Minis

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: Minis

Post by Bident »

Reviving an old thread to post pictures of my new Mini Countryman PHEV, in British Racing Green of course.
IMG_7033.jpeg
IMG_7034.jpeg
IMG_7035.jpeg
IMG_7036.jpeg
IMG_7037.jpeg
IMG_7039.jpeg
IMG_7040.jpeg
IMG_7043.jpeg
IMG_7046.jpeg
Best regards,
John
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Congratulations John !!

Outstanding spec too, an Exclusive going by the look of it ?
I have the same seats in my 2020 Cooper 3 door Exclusive except they are in a lovely Orange.
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Bident »

MiniMpi wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 6:18 pm Congratulations John !!

Outstanding spec too, an Exclusive going by the look of it ?
I have the same seats in my 2020 Cooper 3 door Exclusive except they are in a lovely Orange.
Thank you Ferg! I knew you might be interested 😀

It’s not an Exclusive, at least not here in the US. The trim levels here are Signature and Iconic, this being the latter and fully optioned over the Signature. I did order the exact options which meant a two month plus wait. But I am glad I was patient as I love the car so far.

My first MINI and I am delighted. Cheers!
Best regards,
John
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Congratulations, a very nice looking car. I walked past one of these locally recently and was surprised how large the cars are compared to the original mini (which was my first car). They are 4 feet longer, 2 feet wider and just under a foot taller. I know cars in general are larger but it just shows how "mini" the original was.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
gannet
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by gannet »

That looks fantastic, congratulations :thumbsup:

we have two F56 MINI's and love them both :D
-- gannet.
C65 AMGT 1VEV | C60 Trident Chronograph 300 | C7 Rapide Automatic | C7 Rapide Quartz | C3 Malvern Chronograph MK II -Limited Edition
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

Congrats Bident, cracking car and lovely spec.
Quite envious of you all, recently was in the market for a boring family car plus a F56 Cooper S/JCW as a fun car... instead went for a 1 car, Civic Type R (Sportline without the crazy spoiler)....
Very very fast car and big enough for the 3 of us but honestly wish I'd gone for the Mini and a Fam car. Mini so much more fun to drive at road speeds. If I can make the numbers work I'll be offloading the Type R and joining you in the Mini club later in the year.
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

That’s a real beauty!
Drew
gannet
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by gannet »

Soporsche wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 8:47 pm Congrats Bident, cracking car and lovely spec.
Quite envious of you all, recently was in the market for a boring family car plus a F56 Cooper S/JCW as a fun car... instead went for a 1 car, Civic Type R (Sportline without the crazy spoiler)....
Very very fast car and big enough for the 3 of us but honestly wish I'd gone for the Mini and a Fam car. Mini so much more fun to drive at road speeds. If I can make the numbers work I'll be offloading the Type R and joining you in the Mini club later in the year.
We have a Cooper S and a JCW - both hilarious fun :D
-- gannet.
C65 AMGT 1VEV | C60 Trident Chronograph 300 | C7 Rapide Automatic | C7 Rapide Quartz | C3 Malvern Chronograph MK II -Limited Edition
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Bident »

^^^^Thanks to all! I was keen on getting the PHEV, but the JCW Countryman was a very tempting second choice. I didn't allow myself a test drive because I was certain I would be immediately smitten. That car must be a blast.
Best regards,
John
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by exHowfener »

Congratulations, a very nice looking car. I walked past one of these locally recently and was surprised how large the cars are compared to the original mini (which was my first car). They are 4 feet longer, 2 feet wider and just under a foot taller. I know cars in general are larger but it just shows how "mini" the original was
I once hears Chris Evans mentioning that he had seen one parked next to a Range Rover sport and there was hardly any difference in size. Great car, but probably bigger than a Maxi!
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

Lovely purchase. Great colour choice.
Steve.
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by stefs »

That looks absolutely brilliant. Especially in that colour. I had a diesel countryman 3 company cars ago which I really liked but the phev version like yours is a strong contender for my next. Just wish the electric range wasn’t so crap.
Enjoy!
Cheers now, Paul
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Bident »

^^^^ Many thanks, gents. I'm a big MINI fan now (oxymoron intended).

Paul, I 100% agree on the crap electric range. I don't even bother and keep it in hybrid mode full time. Still, the gas mileage in five days of driving is averaging 70mpg, so the electric motor is definitely doing its job. I suspect we'll see a full EV version of the Countryman at some point in the future, at which time my wife will probably be among the first buyers. She loves my car but can't give up her Kia Niro EV for anything other than another full EV.
Best regards,
John
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 23

Post by Deks »

The first car I drove was my mums "M" reg original Mini 1000. After passing my test and writing off my mums pride and joy within 3 weeks (I blame the drum brakes) I bought my own T reg Mini 1000. For reference T regs were about 40 years ago now. Lol it was a real rust bucket but I loved it to pieces and even lost my virginity in it /cough. 37 years later and the muscles are just about out of spasm! 🤣
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Deks wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:27 pm The first car I drove was my mums "M" reg original Mini 1000. After passing my test and writing off my mums pride and joy within 3 weeks (I blame the drum brakes) I bought my own T reg Mini 1000. For reference T regs were about 40 years ago now. Lol it was a real rust bucket but I loved it to pieces and even lost my virginity in it /cough. 37 years later and the muscles are just about out of spasm! 🤣
No wonder your back is in spasm !! :lol: :lol: :lol: