NFL

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Re: NFL

Post by jtc »

GreatScott wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:03 pm He is a good quarterback, to bad he is tainted with cheating. Looks like Bill will need to teach a new QB the tricks if the cheating trade.
Brady should have gone the whole cheating hog and gone to Pittsburgh :D
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

Well, no surprises for me so far in Wild Card Weekend. Hoping Cleveland can go on in the next game as they’ve not been here for a number of years but not sure they’ll have enough. Not that it makes any difference as they wouldn’t get past Kansas next week anyway.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:43 am 25/1 is tempting, but I'll pass. Thanks, Chris.
Meant to ask you this last week, Guy. Do you not wish you’d have had a few quid? It’s not impossible for em at the moment - can’t see Rams beating them next week :D
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

Wow! Ever seen a start to a game like that?!
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

TigerChris wrote:
Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:43 am 25/1 is tempting, but I'll pass. Thanks, Chris.
Meant to ask you this last week, Guy. Do you not wish you’d have had a few quid? It’s not impossible for em at the moment - can’t see Rams beating them next week :D

No; I didn't wish at all Chris. Sorry.

Mind you, the odds have probably shortened now.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jtc »

Wow, the Browns really went for it! Didn't expect that outcome, although did think it would be a high scoring game. Damn, my first wrong result in the Superbowl Challenge :lol:
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

Dickchins
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by Dickchins »

As a life long Rams fan I live in hope..!
(Usually misguided hope), but I do love it when they come to sunny England!

I was lucky to play for Bolton Braves, and Bolton Buccs back in the late 80's through to the early 90's. A certain Vernon Kay was our QB for those who have heard of him. Suppose hes classed as a celeb these days...?!
Fat-Sam
Guru
Guru

Post by Fat-Sam »

Dickchins wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:00 pm As a life long Rams fan I live in hope..!

I was lucky to play for Bolton Braves, and Bolton Buccs back in the late 80's through to the early 90's. A certain Vernon Kay was our QB for those who have heard of him. Suppose hes classed as a celeb these days...?!
Amazing 😁 I toyed with the idea of starting to play in England figuring I knew the rules and was very fit which would probably be enough to get me in the B team for my local team!

Be interested to see how Mahomes does but for me it’s still “anyone but Brady” (it was a fumble - 2002, still not letting it go haha)

Got a soft spot for the Packers so hoping they win this year
“Downsizing…”
JLC Reverso Duoface med.*gift
Omega Seamaster Deville 1961
DIY Watch Club Diver
DIY Explorer
Raymond Weil Toccata
SevenFriday P1/01
Longines x HODINKEE *FS
Laco Aachen 42 *FS
Tribus MDS *FS
Dickchins
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by Dickchins »

Fat-Sam wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:00 am
Dickchins wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:00 pm As a life long Rams fan I live in hope..!

Amazing 😁 I toyed with the idea of starting to play in England figuring I knew the rules and was very fit which would probably be enough to get me in the B team for my local team!

Be interested to see how Mahomes does but for me it’s still “anyone but Brady” (it was a fumble - 2002, still not letting it go haha)

Got a soft spot for the Packers so hoping they win this year

Pretty standard end of season result for the Rams :thumbdown:
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

The thing about Brady and the Pats of old is that they often managed to (just) get the job done. They rarely won by large margins, but managed to get there. eg especially against Seattle, and then against Atlanta. Of 6 superbowls, they only won one by more than one score. The loss to the Giants must have really hurt though, as the perfect season was within their grasp

It really wouldn't surprise me to see the old master put another one over on the young upstart (Mahomes) at the Superbowl. The odds are against it, but you never know. The Chiefs have to get by the Bills first.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

JAFO wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:24 pm . . . .

It really wouldn't surprise me to see the old master put another one over on the young upstart (Mahomes) at the Superbowl. The odds are against it, but you never know. The Chiefs have to get by the Bills first.
. . . and the Old Master (Brady) needs to get past the other Old Master (Rodgers) at the inhospitable frozen fields of Lambeau, this weekend. :lol:

Its amazing how Brady, aided and abetted by Gronkowski and Brown, has helped pull the Buccaneers up and along this season.

"The Chiefs have to get by the Bills first" - and they might have to do it with Mahomes. :(

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

He saw off Favre, and I'm pretty sure he can see of Rodgers as well. He's used to a chill in the air, too, although it's a bit warmer for him this year. Wouldn't it be good if became the first QB to win the SB with home field advantage in the final. You do realise Mahomes is on the cover of Madden NFL 20. That was generally a bad sign for a QB, wasn't it?
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jtc »

I reckon it'll be a Bills v Bucs Superbowl... which, going into this season, I'd have never guessed!
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Both championship games should be good ones. Admit to still being a Brady fan and I think he still has it. He won't have Antonio Brown for the game (knee injury), but I think he still has enough weapons if his o line holds up.

I am hoping for a Bucs- Bills Super Bowl.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Kip wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:48 am I am hoping for a Bucs- Bills Super Bowl.
I haven't followed the game so much recently, but I always used to like the Patriots years back before their successful streak. I also liked Green Bay so I'm hoping they do well this weekend.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)