Coronavirus

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: Coronavirus

Post by JAFO »

Ian Mc wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:18 pm Apparently John Travolta has been hospitalised with suspected covid.
Doctors later said he is OK, it was Saturday Night Fever. They assure everyone that he is Staying Alive.
Apparently, he had chills that were Multiplying.
Ooh. You're the one that I want.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Slight bit of thread resurrection here, but moving on from my earlier post in this topic, August last as it happens, the Choir I sing in has continued to practice via Zoom and even managed one Socially Distanced practice a few weeks back, until the Gov't clarified the Lockdown Road Map Rules of 6 pers indoors / 30 pers outdoors, which made it impracticle to continue for now.

We have though continued learning and recording song the latest one of which is Crazy Little Thing Called Love by Queen. I enjoyed this one especially as Barbara, our Choir Master, wrote the arrangement with the bass line lower down than usual, which suits my vocal chords much better. :wink: :wink:

Enjoy watching it as, within the production of the video, we have progressed from a rolling montage of photographs to the inclusion of video clips of choir members singing their recording.

This actually reminds me that I haven't posted our recording from March of Runaway by the Corrs.

Nor our recording from January of David Essex's A Winter's Tale

I hope you enjoy them.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Thanks for posting these Guy, I did enjoy listening to them. I found Runaway to be quite uplifting.

It looks like you all get a lot of fun from the quoir, I would love to be able to sing well but alas my singing voice is awful :(
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Thegreyman wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:17 pm . . . I found Runaway to be quite uplifting.
Runaway is a favourite of mine too, Patrick; something, at times, I feel my girlfriend/partner and I would like to do.
Thegreyman wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:17 pm It looks like you all get a lot of fun from the Choir, I would love to be able to sing well but alas my singing voice is awful :(
We do and I'm sure your singing voice is fine Patrick, when you're at Murrayfield, with advance lubrication of a few pints of ale. :lol: :lol:

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thegreyman »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:59 pm
We do and I'm sure your singing voice is fine Patrick, when you're at Murrayfield, with advance lubrication of a few pints of ale. :lol: :lol:

Guy
True, it definitely sounds better after a few beers and being drowned out by thousands of other people :lol:
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

95CC08F2-D1E0-4314-989D-4AE3BF9C64AF.jpeg
Neil
These users thanked the author nbg for the post (total 2):
JAFONoush
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

^^^^
Very funny. Thanks for that.
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thegreyman »

nbg wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:08 am 95CC08F2-D1E0-4314-989D-4AE3BF9C64AF.jpeg
Neil
I definitely don't think he should be able to play in Australia but the Australian authorities aren't covering themselves in glory, the situation seems to be turning into a right fiasco.
Patrick

nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nbg »

^^^ Agreed Patrick. :thumbup:

People in the public eye who don’t want the vaccine. Fine but just accept the consequences.

Oh and just STFU - there are enough idiots out there already, without effectively encouraging them to do the same. :silent:

Neil
These users thanked the author nbg for the post (total 3):
ajax87Stifangusbon
TZ-UK
Noush
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Noush »

nbg wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:35 pm there are enough idiots out there already, without effectively encouraging them to do the same. :silent:
Sydney is right in the guts of things at the moment. Product shortages everywhere. At work we are half-staffed with folks either with COVID or close contacts.

Our warehouse manager has been a strident anti-vaxxer. It's all about freedom to choose apparently. Anyhow he is currently in the ICU, un-vaccinated of course. His freedom seems to have deserted him.
Chris
"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans" : John Lennon.
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nbg »

As there is reference to LTF and PCR tests in the curmudgeons corner thread, I thought I would post this.
AB11E19A-13B2-4AEE-8B01-01A45558D9BF.png
Neil
These users thanked the author nbg for the post (total 4):
welshladjkbarnesgannetStif
TZ-UK
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TheBeatles »

Very interesting, thanks for posting.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

Thanks Neil, that's a very useful reference point.

Perhaps a simple, broadly correct way to remember the difference between the two types of test is that the LFTs indicate whether you are infectious or not at that point in time, whereas PCRs tell you whether the virus is actively in your system at that point in time (even if you're not infectious then).

Another aspect is that LFTs don't always work well if you already have symptoms, which is why a PCR is always required if you do have symptoms. In healthcare settings, they mostly see people who already have symptoms, which is why they favour PCR tests, not because LFTs don't work. LFTs are most important for picking up infectiousness in asymptomatic people.
These users thanked the author welshlad for the post (total 4):
jkbarnesBahnstormer_vRSgannetStif
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

nbg wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:10 pm As there is reference to LTF and PCR tests in the curmudgeons corner thread, I thought I would post this.
welshlad wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:35 pm Perhaps a simple, broadly correct way to remember the difference between the two types of test is that the LFTs indicate whether you are infectious or not at that point in time, whereas PCRs tell you whether the virus is actively in your system at that point in time (even if you're not infectious then).

Another aspect is that LFTs don't always work well if you already have symptoms, which is why a PCR is always required if you do have symptoms. In healthcare settings, they mostly see people who already have symptoms, which is why they favour PCR tests, not because LFTs don't work. LFTs are most important for picking up infectiousness in asymptomatic people.

Thank you both for some incredibly useful information!
Drew
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by kiter65 »

My lad, 25, full vac's, felt ill Friday, sent home from work, tested positive, he said he has never felt so poorly in his life, thought he was going to die, hot/cold/ in bed for 24 hours, now feels as right as rain, but still testing positive, so p#&&+d off cus he has to isolate for 5 days☹️
These users thanked the author kiter65 for the post:
Stif