The Curmudgeons Corner

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: The Curmudgeons Corner

Post by Robotaz »

My furnace on my house is not even six months old, and the fan is going off and on while it supposed to be on. People have been to my house five times and it still isn’t fixed. This has been going on for a week and a half. Am I a curmudgeon to be seriously aggravated by this?
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Robotaz »

Robotaz wrote:My furnace on my house is not even six months old, and the fan is going off and on while it supposed to be on. People have been to my house five times and it still isn’t fixed. This has been going on for a week and a half. Am I a curmudgeon to be seriously aggravated by this?
Two weeks now and still broken. They even rewired the thermostat wiring to the unit through the walls. Getting really sick of this and want it replaced if they can’t fix it.

And today I have to pay last year’s taxes and the accountant. Typically this is the crappiest day of my year where I want to move to another country. I’m looking at how to set up residency in Cabo San Lucas and figure out how to work, pay taxes, etc.
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

This morning I had this link removed from a Street Art FB group: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-b ... e-56231364. It did not go against any group rules and was accompanied with my photograph. What has peeved me is that there has been no explanation as to why my post was removed.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by 0uatiOW »

When you’ve spent the weekend in the garden fighting triffids and your thumb print no longer unlocks your phone.... 😡
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

Why must God be so cruel as to establish an inverse relationship between the growth of hair where I want it and the growth of hair where I don’t want it?! And to make matters worse, he’s killing my eyesight just enough to make it damn near impossible to deal with that unwanted hair!
Drew
jimbo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jimbo »

What to watch now that I have finished the last episode of "Homeland" !

Grumpy as can't be bothered to see what else to watch
Remember...your left hand has the thumb on the right hand side
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by magicman »

Politicians, Presenters, commentators.
Lots erm of eh er them, can't er put, a um full er sentence together, without ums and ers galore.

It's getting worse and er worse. Gary lineker was awful tonight.
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Non QR watch straps

Just on a general point, I get completely fed up trying to detach straps without QR spring bars. I have a few expensive (to me) watches. While it's easy enough to attach a strap to a watch, without the aid of QR spring bars it can be very difficult removing them. With some straps having very tight tolerances, I find I have to deform the strap to get at he spring bar lugs, or blindly force the spring bar tool into the gap, and hope I am successful. At the very least I run the risk of scratching the lugs.
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by magicman »

Screenshot_20210312-113843.png
No Thanks !
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

I just spent 30 minutes with my kid trying to navigate the website for the university he’ll be attending in the fall to simply say “yes” to their offer of admission and pay the deposit! There was nothing intuitive and simply about it at all. The web pages were information overload with no clear and obvious navigation. Just make it easy for me to give you my money and my kid to say yes!
Drew
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrapMeister »

The way that eBay is now "forcing" you to let them handle all the Seller Managed Payments (1) side of things.
Basically they're by-passing/cutting out the PayPal fees but charging you more* for the privilege of putting your money straight into your Bank.
*PayPal fees were c3% (UK transactions) of the final selling price (incl. postage) and a £1 selling fee (with a promotion) but now eBay appear to be charging a £1 selling fee (with a promotion) PLUS 12.8% (2) of the final selling price (incl. postage) :shock: :-x :thumbdown:
(1) https://sellercentre.ebay.co.uk/selling ... tgroup=C2C
(2) https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/fee ... es?id=4822

IGNORE THIS POST - it's not strictly speaking accurate!
I saw red and go my knickers in a twist :?
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

I lead on Health, Wellbeing, Adult Services for a Borough Council. I have spent best part of 8 months championing the UK vaccination programme. It’s so disappointing that some countries have suspended their use of the Oxford AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine in favour of sowing seeds of doubt based on no scientific data. It’s left some residents confused and has raised unnecessary levels of anxiety.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

I got notice today that 14,000 COVID 2nd dose appointments have to be cancelled and rearranged because someone in central government saw that my local hospital hub was ahead of its vaccination programme and has insisted that the Trust realigns with the rest of the country. It’s kinda left everyone, including myself, disappointed after the effort made to vaccinate all frontline staff as early as possible.
Richard

jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jtc »

What sort of annoying self absorbed Hollywood type releases a 4:3 cut of a film, at 4hrs in length, that'll mostly be watched by people at home on their 16:9 TVs.... It's 2021 not 1991!
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by kiter65 »

Members that have items for sale in S/C yet don’t reply to PM’s ](*,)