Record Player recommendations & questions

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: Record Player recommendations & questions

Post by JAFO »

Success, Great news.

So I guess in time it's going to be whether you feel it worth the upgrade from the Ion to the AT. There's certainly a biggish price difference, and at those levels it's like watches, or maybe beer, wine and spirits, and indeed most things. The AT list price is at least two or three times that of the ION, so you should notice a marked improvement. As you get to higher and higher prices, you need to spend more and more for relatively smaller improvements.
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

JAFO wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:29 pm Success, Great news.

So I guess in time it's going to be whether you feel it worth the upgrade from the Ion to the AT. There's certainly a biggish price difference, and at those levels it's like watches, or maybe beer, wine and spirits, and indeed most things. The AT list price is at least two or three times that of the ION, so you should notice a marked improvement. As you get to higher and higher prices, you need to spend more and more for relatively smaller improvements.
If I’m consistently listening to albums multiple times a week, I’ll start to consider an upgrade. The goal is to use the turntable to transform some patterns of behavior - put on an album instead of turn on the TV. We’ll see!
Drew
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

UPDATE….

I never followed up with this thread! I wound up buying a Fluance RT8, and I love it! It’s a HUGE improvement over the Ion.
Drew
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Leon O »

Glad to hear you found a solution for your new hobby :) Be warned, the world of high fidelity can be very addictive. :D
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi