The Non-Curmudgeons Corner

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: The Non-Curmudgeons Corner

Post by Richard D »

For the past 10 years I have just about followed every local social media group. With May approaching the cull begins, feels liberating.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

How's this for service. It happened to be a watch, but that's not important right now. I sent it to the EU Netherlands, it was undelivered and it came back to the UK. I think NL post must have covered my return address with their sticker. So they didn't know where to send it, and apparently undelivered packages go to Belfast.

I went to the PO yesterday (Friday), they gave me a number to ring. I rang mid-morning and a very nice lady said she would deal with it but it might take a few weeks. 11am today (Saturday) the postman rang the door bell to deliver the watch. How do they do that? Fantastic.
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Today in England various COVID-19 restrictions were relaxed.

Now I could have visited a non essential retail shop to buy something I didn’t need, had a pint of beer in a pub garden or had a haircut.

Instead my wife and I drove 60 miles and my youngest daughter did likewise from the opposite direction, travelling from Wales. This meant that we were able to see our daughter and two grandchildren, for the first time in over seven months. :)

It will be another three weeks before we see our other daughter and other two grandchildren, when we are finally able to meet up in time for the youngest’s first birthday. But at least it’s a start.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

A great day indeed.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
gannet
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by gannet »

Attended my big sisters wedding today, and saw her for the first time in over a year in the process...

Was a bit chilly though!
-- gannet.
C65 AMGT 1VEV | C60 Trident Chronograph 300 | C7 Rapide Automatic | C7 Rapide Quartz | C3 Malvern Chronograph MK II -Limited Edition
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

scooter wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:42 pm A great day indeed.

scooter
Thanks scooter. It was great to see them.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by 0uatiOW »

When your other half sees your secret new watch for the first time and says “that’s a large watch” instead of “is that new?” :thumbup: :thumbup:
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

Oh it is good to enjoy a few pints with friends at the pub again!
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

This week is Teacher Appreciation Week. Usually it’s a bit of a joke the way the school celebrates it, more so under Covid this year. One of the highlights however, is that school administration with solicit comments from students and parents about teachers to share with teachers.

The stand out for me this week was an anonymous student saying I make him want to learn. Thank you anonymous student for reminding why I teach and why I love it during what has been a brutal year! I made at least one connection!
Drew
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

Today I stand down as a Borough Councillor, the majority of time as Executive Member for Adult Social Care. Over the many years I’ve had the privilege to have worked alongside extraordinary people but my highlight has been the opportunity to help individuals and communities across the Borough and beyond. I’m now looking at extending the support I give to our amazing NHS.

I might have to mark this milestone in my life with a watch.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

^^^^^
Are we allowed to reference posts on this topic. You made me smile there, Richard, with the watch reference. :D
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

JAFO wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 2:18 pm ^^^^^
Are we allowed to reference posts on this topic. You made me smile there, Richard, with the watch reference. :D
Can’t see any rules that says you can’t. As for a ‘milestone watch’ the hunt begins. :D
Richard

Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

The simplest of pleasures.....

1F351D30-B0CC-4DE0-8AF0-8CB9943ECF04.jpeg
Richard

richtel
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 8

Post by richtel »

As I get a little older I'm very fortunate to have someone who calls and checks on me every day. He's from India and is very concerned about a security incident on my Microsoft PC.
Rich

"The bad news is that time flies. The good news is that you're the pilot."
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Go on Leicester. Couple of minutes more.