Coronavirus Vaccine.

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Re: Coronavirus Vaccine.

Post by iain »

magicman wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:00 am 1 death in the UK yesterday, from Coronavirus.
We are beating this thing, so why's this not the biggest headline news.

Regards Steve
It’s probably not reported as headline news as deaths aren’t always recorded immediately. With it being a bank holiday then more than one will have died yesterday but not yet been registered.

However I take your point that it’s certainly heading in the right direction.
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by tikkathree »

My wife had her second AZ six days ago and has had five days of feeling less than ideal: waking feeling wobbly but not dizzy, what I'd call "low mood" pretty much all day but sleeping through the afternoons and evenings. Feeling much more normal today. I've got my second Pfizer on Friday.
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
malvern_man
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by malvern_man »

I had my second AZ jab yesterday (5th May) all good at the moment, my arm doesn't even hurt half as much as it did from the first jab.
CWL - C60 Trident Pro ~ Orange Bezel - C60-TRI-SKCSI
CWL - C60 Trident Pro 600 ~ C60-42-AUTO-SKRT
CWL - C11 Makaira Pro 500 ~ C11-MAK-SKOSI
CWL - C11 Titanium Extreme 1000 Limited Edition ~ C11-COSC-EXT-TKV-SI
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 23

Post by Deks »

One week since my second Pfizer jab and no side effects whatsoever. Supposedly 95٪ efficacy now against serious side effects or hospitalisation!
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

^^^^ That’s encouraging as I get my second Pfizer jab tomorrow morning.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Deks »

Good luck Richard you will be fine 👍
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

Second jab done. Thank you BMW, MINI & Alphabet for supporting the NHS, the vaccination centre could not have been better organised.

BF45C167-3898-4201-9A96-622842A2FE30.jpeg
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Deks »

👍👍👍
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Update and slight thread revival I guess, as more and more of us are now getting a second dose.

I had mine (AZ) on Saturday. I was in and out in about 10 minutes, though I had to sit in the car for a quarter of an hour as advised by the nurses before driving home.

Last time, in March, I also had it on a Saturday and by the evening had a headache. I felt pretty awful all day Sunday; not especially ill, but just achy and hung over. A bit annoying as I had had nothing alcoholic to drink. I still wasn’t great on the Monday and had a sore arm for most of the week.

This time I appear to have had no effect whatsoever. There is hardly any soreness in the arm, I’ve had no headache, and not felt especially tired. :D

Now, where’s that Greek beach?

THANK YOU, NHS! :thumbup: :clap:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

My wife and I attended a dinner party Saturday night where all the guests were vaccinated. It felt incredibly good to be close to people and share a table with out masks. And the hugging! I forgot how much I missed hugging people. The host is a dear friend and former coworker. I hadn’t seen her nor her husband in probably a year and a half.

All this made possible by the vaccine!
Drew
suicidal_orange
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by suicidal_orange »

The best offer I had was first appointment in my hometown and the second 40 miles away somewhere I've never heard of, so I left it for a couple of days to see if things improved. Since then I can't get a first within 25 miles of home which seems very strange as I live in a really old (population age) part of the country so most people should already have had theirs.
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by exHowfener »

Had my second just over twp weeks ago (AZ) and the on;y unwanted effect was a sore arm for a couple of days. Interestingly, my sister was shopping near a Covid vaccine centre and was offered a jab, though declined as already booked in. That was in Bolton.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

Second jab done. Hopefully I will escape any side effects this time, fingers crossed.
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

First jab last week. Team Moderna!
Second not until August...which I am happy to wait for.

I fully expected an aching arm and it lasted for 3 days with no other side effects fortunately. The arm though! One day I couldn't raise it without feeling quite a high level of pain. Small price to pay to move forward as an inoculated nation though and thanks to all involved :thumbup:.
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

Significant announcement today, the UK government has reported zero daily Covid deaths within 28 days of a positive test for the first time since March 2020.
Richard