NFL

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

NFL

Post by TigerChris »

So, here we go again! The season starts. Who's peoples money on this year? Will the Gronk/Brady partnership work at Tampa? Is Hopkins gonna be worth the money for Arizona? Loads to think and talk about this season.

I'm gonna be up most of the night watching the opening game - didn't much like the 2 anthems but on with the game. Kansas in this one for me but gonna be a close one I think.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: NFL

Post by TigerChris »

Yes! Get in! Had Kelce as next TD scorer at 7/1 - the season starts profitable
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Tonight's game is an interesting clash of titans between the two highest paid Quarter Backs in the league.

I'm backing,well rooting, for the Packers.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

^^ Root for them but don't back em, Guy - you'll lose your money I reckon. I've been 49ers since I was a kid - just loved Montana when the game came onto channel 4 so adopted them as 'my team'. Over recent years I've developed a soft spot for the Jags as I go to Wembley every year with my Dad and they agreed to have it as their home game so I get to go and see them every year (obviously not this year, which I'm gonna miss as our annual father/son weekend away).
Bahnstormer_vRS

That's fine Chris; I'm not a betting man. :D :lol:

I've been to one of each of the Wembley games the last two seasons with my son (he's a Seahawks fan); although he's then sat in another part of the Stadium with friends from University days.

Guy

TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

^^ Just checked on my betting account - 25/1 for Green Bay to win Super Bowl if you fancy a few quid as a speculator :D

It's a great day out hey - the full day, atmosphere etc.. around Wembley is fantastic. We go in the 'Club Wembley' seats every year - it's a long time to sit in the normal seats without padding :lol:
Bahnstormer_vRS

25/1 is tempting, but I'll pass. Thanks, Chris.

Our seats are Club Wembley too, Michael gets a Season ticket for the two games (as last year).

Quite an, unexpectedly, open game so far this evening.

Guy

TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

Well, if you go next year you'll have to give me a shout before hand so we can catch up for a beer :thumbup:
Bahnstormer_vRS

TigerChris wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:46 am Well, if you go next year you'll have to give me a shout before hand so we can catch up for a beer :thumbup:
Yup; look forward to it. :cheers:

Guy

TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

No surprise in that result. Both sides a little scratchy though
Fat-Sam
Guru
Guru

Post by Fat-Sam »

Looking forward to the new NFL season- as a raiders fan I’ve been lucky enough to get to quite a few games at Wembley From back in 1990 and one last year at T*tennham’s

Didn’t watch the game last night but wasn’t a surprise to see the result, be interesting to see how the season turns out. Quietly confident we (raiders) will have a decent season, been a long time coming 😂
“Downsizing…”
JLC Reverso Duoface med.*gift
Omega Seamaster Deville 1961
DIY Watch Club Diver
DIY Explorer
Raymond Weil Toccata
SevenFriday P1/01
Longines x HODINKEE *FS
Laco Aachen 42 *FS
Tribus MDS *FS
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

I’ve always had a bit of a liking for the Packers and Patriots, even before their relatively recent successes. I’m going back to the days when it was on Channel 4, and was dominated by the Giants, Bears and 49ers. So I’m always happy for either of “my” teams to do well.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:25 am I’ve always had a bit of a liking for the Packers and Patriots, even before their relatively recent successes. I’m going back to the days when it was on Channel 4, and was dominated by the Giants, Bears and 49ers. So I’m always happy for either of “my” teams to do well.
I started on Channel 4 too, but supported the Redskins. I saw them twice at Wembley, pre season games (49ers and Dolphins)

I even used to tune into the US Armed Forces Radio Network later at night. Damn thing used to fade in an out, usually on 4th and inches, to some opera singer.

Often woke at 2am to hear radio still on in my ear.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
Fat-Sam
Guru
Guru

Post by Fat-Sam »

Yeah it’s amazing how much the legacy of the 80s channel 4 NFL show lives on. Anyone around my age group (40-50) will often have “a team” picked completely at random in about 1987 😂

I got the raiders as my mum figured a black jersey would last longer on a 7yo boy than the bright colours. 33 years later and I’m buying $300 Mitchell & ness throwback jerseys and listening to podcasts from Oakland 😂
“Downsizing…”
JLC Reverso Duoface med.*gift
Omega Seamaster Deville 1961
DIY Watch Club Diver
DIY Explorer
Raymond Weil Toccata
SevenFriday P1/01
Longines x HODINKEE *FS
Laco Aachen 42 *FS
Tribus MDS *FS
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

Fat-Sam wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:31 pm Yeah it’s amazing how much the legacy of the 80s channel 4 NFL show lives on. Anyone around my age group (40-50) will often have “a team” picked completely at random in about 1987 😂

I got the raiders as my mum figured a black jersey would last longer on a 7yo boy than the bright colours. 33 years later and I’m buying $300 Mitchell & ness throwback jerseys and listening to podcasts from Oakland 😂
It must have been before '87, probably around '82? I was 7 when it came on Channel 4 and 45 now.

Who else around my age group also subscribed to the NFL magazine at the local newsagents and completed each years collection in a nice folder with a copy of the Superbowl programme? I still have mine stashed away somewhere.