Autumn Rugby challenge cup

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
jimbo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Autumn Rugby challenge cup

Post by jimbo »

Is this a waste of time for the players?

It is turning into a mini 6 Nations, devoid however of atmosphere because of the lack of crowds.

Fiji not playing yet has been a disaster, as I thought they may well upset a couple of the "home nations"

Georgia and Italy, along with Fiji may have produced some games against each other worth watching.

The England/Ireland match was strange in the defence England made, hardly had the ball, and two 50/50 chance scores put them away. Did we learn anything about them? no. They should have used this to test new player, and drop those not likely to play in the next world cup.

Same for Ireland, they have an aging team, especially forwards.

Wales looked unconvincing against Georgia in terrible conditions, but at least they had unknown players on the park.

France look to me like the team most likely to win the world cup next time round.

Scotland look to be a great defensive team, very mean with allowing opponents to score

Home advantage is clearly not there

I hope Georgia however do get something out of these tests

But with the rugby they all play these days, this might have been a time that the autumn tests should have been scrapped so that they have less matches over the season

I think it would be great if Georgia were to play the team that gets the wooden spoon in a play off to replace them in the 6 nations :)
Remember...your left hand has the thumb on the right hand side