos, a 300m NH35 diver. The numbers that matter - 41/47/13.5mm and 99g on a tropical rubber strap.
It's a relatively thick watch head with a lighter strap. I have some awareness it is on my skinny wrist but not much.
After work, the Formex Essence. The numbers - 39/45/10mm and 124g on bracelet. It disappears on wrist. All in the balance I think. I wouldn't say either is looser/tighter in the fit.
Chris
"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans" : John Lennon.
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

I had to laugh at Kip's comment about the Speedhawk! When I owned it (on bracelet) there was no doubt it was on your wrist!!

My collection ranges from 84g (Panerai on strap) to 182g (C60 MK3 on bracelet)

Weight is a non-issue for me it's all about how the watch looks and wears on my wrist
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Viognier wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:30 pm I had to laugh at Kip's comment about the Speedhawk! When I owned it (on bracelet) there was no doubt it was on your wrist!!

My collection ranges from 84g (Panerai on strap) to 182g (C60 MK3 on bracelet)

Weight is a non-issue for me it's all about how the watch looks and wears on my wrist
Looks like the MK3 is a bit lighter than the MK2 - which is a great improvement.

Sized to my 6.75-7” wrist the MK2 is 191g.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK