The Curmudgeons Corner

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: The Curmudgeons Corner

Post by jkbarnes »

God, I really hate the spectacle that is the NFL.
Drew
sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by sproughton »

Looking forward to two days of Test cricket at Old Trafford, expensive train tickets and hotels paid for and it's called off a couple of hours before it's due to start.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

We left St Ives at 10:30 yesterday (towing a caravan). It took 2 hours to do twenty miles, and didn't get much better. Delays near the M5 junction, continued delays all the way up to Bristol. We had 300 miles to do, and it took over 7 hours to get half way. We eventually got to the Caravan storage site at 9:00pm. Just crazy. Has it been like this all summer long?
biggus_richus
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by biggus_richus »

I’m developing a strong appreciation for replies to posts that simply say “What Reference?”, without any hint of decent manners and an assumption the OP is either some sort of human Turing machine or bloody Google. (Not on this forum, I should add)
Rich.

Breitling | CW | Farer | Formex | Garmin | Marloe | Ming | Omega | Oris | Seiko | Studio Underd0g | Tag Heuer | Timex
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

Disappointing that some charities are not transparent with how much they cream off a donation to cover their administrative and operational costs. Add the handsome executive wages paid and the donation is soon diluted.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thermexman »

Just had one of those calls from a lady with an Indian accent and a very English sounding name. She purported to be from Microsoft’s technical department and was calling about my PC. She wanted to know if I was the owner.
I asked her if she was calling about the overhead dooberry that was overheating again? She paused and went “erm, are you the owner sir?” I then replied “no, I’m renting it, why would I want to own a PC with an overheating, overhead dooberry?”
She paused for an eternity, then asked me again if I was the owner. I asked if I was confusing her and she said no but I’d need to confirm if I was the owner before we could proceed.
Proceed with what? I replied. Are you the owner, she asked again! At this point I gave in and dropped my polite facade and told her to bog off.
Was I too harsh?
These users thanked the author Thermexman for the post:
JAFO
Steve.
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by village »

Bloody cold. Bah humbug.
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

All of the HMRC advisers that can help me are busy, apparently. I expect the line will free up at 6pm, when the chat service ends.
No. I just got kicked off for being inactive.
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

Why do I let myself get sucked into pointless “discussions” with strangers online?! I have such a weakness for that. And to think, I almost rejoined Facebook this week. I can guarantee that won’t happen now!

#Iwontfeedthetrolls
#Iwontfeedthetrolls
#Iwontfeedthetrolls
#Iwontfeedthetrolls
These users thanked the author jkbarnes for the post:
JAFO
Drew
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

People.

Just people.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by FloridaPhil »

Ungrateful, entitled people. Society is full of them. Drains your will to live after you've tried to help them
WatchChat on Facebook
The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.
gannet
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by gannet »

Tyre monkeys / mechanics who burr up your locking wheel nut key and don't own up...
-- gannet.
C65 AMGT 1VEV | C60 Trident Chronograph 300 | C7 Rapide Automatic | C7 Rapide Quartz | C3 Malvern Chronograph MK II -Limited Edition
MikeyT100
Senior
Senior

Post by MikeyT100 »

Ha just found this thread (I'm new).... LOL, sorry, I mean grumble, grumble.
These users thanked the author MikeyT100 for the post:
JAFO
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

The other night an idiot, and I’m bing kind, tried to steal fuel from my my daughter’s car. All they succeeded in doing was to cause damage. Now my daughter has been presented with a lovely repair bill.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thermexman »

When your car’s in for a major service and they send you a personalised video, from the “technician” who’s working on your car, to point out that your front brake pads only have 4mm left on them and need changing, as they’re about to come into contact with the low brake pad warning sensor!

He pointlessly tried to show me, via a mirror on a stick but gave up, with the comment “it’s difficult to see with a mirror”? No kidding!

The wear sensor that the pads will soon come into contact with? Is that the same wear sensor that will accurately inform me that my pads require changing, rather than the rough guess, via a tiny mirror, without actually taking my wheels off and measuring the damn things?

Apparently his supervisor will call me to see if I want it doing. I’m still awaiting that conversation, 4 hrs later. Oh, and I’ve checked their website and it’s £222 for pads and a wear sensor, fully fitted!!

Car’s done 29,000 miles and all my previous cars made it to 40k minimum before pads needed doing. I know there are many factors to take into account but I think I’ll wait until the car tells me exactly when they’re ready.
Steve.