Restless night & the beginnings of a watch collection......

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Restless night & the beginnings of a watch collection......

Post by Richard D »

Restless night, can’t sleep so what does one do but mull over a watch collection and wonder what might follow next, but I’m also be reminded of where it all began for me.

In 2005 I bought a TAG Autavia, model CY2111 for £960. This was followed in 2007 by a TAG Monaco, calibre 17 for £1100, then in 2012 an Omega Railmaster CK 2914 for £3450. In February 2013 I bought a Copernicus Flagship Regulator for £1100, which was followed a month later by an Omega Planet Ocean 2500 for £2200. I made my sixth purchase in the June, a CW C900 Harrison Single Pusher Calibre JJ02 for £2450. Then in the same month I bought a Rolex GMT Master ii 116710 LN, Calibre 3186 for £4200. In July 2013 I came home with an Omega Professional Speedmaster, Moon Watch, for which I paid £2200. Eight watches that formed the beginnings of my watch collection. Many other watches have followed but these eight I can honestly say remain very special to me.

9CC70A39-FFC0-4AFF-8BBE-EEDAF27D8700.jpeg
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
scampbell61
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

Re: Restless night & the beginnings of a watch collection......

Post by scampbell61 »

Watch before last was purchased at 3:15 a.m. on a sleepless night. Need to be reading a book instead of my phone.
Stewart
“Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.” ― Eric Hoffer

C65 -Dune, C63-Sealander GMT, C60 Atoll 300 “Shark White”, Twelve, and C65 Chronograph
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 3

Post by missF »

Sandstorm was bought in the middle of a sleepless night. It’s when I do some of my best thinking!

Richard, it looks like your rate of watch acquisition picked up pretty quickly over those years!
watching you fail in your quest for a “one watch” has been great entertainment
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

^^^^ I too do my best thinking late into the night. I now seem to enjoy ordering watches in threes followed by a fallow year, 2021 is such a year. Before Christmas I placed an order for three TRIBUS watches.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

An interesting analysis there, Richard. Your core collection of eight is absolutely superb. :clap:

I tend to think about watch purchases before I make them, and I usually make them during daylight hours. Having slowed down considerably, I have only bought two in the last couple of years. I may feel the beginnings of an itch in the spring or summer, of course.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

scampbell61 wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:07 am Watch before last was purchased at 3:15 a.m. on a sleepless night. Need to be reading a book instead of my phone.
Easy done. :D
Richard

Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:39 amI may feel the beginnings of an itch in the spring or summer, of course.
Where do you think an itch might take you?
Richard

Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Richard - so you didn't make the purchases of your core eight in the wee small hours, merely that you were mulling them over.

My girlfriend is a bit of an insomniac, having nights when she can't get to sleep or, alternatively, wakes at 3:00am and that's it.

To put a humorous spin on the subject she sent me this a few days ago;-

Personally? I go to bed. Go to sleep. Wake up. Get up.

As to musing over my collection. Occasionally.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Richard D wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:57 am
Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:39 amI may feel the beginnings of an itch in the spring or summer, of course.
Where do you think an itch might take you?
I’ll let you know when the time comes to scratch it. :wink:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

^^^^ don’t scratch too long as that can be painful.
Richard

Molan
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Molan »

Richard D wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:19 am ^^^^ I too do my best thinking late into the night. I now seem to enjoy ordering watches in threes followed by a fallow year, 2021 is such a year. Before Christmas I placed an order for three TRIBUS watches.
Were they the three you had a hand in setting up Richard or did you order others as well?
About 6 Christopher Wards, Omega, Tudor, Halios, Breitling, Bremont, Rado, TAG Heuer, Nomos, Hamilton, Sternglas