LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

The Curmudgeons Corner

Post by Kip »

A “Curmudgeon”…..Sometimes I have been called one...... more often as I get older, so I guess I shall hear myself referred to as one more often over the coming years.

The definition is varied, but if you combine one definition and toss in a few good synonyms. I guess most would work for me from time to time.

This is one combination that I am particularly fond of…

Somebody who is irritable or stubborn: somebody considered to be bad-tempered, disagreeable, or stubborn
Synonyms: bad-tempered, crabby, cantankerous, grouchy, grumpy, cranky, irritable, tetchy, testy, grumbly, irascible, peevish, moody

Why am I called this? I guess it is because I keep asking why people do what they do.

This might be you…..

Why do people sleep in late on a workday repeatedly…….leave in a hurry…..speed to work …sometimes getting a ticket which makes them even more late …. put on make up or read a newspaper distracting them enough to get in an accident…… stop to pick up breakfast and then show up late for work with a store bought coffee in their hand.

These same people complain because their auto insurance rates are to high so they need to earn more money but……their boss doesn’t respect them because they never get a raise because they are occasionally late for work.

Where is the respect for other peoples time and space? Why don’t people accept responsibility for themselves? Life would be much simpler and cheaper to live.

Before I digress……Let me say that the above is just one example……

Why do people walk thru a busy mall and just stop and talk in the middle? Why can’t they move off to the side at least?
These are the kinds of things that bug me. This topic is not to create a political discussion nor to create controversy or to discuss at all the reasons for attitudes etc.

It is just a place to make a statement of why... about the little curiosities of life... not to answer them.

So there you have it.

State your gripe or ask your question only..don’t answer anyones’s and you will not get an answer. Just a place to vent a bit.

I call it the Curmudgeons Corner.

Did you ever wonder why some people have answering machines or voice mail. You call them up and leave a long explanation with details they wanted on there voicemail......shortly you get a call back asking the question...Did you call me? Now you go thru the whole thing again. A waste of time for both people. Why bother having the damn machine or voice mail active?
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5
LE-two: yes

Re: The Curmudgeons Corner

Post by Loddonite »

We have a TV program in the UK; "Grumpy Old Men", which gives a voice to a bunch of middle-aged B-list celebrity curmudgeons who have nothing better to do than sit in front of a camera and complain about the inconvenient details of life and trouser a couple of thousand for their trouble. Why can't these people get a proper job?

Is that what you had in mind Kip? :D
Dom
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes

Post by Kip »

In the USA we drive on the right....when you are walking you tend to stay to the right side of the walkway......most stores and buildings have the entrance doors on the right and exit on the left.......

Did you ever wonder why supermarkets have the have the entrance doors on the left? That bugs me!
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

One thing that really gets me mad is those people who are in front of you at the checkout. They take all bloody day to load their bits of tat into their re-used carrier bags and then insist on having 3 more clubcard points 'because I am saving the planet by using these tatty old plastic carrier bags'. When they've finally finished with all of that, the till operator informs them of the total cost, and they look confused! Finally, they start thinking about finding their purse, which inevitably is at the bottom of the biggest handbag anyone has ever seen.

It's like it is a surprise to them that they have to pay for the stuff, and they are really not prepared. It's a shop. You buy stuff. Inevitably, someone will ask for some payment. Good Grief!!
Richard
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by village »

Bloody Hell :shock: ...this thread could open a few floodgates :lol:
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by village »

WHY......

..do people put clothes on dogs?..just seen someone walking their dog and its better dressed than me. Cobblers.

...do burgers in fast food restaurants (and that word is used in the loosest possible way) look succullent and lovely in the pictures but in real life look like they've been warmed up by having a hippopotamus fart on them for 30 seconds. Cobblers.

..do old people insist on stopping to chat in the dead centre of the aisle,blocking everyone else with their trolley containing 300 tins of catfood. Cobblers.

..do i keep perservering when i ring an Indian call centre and Gupta (sorry,John) patently hasn't got the faintest clue what i am talking about. Cobblers.

..do people keep taking photos of their watches without properly aligning the bezel (just been looking at some). Cobblers.

..text-speak. It's for the cranially challenged. Cobblers.

..do people decide that in slow moving traffic it's a good idea to temporarily park on the roundabout (for those across the Pond that's a big round thing that gets in the way of driving anywhere,particularly in Milton Keynes) blocking the exit. Cobblers.

..do people use the term The Pond for the Atlantic 8) ....it's THE ATLANTIC not a hangout for Mallards. Cobblers

..do people let their kids get away with everything...teach them some manners and control the little sods. Cobblers.

..is it that when i go to the cinema (and 'cause i work shifts i go when its very quiet) and there is only me and another weirdo in there,the next film buff decides that out of all the numerous seats available,he/she/it just has to sit in the one directly in front of me. Cobblers.

