The Curmudgeons Corner

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Re: The Curmudgeons Corner

Post by Thermexman »

My 13 yr old Choccy Lab is showing his age these days. His walks are shorter but take much longer than they used to. He drags behind at a snail’s pace and just stops when he’s had enough and wants to head home.

This weekend, we’re visiting my daughter (150 miles away) and we went for a walk to a local wood. He trotted ahead of us the whole way, setting a fairly good pace and jumped almost effortlessly, over several fallen trees, that littered the path. We walked for a little over an hour. He usually wants to head home after 15 mins!

I know that I should be overjoyed at his youthful exuberance at exploring a new location but I can’t help feeling that the sly old fox has been playing me of late?
Steve.
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by kiter65 »

Ian....this reminds me of something that happened a couple of weeks ago at work, I work on the trade side but asked a lady to come through because the retail side was very busy.....I have a small advertising sign laying raised a few centimetres flat on the floor....whilst serving the lady her small child started walking up and down the sign....to my amazement the lady encouraged her child saying what a nice sound it made....on leaving the store she prised him for being a clever boy....the only thing that really p%££*d me off is I didn’t say anything :datz:
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

As the camera scans round the crucible you can see people without masks. Just why aren't they ejected instantly. It really is disgusting.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

If we are talking gamesmanship at the snooker, then if Selby knew he got an improved lie by the ref placing the white in the wrong place, that really is as unsporting as they come.

Edit. I am glad Shawn won that frame, but I think the above point might leave some tension.
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by magicman »

Slow swimmers in the medium lane, medium swimmers in the slow lane, medium swimmers in the fast lane, fast swimmers in the medium lane.
I thought swimming was meant to be relaxing.
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by magicman »

Dear Costco

I am exempt from wearing a face covering, I don't have to display a lanyard, but I do as a visible cue.
So you force me to wear a mask to enter your store, ok I'll do that, i have to buy one then, as you haven't offered me one or a plastic face guard, as your manager stated you should.
Not the guy at the fronts fault, he has a tough enough job, but at least give him the masks etc so he can offer them.
So I'm in, wearing my lanyard and mask, baaaaah..!
I need to know the rules as I've not been challenged before.
So I'll speak to the manager, she explains how it's there rules and how many staff members have Died from the Virus. WOW !

So I've shopped and headed home, and I need to review the rules.
I'm still confused, all the noise about Costco's policy is months old, the government website is no help, just basic outlines of the rules.
So I'll ask my daughter who works in retail, they're told not to challenge any one, not wearing a mask displaying a lanyard or not.
Still confused....

Last night my condition and reason for not wearing a mask has flared up.
Will Costco pay for my medication, I think not !
So I will now have to carry a plastic facemask, in my pocket, for next time I'm refused entry, somewhere.

P.s. Dyson sent the wrong filters for my vacuum !

Steve
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

I have my end-of-the-year conference today. We’ll talk about my data and how I did in working towards my smart goal for the year….and it will be a joke, just like the initial planning conference was a joke, and the mid-year conference is a joke. But we go through this charade every year. Bad teachers are still bad, good teachers are still frustrated, and inexperienced teachers haven’t grown in any meaningful way because they’re chasing the all important data for these stupid conferences.

I’ll also get my formal evaluation today. I have no doubt it’s going to be just fine. I also am willing to bet it’s going to be rather generic with a lot of “cut and paste” to be found in other teachers’ evaluations.

It’s not pleasant witnessing the slow death of a profession from the inside. This is the Ottoman Empire around the late 19th century. At least I’ll be retired by the time the fatal blow comes.
Drew
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by exHowfener »

After hearing people in Education complaining for months about how futures have been ruined by the pandemic/lockdown forcing schools to close, I was rather surprised to see hundreds of the little dears pouring out of a local school just after ... 2pm! Perhaps they would catch up quicker if they tried working a longer day?
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I just spent 10 minutes editing a response to a thread, and I lost it when I posted it, but the CW website decided my login had lapsed. Grrrrrr.
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thermexman »

It’s absolutely true! Crap does roll downhill and now I know why every tier above me, are issued with Teflon coats!
Steve.
sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by sproughton »

Based on my tube journey and the way people were wearing their masks, it appears that a considerably high number of people that live and work in London don't realise that they breathe through their nose.
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

£ P.O.A. and websites where you have to go round the houses to find a link to a price list.

I am an adult, FFS. Just tell me how much it is.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I don't understand why we can't discuss items in this thread. Some of them need a discussion.
Come on guys. :thumbup:
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrapMeister »

Sending out a specific request for information and getting the wrong information/response back - FFS read the bl**dy question or do I really need to spell it out in words of one syllable :silent:
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

JAFO wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 11:33 am I don't understand why we can't discuss items in this thread. Some of them need a discussion.
Come on guys. :thumbup:
Well apparently comments may upset the person who is having the specific rant. Well IIRC that is how it was explained to me, when I made a similar observation a few years ago... :silent:

However I agree with you. :)

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK