scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: Coronavirus Vaccine.

Post by Robotaz »

I’m signing off at two weeks after my second shot. No concerns if I need boosters or anything. I think the mRNA vaccines are modern miracles.

Good health to you all.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Robotaz wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:19 pm Five days later I just feel old and rickety after the shot. A cross between mild flu and a body hangover.
My wife and I had similar reactions to the first jab in Feb. Second jab is set for May, 3 months to the day after. We were surprised at the reaction - as we never had a reaction to the flu jab - at least it shows it's doing something. We think the chance of being ill from the vaccine is far less than the change of being ill from the virus itself. I get very bad hay fever, and I don't think my adverse reaction was a pollen allergy.

Good luck anyway.
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 23

Post by Deks »

My reaction to my first pfzier jab was my head feeling like it was pressurised and would burst. It only lasted a short while but the next day me head felt horrible again then after that I was fine. I have friends who have died from covid so these minor reactions to me are nothing compared to the risk of long covid and the chance of death or organ failure
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Robotaz »

JAFO wrote:
Robotaz wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:19 pm Five days later I just feel old and rickety after the shot. A cross between mild flu and a body hangover.
My wife and I had similar reactions to the first jab in Feb. Second jab is set for May, 3 months to the day after. We were surprised at the reaction - as we never had a reaction to the flu jab - at least it shows it's doing something. We think the chance of being ill from the vaccine is far less than the change of being ill from the virus itself. I get very bad hay fever, and I don't think my adverse reaction was a pollen allergy.

Good luck anyway.
The second shot had no similar effect on me, so I’m marking up my effects as allergies. Oddly, it appears my allergies started flaring up the day of the first shot.
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Deks »

Im praying the current injections keep us protected. Im so worried that the new variants and those we will soon discover will rend our injections ineffective
treyford
Guru
Guru

Post by treyford »

Just like scooter, had my second dose of AZ this afternoon and hope that the push to vaccinate everyone keeps going strong, I would like to get back to a normal like without masks and social distancing.
Treyford
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by kiter65 »

One of my customers came into store just over a week ago, could hardly walk, saw him again today, still struggling, he went to the doctors, rushed to hospital, blood clot in his leg. He had the injection about 6 weeks ago, he is convinced it was caused by the injection, who knows, but he said he is not going to have his second one.
I will still have mine come June
paw3001
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4
LE-two: yes

Post by paw3001 »

kiter65 wrote:One of my customers came into store just over a week ago, could hardly walk, saw him again today, still struggling, he went to the doctors, rushed to hospital, blood clot in his leg. He had the injection about 6 weeks ago, he is convinced it was caused by the injection, who knows, but he said he is not going to have his second one.
I will still have mine come June
Very unlikely if it was 5/6 weeks post jab. He should ask his Haematologist on what they thing could be the cause. In any case, he will now be on AntiCoagulation to treat the clot and so any risk with the second jab will be minute!

Blood clots do happen naturally and are surprisingly common in the scheme of thing, about 104 DVT per 100,000 I believe in the UK. Cause more deaths than breast cancer, car accidents and HIV combined
Watches - Too many but not enough!
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by kiter65 »

^^^^ agree but you know people can convince themselves of anything, he’s more worried about cutting himself at the moment :shock:
Would add that this is just workmen telling me stories in store, if I take notice of everything they tell me I wouldn’t leave my house :lol:
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrappedUp »

Have my first jab tomorrow.

Appear to be pushing on at a rate of knots now.
Ryan
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Deks »

Hopefully the doubters will start to see the benefit of having the jab. Its the variants that worry me and I hope we dont open up too fast before more people get theirs
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Deks »

Second jab done. Just waiting with the 15 timer before I can leave. Straight in what a service! Just waiting for the side effects now. The last time was a bad headache for a day and the head feeling like it wanted to explode!
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Deks »

I think its about 3 weeks for maximum efficacy then hopefully I can feel safer and things will start returning to some normality as long as we can keep the new variants off our shores. Fat chance I think
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by magicman »

1 death in the UK yesterday, from Coronavirus.
We are beating this thing, so why's this not the biggest headline news.

Regards Steve
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39