..do people phone you up and when you ask them what they want they reply,"oh,nothing". Cobblers.

..does Mortis insist on writing extra comments in extremely pale colours. Its annoying. But then what do you expect from a teacher. :) Cobblers.

..does my Missus find it impossible to put her clothes hangers away (or at least out of the way) instead of leaving them for me to keep stepping/sitting on. Cobblers.

Got to go work now.............<deep breath>....<feels better>....
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
androo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by androo »

village wrote:WHY......

..do people put clothes on dogs?..just seen someone walking their dog and its better dressed than me. Cobblers.

...do burgers in fast food restaurants (and that word is used in the loosest possible way) look succullent and lovely in the pictures but in real life look like they've been warmed up by having a hippopotamus fart on them for 30 seconds. Cobblers.

..do old people insist on stopping to chat in the dead centre of the aisle,blocking everyone else with their trolley containing 300 tins of catfood. Cobblers.

..do i keep perservering when i ring an Indian call centre and Gupta (sorry,John) patently hasn't got the faintest clue what i am talking about. Cobblers.

..do people keep taking photos of their watches without properly aligning the bezel (just been looking at some). Cobblers.

..text-speak. It's for the cranially challenged. Cobblers.

..do people decide that in slow moving traffic it's a good idea to temporarily park on the roundabout (for those across the Pond that's a big round thing that gets in the way of driving anywhere,particularly in Milton Keynes) blocking the exit. Cobblers.

..do people use the term The Pond for the Atlantic 8) ....it's THE ATLANTIC not a hangout for Mallards. Cobblers

..do people let their kids get away with everything...teach them some manners and control the little sods. Cobblers.

..is it that when i go to the cinema (and 'cause i work shifts i go when its very quiet) and there is only me and another weirdo in there,the next film buff decides that out of all the numerous seats available,he/she/it just has to sit in the one directly in front of me. Cobblers.

..do people phone you up and when you ask them what they want they reply,"oh,nothing". Cobblers.

..does Mortis insist on writing extra comments in extremely pale colours. Its annoying. But then what do you expect from a teacher. :) Cobblers.

..does my Missus find it impossible to put her clothes hangers away (or at least out of the way) instead of leaving them for me to keep stepping/sitting on. Cobblers.

Got to go work now.............<deep breath>....<feels better>....
basically what Village said. Except about his missus not putting clothes hangers away. strangely that doesn't bother me at all..
Mortis
Forum Menace
Forum Menace
CW-watches: 12

Post by Mortis »

village wrote:WHY......
Heh, nice one village.
village wrote:..text-speak. It's for the cranially challenged. Cobblers.
Hee Hee, Village is cranially challenged!
:twisted:
Lamps
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Lamps »

Self checkouts at the supermarket, I like the idea, but I do not need to be reminded to "place your item in the bag and scan another item or select payment method" each and every ****ing time I scan my stuff. And another thing, if its your job to "supervise" the self checkout area then don't stand there looking in the completely opposite direction talking to your mate. LOOK AT THE BANK OF 4 CHECKOUTS. AND do not give me a look of indignation when I try to grab your attention by saying those two deeply offencive and extremely rule words "excuse me" in a pleasant and calm tone.

Apart from that I think self checkouts are great!
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Loddonite »

Bloody people who can't follow simple instructions like ...
State your gripe or ask your question only
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Dom
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.
DannyO
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

Post by DannyO »

Why on earth is there one calorie in Diet Coke? Surely they took all of the others out, why not the last one? Just sloppy...
C3SWT, C4CF18, C40IPK, C5AKS, C7STS, C8IPK
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150

Post by Kip »

When someone tells may they are going to pay in cash....why the hell do they take out their checkbook!
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Lamps
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Lamps »

Kip wrote:When someone tells may they are going to pay in cash....why the hell do they take out their checkbook!
Well technically a cheque is cash or at least bank notes are cheques.

(i know, no answers, but I thought it may help Kips stress levels)

go up
Monkey
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Monkey »

People who apparently can 'drive' but keep braking at every slight bend or undulation in the road, usually driving way too slowly in the first place :x

Get off the road you retard and learn to f*****g drive properly :motz:

(haa, that's better :D )
John
Clarky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

The Curmudgeons Corner

Post by Clarky »

Monkey wrote:People who apparently can 'drive' but keep braking at every slight bend or undulation in the road, usually driving way too slowly in the first place :x

Get off the road you retard and learn to f*****g drive properly :motz:

(haa, that's better :D )
I second that! And you, yes you, in the merc in the overtaking lane, not overtaking anyone as their is no one in lane one, p*** off, and get off your mobile phone while you're at it!!!!!
I can resist everything, Except temptation
Oscar Wilde