The Non-Curmudgeons Corner

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: The Non-Curmudgeons Corner

Post by jkbarnes »

I’ll be a teacher mentor for a student teacher this year. I met with the young lady for over two hours this morning, and it has left me invigorated and excited for the coming school year!
Drew
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by iain »

* Any similarity to any recent posts on a similar subject are purely coincidental and do not indicate any comments have been replied to.

I read something somewhere recently which made me reflect on something I’ve been doing for many years and always gives me a great deal of satisfaction.

I have been a mentor for many people on both an informal and a formal basis as a mentor volunteer through one of the profession bodies that I’m a member of (Institute of Physics and Engineering in Medicine, IPEM).

I have taken young professionals starting out on their careers and helped guide them into more senior positions, while watching them grow into the people they have become. I’ve also worked with senior staff both in my workplace as well as in other organisations and helped them on the way to becoming Chartered Engineers or developing their own departments.

Mentoring has provided me probably more satisfaction than my own work often has. And hats off to anyone who takes on this most important of roles.

In my early career I was mentored by others and this is a way of giving back. I could never repay those who helped me, but by helping others I am paying back into the Clinical Engineering profession.
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by kiter65 »

I think this forum is great.....not only do I get educated about watches but history, geography, pens, guitars, cameras, cars motorbikes, photography etc etc etc....keep it coming folks :clap: :clap: :D :D
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

^^^ Well Richard the good thing about the non-curmudgeons corner thread is that there are no rules indicating that one must not comment about another’s post in this thread! :)

Therefore I will say +1 to your post. I agree. The non watch threads add to the interest of looking at the forum. :thumbup:

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by kiter65 »

kiter65 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:36 pm I think this forum is great.....not only do I get educated about watches but history, geography, pens, guitars, cameras, cars motorbikes, photography etc etc etc....keep it coming folks :clap: :clap: :D :D
Forgot to mention music....wow has my musical horizons broaden since being on here \:D/ \:D/ :thumbup:
Cheers Neil :D
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

The beauty of the forum is that since it’s thread based, you see only what you choose to see, unlike a lot of social media platforms where you’re fed what the algorithm chooses to feed you. There are plenty of thread topics on here that don’t interest me. And you know what I do? I ignore them. No harm, no foul. I love this forum! YMMV….
Drew
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

Absolutely delighted to see the team I have supported since I was 11 make a fantastic start to their first season in the Premier League.

A3590EDD-B34A-45D9-A9AF-838471C48517.jpeg
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

An excellent result indeed.

"We're just a bus stop in Hounslow" is their famous self deprecating chant I understand.

Looks to me like the Arsenal bus was 'not in service' last night!

A brilliant performance from Brentford.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

scooter wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:25 am An excellent result indeed.

"We're just a bus stop in Hounslow" is their famous self deprecating chant I understand.

Looks to me like the Arsenal bus was 'not in service' last night!

A brilliant performance from Brentford.

scooter
I think you are right about Arsenal. The Premier League better wake up, Brentford might be the new boys but they are very well managed from the boardroom to the programme seller. A great team of people behind a good team with a fantastic loyal community fanbase. No illusions it will be a tough season but boy am I going to enjoy it, 52 years I’ve waited for this.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

As some of you know, my wife and I don’t actually live together and only see each other on weekends. I’m in the house I shared with my ex and she in the house she shared with her ex. We definitely don’t have a place that is ours.

Last weekend, she had her front living room completely redone with new dry wall that she then primed and painted herself. We spent today hanging curtains and art work on the walls. This is the second room she has redone.

Long story short, with these two rooms being completely redone, and with me playing a part in decorating both, her place is starting to feel a bit like our place! And that feels great!
Drew
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

Went for a walk after being deleted, came across a passion flower that cheered me up. Good job as I would have hated what could have followed.

Nature’s beauty.

109297CE-F891-4556-8996-8B89A78112C7.jpeg
Richard

JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

^^^^^
In the UK? Impressive! :D
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Richard D wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:05 pm Went for a walk after being deleted, came across a passion flower that cheered me up. Good job as I would have hated what could have followed.

Nature’s beauty.

Lovely. We used to have them along a fence in the garden.

Neil

PS: I didn’t see anything wrong with your post that disappeared! :problem:
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

nbg wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:12 pm
Richard D wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:05 pm Went for a walk after being deleted, came across a passion flower that cheered me up. Good job as I would have hated what could have followed.

Nature’s beauty.

Lovely. We used to have them along a fence in the garden.

Neil

PS: I didn’t see anything wrong with your post that disappeared! :problem:
Thank you, I appreciate your kind thoughts.
Richard

JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I just underbid on a CW watch on eBay. I sort of thought one more bid would have got it, but you never know. Ah well. Wasn't meant to be, was it?