Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
TP Fit
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Re: Show your pet!

Post by TP Fit »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:12 am
TP Fit wrote:Not quite my pet yet but coming to his new home on Saturday....
Lovely bundle of fluff, but what will he/she look like in a few years time?

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk
Thank you guy! He will be a medium size dog at about 25 pounds. Its a miniature Australian Shepherd. Will look something like the pic.
Attachments
aussie.jpg
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

TP Fit wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:18 pm
Thank you guy! He will be a medium size dog at about 25 pounds. Its a miniature Australian Shepherd. Will look something like the pic.
Quite a few of these Australians (and the full size natch) around here, seem to be very popular and they are very pretty dogs in a scruffy sort of way. Our two are mates with a couple at dog school and there is a pretty little girl we sometimes meet on walks whom big Dave is rather keen on - when permitted by Lottie that is.....
IMG_0596.jpg
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
TP Fit
Senior
Senior

Post by TP Fit »

Those are some handsome looking dogs! I've had bigger dogs in the past, two siberian huskies but they are no longer with us. I love big dogs but don't have room currently in my home.
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

TP Fit wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:00 am Those are some handsome looking dogs! I've had bigger dogs in the past, two siberian huskies but they are no longer with us. I love big dogs but don't have room currently in my home.
Whatever size they are, they all have big hearts.

We have had Shepherds for the last 13 years now, the first one arrived as if by destiny. We lost our black lab of twelve years and shortly afterwards I dreamt vividly that we had a Shepherd with a very bushy tail, so vividly I mentioned it to my wife who was rather expecting we would get another lab. A couple of weeks went by and I was walking home after a painful visit to the dentist and went through the park where I often used to go for walkies and met a lady I knew there who told me her daughter had just acquired a dog she was looking to home. Something jumped inside so I just stated: it's a Shepherd, isn't it? Of course it was and with a sable coat and that bushy tail. When we went to pick her up, I swear that the dog knew as well as I did. She just jumped in the car and when we got home and parked across the street (we lived in a terrace in those days) she just hopped out and went straight to our front door. I continue to wonder.

These two arrived as rescues from Hungary when Bella left us. Bit of a handful to start with (absolutely no training) but fabulous now.

I love them all.

Good luck with your Australian, he'll be wonderful I'm sure - and more pics please!
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

H0rati0 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:52 pm
We have had Shepherds for the last 13 years now, the first one arrived as if by destiny. We lost our black lab of twelve years and shortly afterwards I dreamt vividly that we had a Shepherd with a very bushy tail, so vividly I mentioned it to my wife who was rather expecting we would get another lab. A couple of weeks went by and I was walking home after a painful visit to the dentist and went through the park where I often used to go for walkies and met a lady I knew there who told me her daughter had just acquired a dog she was looking to home. Something jumped inside so I just stated: it's a Shepherd, isn't it? Of course it was and with a sable coat and that bushy tail. When we went to pick her up, I swear that the dog knew as well as I did. She just jumped in the car and when we got home and parked across the street (we lived in a terrace in those days) she just hopped out and went straight to our front door. I continue to wonder.

These two arrived as rescues from Hungary when Bella left us. Bit of a handful to start with (absolutely no training) but fabulous now.

I love them all.
Fabulous story that touched my heart as I also have lost a Black Lab....and would love a German Shepard at some stage in the future.
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

MiniMpi wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:28 pm
H0rati0 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:52 pm

I love them all.
Fabulous story that touched my heart as I also have lost a Black Lab....and would love a German Shepard at some stage in the future.
Lab, Shepherd, any dog, I would find it difficult to be without. So Ferg as soon as circumstances permit you'll just have to get another and the Shepherd is such a rewarding dog, though hard work. They are very cat like I think, you feel it's a privilege to be with them.

Following on, not to be just doggy biassed, here is the cat tribe, all rescues naturally - we just seem to acquire them.....

Leonie (matron) & Satie
_ND14725.jpg
Tesshu (he tends to avoid matron, so difficult to include him in one pic
_ND14733.jpg
Leonie is a Maine Coon and Tesshu a Persian. We swore no more long hairs after our last Persian - the ones we get all hate being brushed, in Leonie's case violently, but they can't look after their fur properly on their own, particularly the Persians which seem bred to be that way, more's the shame.

So now we have three of them to squabble with!
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by magicman »

Regards Steve
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

My son took this photo of Davie when I was out for the evening, earlier this week.

Not sure if that's a 'I'm missing Daddy' or a 'what on earth are we doing?' look.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

Unfortunately we dont have time to devote to a dog at this stage but have these, one thinks its a dog (black/chocolate one, Coco)!
Had cats at various stages of my life... I find them very rewarding and therapeutic despite what most think.
IMG_20200201_232739.jpg
IMG_20200202_215532.jpg
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

Soporsche wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:51 am Unfortunately we dont have time to devote to a dog at this stage but have these, one thinks its a dog (black/chocolate one, Coco)!
Had cats at various stages of my life... I find them very rewarding and therapeutic despite what most think.
IMG_20200201_232739.jpg
IMG_20200202_215532.jpg
Agree totally that cats are very rewarding. They are very subtle creatures and you have to play by their rules (they know best being perfect) but give them the chance and they are fabulous. My wife calls ours "emotional support cats" but I'm not sure who supports who....
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

H0rati0 wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:10 am
Soporsche wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:51 am
Agree totally that cats are very rewarding. They are very subtle creatures and you have to play by their rules (they know best being perfect) but give them the chance and they are fabulous. My wife calls ours "emotional support cats" but I'm not sure who supports who....
Thanks, I agree. Had a spell of severe illness quite a few years ago and was home alone for much of it... Seems silly to say but my cats then really helped me get through it. One in particular mothered me constantly 😊
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
Zygote23

Post by Zygote23 »

William!
Icon
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 0

Post by Icon »

A little snack for Stanley & Seymour :-D

Damasko DA37
Rolex Explorer 1
Rolex Submariner
Tudor BB58
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by Thunder1 »

^^^Purdy, purdy cute..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thermexman »

This chap’s getting more distinguished looking with every passing week.
E2EF7895-C3B4-4A91-9D14-D99E9010860D.jpeg
73DA1CD5-73FD-45DD-B8BF-CB1C9D633097.jpeg
Steve.