The Non-Curmudgeons Corner

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: The Non-Curmudgeons Corner

Post by Tyke »

Watch funds have arrived, I can now actually go into the local Omega and Alpina AD's equipped to buy :D

Now the hard work starts as to what to buy..........
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by FloridaPhil »

Last payment on my car made - 11 months early! What a great feeling
WatchChat on Facebook
The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 3

Post by missF »

started off writing this in carmudgeon's corner, then was forced to change my mind.
my flat looks over a small courtyard / alley way, and there is a stone bench pretty much right underneath my window. occasionally there'll be a homeless guy sleeping out there.
for the past 2 hours tonight i've lain in bed listening to someone BLETHERING and RANTING outside. a constant stream of singing and talking to himself. snippets of rap songs. tripping on something. i can't sleep through it. i was about to shout out the window and tell him to go home because i'm trying to sleep (hence carmudgeon's corner), when i realised that he's actually wrapped up down there and bedded down for the night. hence i have no carmudgeonly feelings left. it's hard enough getting through life when you have somewhere you can call home. i might not get much sleep tonight for the racket, but at least i have a roof over my head and somewhere warm and safe to sleep :thumbup:
watching you fail in your quest for a “one watch” has been great entertainment
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

Amazed at the speed of GOV.UK for a Passport renewal.

Photo taken in a booth last Wednesday, old passport sent on Thursday, notification of arrival Saturday, approved/printed yesterday and arrived today!

A very slick system, but then it did cost £75.50! :shock:

I was expecting at least 2/3 weeks so unexpectedly pleased that it was processed so quickly at this time of year. :thumbup:
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

I received a phone call today, from a very helpful gentleman, who sounded foreign to me. He claimed to be from BT and said that they had been monitoring my internet connection and had discovered that my PC had been infected with a very dangerous virus. He asked me if I was on my computer at the moment. I said no, so he generously offered to hold, while I went to my PC (I don’t own one as I have a Mac) . I let him “hold” for a few minutes and when he asked me if I was at my PC yet, I quietly said no. At the point when he asked why not, I took far too much pleasure in yelling, at the top of my lungs “no because I’m not an idiot”. For a few seconds I could here the background noise of other callcentre liars chattering away and then the line went dead. I hope the @#£&’s ears were ringing for a while! :lol:

Edit: before you say I was too harsh, I’m not with BT, don’t own a PC and get these calls a couple of times a month.
Steve.
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thermexman »

That warm feeling you get from adding a cheeky "forbidden" counter comment in the Curmudgeon's corner, knowing full well that it'll be deleted and then finding out that you were absolutely right! :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbup:
Steve.
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

The South Coast of England in the sun.

Happy Days!

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

It’s so good to know that I’ve absolutely no work to do tomorrow, no reading, no reports, no writing, no emails, no telephone calls and no meetings. This will be my first free Sunday in months and I’m going to spend it with my wife. Happy days. :)
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

Being mistaken for someone else on TZ.

Made I laugh.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
downer

Post by downer »

Just read my Linkedin feed. What a load of old tosh! Shameless self-promotion, meaningless management-speak and adverts for nonsense jobs. So happy to be out of that loop!
Richard
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thermexman »

My daughter’s iPhone battery started draining down super quickly, after downloading the latest software, a couple of weeks ago.
No problem we thought, as Apple are offering a battery change for £25 if it’s a genuine fault with the battery.

We booked in to see a “Genius”.

He ran a diagnostic check which showed that the battery was fine. It had a capacity of 84% and they don’t advocate changing the battery until it drops below 80%.

We asked them to change it anyway.

He agreed and said that they would honour the £25 discounted fee.
On processing the order it was flagged up that the battery was from a known bad batch, so they would change it for free!
So far so good.

On returning to pick it up a couple of hours later, they said that having replaced the battery, the phone wouldn’t re-boot and so they’ve had to re-fit the original battery. “Oh, here we go” I thought!

On re-fitting the original battery, the phone still wouldn’t start.

They gave her a complete new phone for free!

How’s that for Customer service? :clap:
Steve.
0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by 0uatiOW »

When the first you see of a sales corner listing is the update to say it has sold, and you think “Thank goodness, I would have bought that”.
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by kiter65 »

Been going a bit of gardening this afternoon,T-shirt and shorts, hit 19 degrees, It’s mid October :D :thumbup:
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Holy thread revival, Batman! :shock:

Apologies for that, but amid all the doom, gloom and curmudgeonly mutterings – what a lovely Saturday!

Got up early – washing and ironing done – gym, swim, sauna, steam – shopping (monthly trip to Waitrose to get all the nice things I can’t get anywhere else) – home for the rugby – not pretty but England won – fillet steak with chips, onion rings and peas – couple of glasses of a rather nice Merlot – coffee and Calvados – early night – good book – lie-in tomorrow! :D
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
v8power
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by v8power »

Oh, nice to see this "retro thread" still in game :) Hi, teacher AVO :)
Watch out :)