NFL

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Re: NFL

Post by Thunder1 »

Last night was a blessing!!!..a long time in coming, w/b interesting to see how the NFL deals w/ The Pandemic the rest of the season
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
Fat-Sam
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by Fat-Sam »

Yeah may have been earlier but I was born in 1980 so would have got into that bit later I guess
“Downsizing…”
JLC Reverso Duoface med.*gift
Omega Seamaster Deville 1961
DIY Watch Club Diver
DIY Explorer
Raymond Weil Toccata
SevenFriday P1/01
Longines x HODINKEE *FS
Laco Aachen 42 *FS
Tribus MDS *FS
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by iain »

Another one here who remembers the 80s NFL on C4. We used to play it in the yard at school instead of real football for a time, although it inevitably got banned when someone had their hood ripped off their new coat during a tackle.

For some reason I was a Bears fan, I honestly don’t know why and to be honest I haven’t really stuck with it or followed the NFL since those days. At least I understand the rules so can watch a game and know what’s going on.
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

^^^ Possibly because the Bears were successful when you first got into it, and they had The Refrigerator!
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

We have multi team support in our household, although I’m the one that follows it the closest now.

Me:- Redskins, still hoping for a relatively successful season any year now

Wife:- 49ers, she liked Joe Montana and loved seeing him at Wembley. He didn’t play pre season, injured, but was presented to crowd and got an amazing reception.

Daughter:- Dolphins, she likes the animal

Daughter:- Giants, she loves anything about NYC. But picked Giants over Jets.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by iain »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:27 am ^^^ Possibly because the Bears were successful when you first got into it, and they had The Refrigerator!
That’s probably something to do with it, I do recall the school being split between the dolphins and the bears. Seems quite an arbitrary way to choose a team, at least with football it’s to do with birth places and parents affiliation. NFL did seem like choosing a team based on any random number of factors, such as Fat Sam supporting the raiders based on his mums opinion on how easy it would be to launder the kit.

William Perry, AKA the Fridge, used to appear on UK TV, however I seem to think he was noted more for his size than his sporting achievements.
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

Well, not a great night for Brady at his new club but I think he showed enough that when they start to click together and understand each other they’ll be there or there abouts come the end. A lot to come from the Buccs I think.
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

Quite the pick 6 he threw!
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

TheBeatles wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:40 am We have multi team support in our household, although I’m the one that follows it the closest now.

Naughty boy. You need to unlearn that name quick. :)
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

JAFO wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:27 am
TheBeatles wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:40 am We have multi team support in our household, although I’m the one that follows it the closest now.

Naughty boy. You need to unlearn that name quick. :)
Never, Hail To The Redskins
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

Well, play offs without Pats. Should they have kept Brady? I’m sure Kip will have a few thoughts tonight
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by StrapMeister »

I see that Bill was taking some of the blame for there demise.
Should they have kept Brady?
Probably!...A great quarterback can make such a difference, make things happen and inspire a team.

I reckon that it'll be a Chiefs vs Steelers AFC Championship game and who ever wins that wins the Super Bowl.
My moneys on the Chiefs to repeat last term, Mahomes is playing superbly (again!)
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

A sad season for the Patriots. the loss of Brady, 8 key players, unfortunate injuries and a bit of old age was just too much to bounce back from. It was a great run while it lasted, but I think it will be a couple more seasons before they will be competitors for a top spot again. First we need to find a QB.

Mahomes is the man now. He appears to have all the tools and an excellent supporting cast. If his coach doesn't screw it up and they stay healthy, I would give them the nod.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

I’ve always been a big fan of Tom Brady. I grew up in Michigan watching him play for the University of Michigan, then later in life I moved to Boston and of course rooted for him there. Then a few years ago I moved to the Tampa Bay area- I was ecstatic when he followed me here, though I couldn’t see them play in person this year because of covid :(

I’m actually moving to Michigan in 2021... what are the chances Brady will follow me again and play for the Lions? :lol:
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
GreatScott
Senior
Senior

Post by GreatScott »

He is a good quarterback, to bad he is tainted with cheating. Looks like Bill will need to teach a new QB the tricks if the cheating trade.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk